It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the evidence that life needed to start and didn't always exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Man created time to break the day into work, play and rest hours, so now it exists even if it is only a man made construct.

Well in the big picture we call it Laws of Thermodynamics and Chaos Theory. "Time" is a much easier concept to comprehend though. One of the big things Hawking worked on was whether time would reverse if the universe started to retract instead of expanding, and he determined "time" would continue moving forward, kind of a big deal that most do not think about.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
For the last time, what is it you think I am claiming? Be very specific on this.

I'm tired of dealing with you, saying the same thing over and over.

This is your last chance, so go ahead...

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Interesting, thanks for the input. Thinking about this stuff just leaves me with a sense that our concept of reality is somewhat limited.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Man created time to break the day into work, play and rest hours, so now it exists even if it is only a man made construct.

Well in the big picture we call it Laws of Thermodynamics and Chaos Theory. "Time" is a much easier concept to comprehend though. One of the big things Hawking worked on was whether time would reverse if the universe started to retract instead of expanding, and he determined "time" would continue moving forward, kind of a big deal that most do not think about.

What do you think about time causing the universe to eventually collapse into a "single point", and soon after creating a second universe that expands based on all the energy that had been gathered into the previous universe point (so to speak) ?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Interesting, thanks for the input. Thinking about this stuff just leaves me with a sense that our concept of reality is somewhat limited.

Our brain is really good at making things look really smooth to the point that we feel we are very aware of everything around us, and most just do not know just how limited their awareness actually is.

A great book to read is called The Invisible Gorilla: And Other Ways Our Intuition Deceives Us. It covers like 13 areas with our brain and senses that we truly are lacking in and just do not know it.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

What do you think about time causing the universe to eventually collapse into a "single point", and soon after creating a second universe that expands based on all the energy that had been gathered into the previous universe point (so to speak) ?

I believe there are two thoughts on this and one is that the universe collapses back to a singularity event or the universe keeps expanding to maximum entropy where every atom is so far apart that gravity and many other forces cease to exist except at the quantum level.

The big problem is we can not wrap our brains around things like...

1. Our universe is actually infinite though the energy from the big bang is not and is expanding about 14 billion light-years away from us. Many think that is the edge of our universe and it is not.
2. Think of a place without time, has infinite matter/energy and infinite universes etc...These concepts do not make sense to us since we do have time and limited matter, no more, no less from the big bang, and we also have a beginning and end.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

(post by TerraLiga removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Thanks for that , I was looking for some new reading material, something unusual, these will do nicely.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Can I ask you, as the OP, if the discussion of time is at all relevant to your original question? I would have thought that you would like to know more about theories of abiogenesis, panspermia or maybe even seeding, rather than where time came from?

SNIP: Removed Snide Remark
edit on 9/22/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
a reply to: neoholographic

Can I ask you, as the OP, if the discussion of time is at all relevant to your original question? I would have thought that you would like to know more about theories of abiogenesis, panspermia or maybe even seeding, rather than where time came from?

Or how about life has always been here from day one because the term life is just a human construct and not something the universe actually does.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I believe there are two thoughts on this and one is that the universe collapses back to a singularity event or the universe keeps expanding to maximum entropy where every atom is so far apart that gravity and many other forces cease to exist except at the quantum level.

The big problem is we can not wrap our brains around things like...

1. Our universe is actually infinite though the energy from the big bang is not and is expanding about 14 billion light-years away from us. Many think that is the edge of our universe and it is not.
2. Think of a place without time, has infinite matter/energy and infinite universes etc...These concepts do not make sense to us since we do have time and limited matter, no more, no less from the big bang, and we also have a beginning and end.

Worst part is that we can't escape it, if we could watch it from the outside maybe it would make lots of sense, but we are inside the balloon lol, so we can't see how the balloon looks from the outside :/

I guess we'll never know

(post by rnaa removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Worst part is that we can't escape it, if we could watch it from the outside maybe it would make lots of sense, but we are inside the balloon lol, so we can't see how the balloon looks from the outside :/

I guess we'll never know

We might be able to...

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, life has always existed. Because we understand so little about time and how it functions in the universe, I imagine circumstances where relatively large bits of matter/energy (including living things) manage to slide back from the "future" through rifts or holes in spacetime, and seeding the universe with life as a result of a time loop. If you think of spacetime like a sponge, imagine a little bacteria getting sucked into one of the holes and winding its way around other holes until it finds itself on the other side of the sponge without ever really interacting with any physical sponge material along the way. All holes and voids.

And as a fun result, the universe continues to expand, but not just into the what we call future, but also into the past, dragging life along with it. Because the universe wouldn't even exist without something living in it and experiencing it.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Dude ! You may have just solved the mysteries of the OOPARTs !
They just weren't there then, they're just there now !
'Cause all we experience is the now.

We didn't experience anything pre our consciousness, and all ends when our consciousness ends.

(Don't 'know' these things. They are merely opinion/belief/temporary ideas/observations/thoughts/concepts).

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Define "life"

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Define "life"

Eat, poop, reproduce. Typical Saturday night. (Except for that last one.)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

So you have testable proof that there is other life in the Universe?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

there is no "Time" just movement of the heavens

they do move you know, we move thru our solar system,

the solar system moves through milky way

everything is moving, time is just a picture of that movement.

life is not something that started ergo there is no life, life, like time, is a fiction.

you will understand when you depart and not before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join