It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resident of the Bahamas says Dorian came out of nowhere

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: vonclod

Yes, and telling people the storm is going to kill everyone every single time makes people unprepared.

Interesting, I have never heard a report stating a storm was going to kill everyone..not even once!

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: vonclod
The only preparation that island could have taken for what happened there, was evacuation. And I doubt that they even would have been able to efficiently evacuate with the time they had, once they realized, this was not going to be your run of the mill hurricane.

This was an island were generations had experienced hurricanes of varying intensity and very amounts of damage in the past. They had no previous hurricanes of this magnitude to even compare.

Oh, I agree..logistical nightmare.

These events are unpredictable, it really was a big one. Travelled up, and knocked out power in the east coast of Canada even.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

How does a hurricane creep up on someone? You'd have to be blind not to see it coming.

Tropical storms make their presence felt long before they are given names, the gusts from the tropical depressions can be felt hundreds of miles away. Did this dude not notice the gusts, the tidal surges, the excessive cloud Cover? Even without news coverage the warning signs were there.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I think what made it so incredible was it stalling out and just battering the land longer.. bringing in more ocean. Im pretty blown away by some of the pics and video Ive seen of the aftermath. It was definitely a wicked storm.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

With Passports.
2nd Line.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I live on the Gulf Coast plus or minus 100 yards to the shoreline...for many years.

Out of nowhere crap is just plain crap...especially with the information in your hands today.

I personally used to listen to the marine radio, plot by hand on a map positions, watch coastal weather daily/prior to make decisions when bugging out...because I could not rely on local authority to do the same...

Out of nowhere is a blame game....sad.

mg

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join