It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight Pride Parade

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: InTheLight

I don't know honestly. But people likely assume that since the left hates straight folks.

It seems all very mixed up...straight parade marchers allow trans-people with Trump signs to walk with them.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Tell that to ATS. We still have people trying to justify James Fields actions in Charlottesville. Not to mention the people that try to claim Heather Heyer died from a heart attack.

There's a lean here.

Go to r/Fuc*TheAltRight on reddit, and anyone wearing red MAGA hat is a nazi, and they deserve whatever comes their way. They're openly violent there. (edit, by the way, I got banned there for saying maybe they shouldn't talk about punching teenagers [those MAGA catholic kids], I'd say its far worse of an echo chamber, just like there are far right echo chambers on there, ATS you can say what you want within T&C, I do it all the time)

Most of the nation doesn't think violence towards anyone for their views is OK though, left or right. While some may be more sympathetic to some than others... All violence should be called out though, it's bad for causes they claim to be forwarding, and for the country as a whole.
edit on 6-9-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Boadicea

I never have understood the gay pride ideal and the need for representation in all forms of media. To me it feels like all the fuss does them more harm than good.
Are these folks so weak mentally that they have to try to justify their existence?

Yes, I honestly believe they are -- at least a significant portion. And it seems to be a trend, requiring -- and demanding -- outside validation for anything and everything one might think and do.

And the labels!!! I am literally gobsmacked at how many people feel the need to label themselves and then wear it as a badge of honor or courage or something while demanding the approval and validation of others.

I just don't get it. Why do people limit themselves like that???

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Why would the 'straight'(?) parade organizers allow a non-straight person to parade with them?

Why not???

There are plenty of straight people at Pride Parades. Why would gay parade organizers allow straight people to parade with them? I would hope it's to foster and nurture good will and tolerance and friendship, demonstrating that diversity doesn't equal animosity.

Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Except calling out the parade organizers for what they really are.

Except, of course, I clearly stated in the OP -- with quotes! -- exactly why the protesters were protesting... for "calling out the parade organizers" for what they (presumably) are.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Except calling out the parade organizers for what they really are.

Except, of course, I clearly stated in the OP -- with quotes! -- exactly why the protesters were protesting... for "calling out the parade organizers" for what they (presumably) are.

The counter protesters called them out, you did not.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Why would the 'straight'(?) parade organizers allow a non-straight person to parade with them?

Why not???

There are plenty of straight people at Pride Parades. Why would gay parade organizers allow straight people to parade with them? I would hope it's to foster and nurture good will and tolerance and friendship, demonstrating that diversity doesn't equal animosity.

Nothing wrong with that.

Because it doesn't make sense, that's why and if it doesn't make sense, it is not true.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Can I just say this...

Of course! And what better place to say it than a forum devoted to discussion???

Remember when Parades were something fun that everyone enjoyed. There was no political statement.
It was just bands, floats and happy people...

Now it's always a statement, and always a counter statement...

I do remember. Parades were events that celebrated everyone's best interests and brought people together for a common cause and the greater good.

I won't tell people what (and who) they can and can't celebrate, but it is a shame that parades are too often employed to divide rather than unite.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I don't know honestly. But people likely assume that since the left hates straight folks.

It seems all very mixed up...straight parade marchers allow trans-people with Trump signs to walk with them.

That's because you're a leftist and you have purity tests for these things. Your kind booted women who wanted to march about being upset by Trump's election because they also wanted to carry pro-life signs.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Parades are so gay. . . .

Funny how the left hides behind free speech but endorses silencing of all opinions differing their own.

Line of the day. Have you always been this funny?

Why have I never noticed???

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Wrong. From my OP:

Something like this speaker:

Among other scheduled speakers is a leader of the Proud Boys, which the Anti-Defamation League describes as an 'extremist conservative group.'

If I had found any article which had addressed the White supremacist beliefs of the organizers, and especially in terms of how it influenced the parade, I would have included it as well. But I didn't find one.

Of course, you are quite welcome to post such a thread. Or to make such a thread yourself. My OP was about the event and aftermath in general, not about the parade organizers.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Wrong. From my OP:

Something like this speaker:

Among other scheduled speakers is a leader of the Proud Boys, which the Anti-Defamation League describes as an 'extremist conservative group.'

If I had found any article which had addressed the White supremacist beliefs of the organizers, and especially in terms of how it influenced the parade, I would have included it as well. But I didn't find one.

Of course, you are quite welcome to post such a thread. Or to make such a thread yourself. My OP was about the event and aftermath in general, not about the parade organizers.

Isn't is probable that by inviting Trump sign carriers that they are politically motivated?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Reading how the protesters felt, you would think this was a white supremacy parade. So much for the joy of being normal.

Assaulting a cop in Louisiana is now considered a hate crime. It's the only bill our democrat governor, Dumb Bell Edwards, passed that I agree with. He got props for that one.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Seems to me that in this day and age when anything in the majority is deemed oppressive and bad by simple default, people who are in that majority are allowed to have a little fun and celebrate themselves.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Who, besides you, are saying those folks were expressly invited?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Because it doesn't make sense, that's why and if it doesn't make sense, it is not true.

That may be the most ignorant and ridiculous statement I have ever seen on ATS. And that's really saying something.

But bottom line is that it says everything about YOU and no one else.

You really don't think it makes sense for people with different likes and preferences to support one another??? Some of us do it all the time. Just like the straight folks who participated in Gay Pride Parades and the gay folks who participated in the Straight Pride Parade.

It obviously is true.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Isn't is probable that by inviting Trump sign carriers that they are politically motivated?

Lots of things are probable... even more things are possible...

Make that thread and I'll be happy to be part of the discussion.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Members of "the squad", AOC and Pressley have been asking their supporters to donate to bail money for the "counter protesters" who got arrested. They are saying that the straight pride protesters are full of hate. Funny how that works when they are the ones constantly spewing vitriol at anyone who disagrees with them

AOC, Pressley to help pay bail for counterprotesters at ‘Straight Pride’

Unf'ingbelievable. Someone needs to put a muzzle and a pair of mittens on those four turds so they can't speak or use social media.

link   

Who, besides you, are saying those folks were expressly invited?

Considering gays and trans people holding Trump signs were allowed to join in, it appears to be politically motivated.

If it marches like a duck, it is a duck.

The marshal of the 'Straight Pride' rally was Milo Yiannopoulos, a prominent and provocative member of the far-right movement in the U.S. who has been banned from several social media sites. He also happens to be gay.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Members of "the squad", AOC and Pressley have been asking their supporters to donate to bail money for the "counter protesters" who got arrested. They are saying that the straight pride protesters are full of hate. Funny how that works when they are the ones constantly spewing vitriol at anyone who disagrees with them

AOC, Pressley to help pay bail for counterprotesters at ‘Straight Pride’

And I think it's also noteworthy that this was a family and child friendly event... no inappropriate states of undress, no sexual acts in full public view, no sexual perversions on display, no obscene and vulgar signs and messages...

Because they're the ones acting like the adults in the room. Democrats always seem to be the spoiled immature child with ADHD, who are off their meds, that you can't settle down. They do whatever they can to piss you off, even if they agree with you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join