It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A subscriber service for ATS.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: MisterSpock

I think it's for me that my posts getting removed or warnings or whatever seem to be a roll of the dice.

I just had a post on this thread removed for being off-topic... I originally posted this thread in General Chit-chat, got it moved to Member business by a mod and am now having a post removed because it is no longer on topic for the thread that I originally posted in a forum that allowed that.

If that's the standard here, I'm no longer interested in the site.

Cheer up sweet cheeks?

I see some rolling removals(I got one).

Maybe you should start a discord server? I'm sure many here would hop on board.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: MisterSpock

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Hell, I remember a topic where I suggested the OP kill a cat, place it on the counter for dinner and suggest him, his sister and her boyfriend take a sexual shower together WITH THE DEAD CAT.

You say that casually like it wasn't the defining moment you became everybody's favorite poster instantaneously..

I couldn't hope to find that even if I wanted.

But you do want to, right?...

*ahem*

I'll just leave this here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*Wipes tear from eye....*

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever given me.

Rereading it, even I'm blindsided by the degeneracy.

God I'm such a beautiful mind......

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Hell, I remember a topic where I suggested the OP kill a cat, place it on the counter for dinner and suggest him, his sister and her boyfriend take a sexual shower together WITH THE DEAD CAT.

You say that casually like it wasn't the defining moment you became everybody's favorite poster instantaneously..

*ahem*

I'm so glad that thread is still there...

On the one hand, it's an absolute disaster...

But on the other hand, it's like my soul is being shown bare to everyone.

I hope it lives on in infamy, eventually to be used in a future trial of mine as a character witness......

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Been many years since I have read the chat logs...can5 say I remember the cat offhand but there were far worse things said in chat.

Chat was killed because it was a paid service by company that was ripping us off by not marking the bill as paid when funds were received. Other problem children sealed the fate of looking for yet another chat room replacement. Plus with the Radio dying at about the same time there was no additional pressure for need. Contract with the hosting service for the website itself was a big nope to an in house chat solution due to server load.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

*ahem*

*Wipes tear from eye....*

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever given me.

There, there.

It only took me like 15 seconds to find..

The ironic part? I only had the pleasure of seeing that post because a bunch of ex-members were chuckling over it and made sure I got to enjoy the chuckle as well.

You are legend bro

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Ummm...Not just no....but Hellll no...

I already don’t like most of you most of the time and care about the rest of you even less...Aaaaaannd...I tell you all how I really feel about you already...

I’ve already been at the epicenter of one ATS scandal...once was good thank you very much...

No..make that two...yes...two definitely two...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I think it's for me that my posts getting removed or warnings or whatever seem to be a roll of the dice.

I just had a post on this thread removed for being off-topic... I originally posted this thread in General Chit-chat, got it moved to Member business by a mod and am now having a post removed because it is no longer on topic for the thread that I originally posted in a forum that allowed that.

Cheer up sweet cheeks?

I once had a post that a mod applauded me for be taken off for a serious T&C violation by another mod later.

Some uniformity would be nice...

As for Discord, wouldn't it behoove ATS to possibly incorporate something for.... ~gasp~... profit?

~shrugs~

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Cheer up sweet cheeks?

I once had a post that a mod applauded me for be taken off for a serious T&C violation by another mod later.

As for Discord, wouldn't it behoove ATS to possibly incorporate something for.... ~gasp~... profit?

~shrugs~

It's logical. ATS is forum based, a medium that is in decline. Everything is more app based and something that would be a modern source of revenue would probably be good.

I'm not disagreeing with you in any way, it's in the owners hands though, and i don't blame them for not wanting to move forward and put time and money into another venue.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Cheer up sweet cheeks?

~shrugs~

That's the humor though, to me.

Picture it...
That one mod laughs his ass off and gives applause only for one to come by later and delete it.

That's a badge of honor and shouldn't be a negative on the one that deleted it, just an insight to human nature.

It's what does make this site better than the rest... that one will laugh..and likely the other will laugh but uphold T&C. It's certainly not the draconian nature of modern social media like twitter and facebook. These people(mods) still have a good sense of humor/sense of humanity. They delete things not because you aren't right or funny, just because it falls under the loose guidelines of the site.

Face it, you or I and most others would be far more censored under any other major social media platform...

Plus they are obviously being more lax because this is just a CIA ring to catch the overt crazies while letting the rest of us moderates have a good time......

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Ahhh then we'd not only have the left and right dilemma, but the "You're not even a subscriber, your opinion means nothing!" claims.

Why not... I'll stay as I am.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

My best thread ever was taken down,

The gift that keeps on giving, phallic shaped earrings for Christmas.

I was so sad, some of the responses were absolutely hilarious.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join