It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why being a champion for AGW is an exercise in futility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Until we have some alternative fuel source that has little to no emissions, very little will change. Our numbers are increasing, and there doesn’t seem to be any indication that shipping, air travel, or automobile travel is going to be replaced with teleporters in the near future.

So if we aren’t going to change how we move about, and there isn’t an alternative to the toxic spew that comes from internal combustion engines, then incessant whining and crying about climate change is pointless. It’s became such an issue that little autistic girls from Sweden are convinced the world is ending, yet nobody offered her an alternative.

While all the passion and emotion is impressive, it’s kind of a joke when you put it in context. It’s like screaming at the sun for being out at noon. No matter how much you scream or how loudly your tantrum might be, the sun will still be way up there about noon time.

Try this:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If AGW were real, the biggest complainers wouldn't be leaving their carbon footprint all over the sky by flying around in jumbo jets or driving their fast cars or using their electricity. The big banks wouldn't be handing out loans for billions upon billions of dollars for condos and mansions on every beach in the world, and they wouldn't be sitting around crying about it and telling us what WE need to do.

2020 is supposed to start the next Grand Solar Minimum, an event that happens every 350 to 400 years and that year falls right in line for the time that GSM's have hit for the last 10,000 years. The sun's energy will slow down and we'll orbit the cooler side of the sun, thus a sort of perfect storm so to speak. When we start to feel its effects in 2024 or 2025, this whole AGW hoax is gone, and these government funded scientists will be all washed up, pun intended.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The solution is NOT going to come from the United States. Market forces are too powerful in controlling the government. The solution is only going to come from a top-down command solution you get with a former communist country:

The Chinese are spending billions on LFTR technlogy

Soon a small city will be able to buy a LFTR reactor the size of the shipping container to power an entire city for pennies with zero emissions. The Chinese will solve this problem. The Indian and Japanese governments are also pumping in billions into LFTR research.

The German Stellerator also shows great promise. Every other technology doesn't produce enough energy to be practical.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

sweet! so we finally found a way to deal with Nuclear waste! Nice. Can you link to that?

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The problem will solve itself because if we're effecting the weather of this planet, it's so minuscule that it doesn't measure. Why were temps so high in the Jurassic Era? I mean, it's not rocket science although you guys pretend like it is. It's just natural. Let Earth run her course, you'll adapt.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It's not about one amazing new technology that will make gasoline obsolete. That isn't feasible. It's about everyone taking small steps to reduce their dependence on it.

It's about changing ingrained habits of how we travel/commute, whatever that might be. Driving electric cars, public transportation, etc. And I think that's the crux of the issue. It's nearly impossible for a lot of people (especially older people) to change the habits they've had for most of their lives. They don't want to, and they view anyone trying to talk to them about it as an attack on themselves personally.

There won't be an honest conversation until people can let go of their ego.
edit on 3-10-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

sweet! so we finally found a way to deal with Nuclear waste! Nice. Can you link to that?

It's not surprising you have no idea what you are talking about. Unlike the Navy design for nuclear power plant, the Air Force design (LFTR) type nuclear power plant does not have excessive waste.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

It's not about one amazing new technology that will make gasoline obsolete. That isn't feasible. It's about everyone taking small steps to reduce their dependence on it.

You are completely wrong. Small steps are meaningless. We need a big solution. Otherwise, our carbon footprint will not change.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

LFTR reactor basics

You can echo the Big Oil propaganda as much as you want. The truth of the matter is other countries are going to solve this problem. The US will not be the leader in energy by the end of this century.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Besides, the Germans have hot fusion working:

Physicists confirm the precision of magnetic fields in the most advanced stellarator in the world

The German Stellerator is probably the greatest feat of engineering ever created by man.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Small steps are the only thing we can do right now. Barring some giant leap in technology that makes internal combustion engines obsolete overnight.

If you have anything like that, I'd love to see it.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
A cheap abundant renewable energy source is what is needed to make a change. Fusion research has been woefully underfunded. They are using outdated reactors trying to gleam as much information from them as they can while designs for better reactors that could be successful remain on paper. Some private companies have taken it upon themselves to further the study.

One scientist named Kasper Moth Pulson has come up with technologies for solar thermal energy storage through the synthesis of single molecules which is in testing already. Last time I read about it the molecules were being made from cheap abundant sources.

If graphene can be developed into cables then tapping into the earths heat beneath the crust would provide an inexhaustible amount of energy.

But right now there is no viable alternative aside from geothermal to replace coal and the problem with geothermal is the high cost to build the facilities.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Watched a PBS Nova docu "The Nuclear Option" (2017) in it they talk about the new generation of Nuclear reactors, recommended must see! (I get them f/torrent)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

We do have an alternative for electricity generation....nuclear.

As for planes,,, you're stuck with fossil fuels.
Same with large trucks and ships.

Solar is not a solution.
Making the panels is highly environmentally unfriendly and nobody has a way to recycle the panels yet. They contain some nasty heavy metals.
And the biggest issues are their unreliability and lack of storage capacity.

And people really need to stop screaming about thorium reactors.
The technology is not there yet and might never be.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Nuclear power already exists. Shame that's been slandered constantly for the better part of a century now by activists who are unwitting agents of the fossil fuel industry.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

there isn’t an alternative to the toxic spew
Try this:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

There is an alternative to the toxic spew out of our vehicles, how about the toxic spew on ATS about a 16 year old, that was certainly 'alternate'

What the hell has God got to do with this again? especially as a heathen non believer (which I am, strike me down)

If you wouldnt inhale car exhaust fumes maybe we can all agree they could potentially be reduced and that would benefit us all, its a start and I did not even call anyone the Antichrist unlike ATS members did about a 16 year old.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Somebody should ask Macron if it worked out OK for him when he tried to impose the "carbon tax" to the French people some months ago ?
Looks like the "Yellow Vests" protests have been going on every saturday since and they want his rearenda out!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It's not surprising you have no idea what you are talking about. Unlike the Navy design for nuclear power plant, the Air Force design (LFTR) type nuclear power plant does not have excessive waste.

LOL, so the reactor will still have waste and it will still have to be disposed of. And it won't work in planes.

I'm all for a new fuel source. When I bought my house, I had a year to work on it, getting it just how I wanted. So I made it really energy efficient, LED lights, Propane heat, on demand water heater, spray foam insulation under and over. Plus it's only 750sq ft, so it's just what we need and no extra. But I didn't do that because I was afraid the world would end in 12 years, I did it to save money.

If there is a new fuel source to replace gas, I'm excited. But as I keep hearing about what won't work, the realist in me knows that what I wrote is true. And you know it as well, but can't bring yourself to admit it.

This is one instance I hope to hell I'm dead wrong about.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

there isn’t an alternative to the toxic spew
Try this:

There is an alternative to the toxic spew out of our vehicles, how about the toxic spew on ATS about a 16 year old, that was certainly 'alternate'

What the hell has God got to do with this again? especially as a heathen non believer (which I am, strike me down)

If you wouldnt inhale car exhaust fumes maybe we can all agree they could potentially be reduced and that would benefit us all, its a start and I did not even call anyone the Antichrist unlike ATS members did about a 16 year old.

I'm listening, how do we do it?

top topics

join