It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart's New Gun and Ammo Stance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There is not a single nor collective gun (control) law that has or would have prevented a mass shooting yet how often do you hear the canard of not banning guns but just “common sense gun control”?

I think it would be easier to mass print some common sense exit visas for those that want them.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I think it would be easier to mass print some common sense exit visas for those that want them.

CHANGE I CAN BELIEVE IN!!! Can we build the wall (without doors) after they've left?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: projectvxn

Even if you never buy ammo there this is now one less major retailer where you can. The goal of some is to have nowhere you can buy it.

We can't compel Walmart to sell ammunition.

I understand your argument. But there are plenty of other avenues. The free market will work in this case. This isnt Google where they control all of the internet. Walmart has a very small share of the firearms and ammunition market. Online retailers are far more prolific.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 3-9-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Seen Walmart's massive tax breaks and honey deals with municipal governments lately? Of course they can be "compelled" to remember their place and snap back to the heel they belong at.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Walmart isn't exactly a small share of ammo sales; hey account for 20% of the ammo sales in the US each year.

Also, as others have pointed out Walmart ran many smaller stores out of business and is now the only store to buy ammo in in some smaller towns.

Yes, the market will adjust but for some people it will be a wait. This also doesn't actually solve anything and is just the beginning for those who want to ban guns.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When you figure it out, do let me know, OK?

Unfortunately, I do my shopping at 3 AM...guess which store is the only one open...?

But, hey, somehow or other, this will end the shootings... Yep, it surely will.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yeah. Makes 'em sound so on top of things, doesn't it??

🤦‍♂️

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Clowns... anyone scared of someone open carrying with their arms full of groceries, or baby stuff is an idiot that should be immediately sterilized.
Dont think anyone has entered a wally world and started shopping then suddenly gone dangit I am pissed and start shooting.

The stupidity our general public is showing on a day to day basis is frustrating and terrifying all at once these same people are the ones that look to the govt to take care of all health care, or protect them after the supreme court said cops dont have to, or ignore the NSA tapping everything still after being told to stop it.

Yet in this issue big govt will save me...morons..

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So it is by definition government endorsed disarmament, I mean sanctioned prayer in schools is forbidden by separation of church and state. So tax incentives to companies to deny Constitutional Rights should be eliminated as well, shouldn’t they? I mean it can’t possibly go both ways could it?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Soon with the tarriffs they won't even have that to sell.

My firearms are all built in the gool ol' USA.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Clowns... anyone scared of someone open carrying with their arms full of groceries, or baby stuff is an idiot that should be immediately sterilized.
Dont think anyone has entered a wally world and started shopping then suddenly gone dangit I am pissed and start shooting.

If they're scared of that, they're probably scared of their own shadows.

The stupidity our general public is showing on a day to day basis is frustrating and terrifying all at once these same people are the ones that look to the govt to take care of all health care, or protect them after the supreme court said cops dont have to, or ignore the NSA tapping everything still after being told to stop it.

Amazing, isn't it?? The same people who can not fix roads, are the same ones these people are depending upon to protect them from, apparently, me. Really? I didn't even know I was a threat...🤔

Yet in this issue big govt will save me...morons..

Yep. Morons just about covers it. Blame the tool!!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I have quite a few Italian jobbers, one of which may have been made in the US due to its actual designation of M9. A few West Germany older pieces, hence the West Germany stamp. Come to think of it there really is only a few US made examples in the collection. One of which is a pretty (expensive) pony, but is a discontinued model. People liked the Defender but not the trench sights of the New Agent.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

So it is by definition government endorsed disarmament, I mean sanctioned prayer in schools is forbidden by separation of church and state. So tax incentives to companies to deny Constitutional Rights should be eliminated as well, shouldn’t they? I mean it can’t possibly go both ways could it?

Taking it further, we've heard how many times now that ANY reduction in government handouts to Planned Parenthood directly equals an attack on a woman's right to choose... therefore, it stands to reason that any government contract, tax break, or special tax payer funded location betterment/access spending (a fancy term for a signalized intersection, bus stop pullout, or infrastructure connection) associated with Walmart is equally an attack on Americans' 2nd Amendment Rights.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yes, yes it is.

Because if they don't toe the line as ordered/requested, those tax breaks and sweet deals with various and sundry municipalities could go away...

Can't have that...that would effect the bottom line. I wonder what Sam would have thought of this??

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As always this isn't a big deal and people will buy what they need where they can buy it. Time will reveal of this is a good economic move, but something tells me Walmart isn't going away anytime soon. There is too much, too cheap, too conveniently.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Wow.
Walmart is going to be like the old west.

Dodge City 1879:

www.smithsonianmag.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Thank god...

At my personal Walmart, and it could just be mine..

There are groups of 5-6 “black trench coat mafia “ 20 year olds acting like they are on patrol..

These look like the kinda people who got beat up all through school..

Trench coats, unkept hair cuts... just super questionable.

I assume they got picked on in high school and are looking to be hero’s for self validation.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The wonderful thing about capitalism is that someone will step up to fill the void. It actually is an opportunity for someone to open a small mom and pop shop where no other options exist. In Kodiak, an ammo and reloading shop could make a nice second income for one of the licensed guides if one does not already exist.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Sam would have went on a gun rampage when they stopping being all about American made goods. But that is a story for another day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join