It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breixt: Another week of crazy political drama

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
I voted to leave the EU along with the majority of voters in 2016.

I'd like the result to be honored please, I don't give a monkeys chuff what's on the table, off the table or under the table.

Leave means leave.

Lets go.

Yeah, unfortunately the majority of leave voters have working intellect and comprehend they didn't vote for project fear™.
Stick to the simple catch phrases they make for people like yourself, leave means leave, strong and stable, coalition of chaos, drain the swamp.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

Stick to the simple catch phrases they make for people like yourself, leave means leave, strong and stable

I think you'll find ^^^those^^^ phrases were coined by a remainer.
who tried

to pass herself off as a leaver.

drain the swamp.

Wrong country.......

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JPtruther

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: ScepticScot

I have set out exactly why I think their actions amount to treason and despite what you keep stating it's not just because I disagree with their views.

Their "job" is to respect the vote to leave despite their own views. The Sebel Scum, in their party's manifesto, pledged to do that.

It is not for the few to decide the fate of the many.

Besides which we have had no public vote on a no deal brexit.

We voted to leave.
If you feel we must vote on every option for leaving then why is it you are not critical of no-deal being made illegal..? After all, we've not voted on it. Who gave Parliament the mandate to take no deal off the table? Or is your argument that we somehow have to vote for a no deal (in addition to voting to leave) whilst it's ok to not vote on removing the option for no deal?

I don't think we need to vote on every option.

I think in the absence of a vote it's parliaments job to decide.

So, after the general election with a new Conservative govt and an adequate majority, leading up to the next extended date, when the no deal option is back on the table, you'll be supportive.
Good. I look forward to it.

Why would I be supportive of what is a stupid idea?

I'll remind you of what you said:

So, you'll be supportive of Parliament making the decsion down the line that no-deal is ok. Obviously.
cheers.

I support parliaments right to make the decision.

I look forward to reading about your support for that decision when it comes.

Should I assume you mean a no deal brexit?

Since I explicitly stated I wouldn't support that you might have a wait.

Nope. I mean support for Paliament making the decision to put no deal back on the table.
Like I said, when it happens I look foward to your support of Parliament.

You seen to find this a bit difficult.

I support parliaments right to make final decision. Even if I end up not supporting that decision.

Yep, so I look forward to you supporting parliaments right to make the decision to put no deal back on the table - when they do so.

UK Truth Your wasting your time with this guy. It’s just another case of ‘ill support the process of parliament only if it goes in my favour’ much the same as the referendum was wrong so let’s keep voting until we get the right result’

Bingo.
I just wanted to draw the discussion out to make it very memorable when the day comes when he HAS to support parliament on the decision he doesn't like - or look like a complete hypocrite.
Job done.

edit on 7/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Good news.
When the election comes, we don't want traitors hiding and pretending they will deliver what the people voted for.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
We knew it was happening but the Graun has finally reluctantly published a story about remain MPs meeting with EU officials and undermining the UK's position.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
We knew it was happening but the Graun has finally reluctantly published a story about remain MPs meeting with EU officials and undermining the UK's position.

The sounding of EU leaders over an extension has angered Tory Brexiters. The Conservative MP and former cabinet minister David Jones said: “Senior EU figures gave private assurances to British MPs, as a consequence of which they supported the surrender bill. This confirms the level of EU interference in our internal affairs and makes the need for Brexit all the more presing.”

^^^SURRENDER BILL^^^ thats war talk!!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
www.theguardian.com...

We most certainly knew this was happening and it's been happening for a while, long before the latest example of our own MP's helping the EU get the best outcome.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Some of the medicines we will be short of listed here, stock up folks.
Or, science deniers, you know, pray, harder.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JPtruther

I have set out exactly why I think their actions amount to treason and despite what you keep stating it's not just because I disagree with their views.

Their "job" is to respect the vote to leave despite their own views. The Sebel Scum, in their party's manifesto, pledged to do that.

Besides which we have had no public vote on a no deal brexit.

We voted to leave.
If you feel we must vote on every option for leaving then why is it you are not critical of no-deal being made illegal..? After all, we've not voted on it. Who gave Parliament the mandate to take no deal off the table? Or is your argument that we somehow have to vote for a no deal (in addition to voting to leave) whilst it's ok to not vote on removing the option for no deal?

I don't think we need to vote on every option.

So, after the general election with a new Conservative govt and an adequate majority, leading up to the next extended date, when the no deal option is back on the table, you'll be supportive.
Good. I look forward to it.

Why would I be supportive of what is a stupid idea?

I'll remind you of what you said:

So, you'll be supportive of Parliament making the decsion down the line that no-deal is ok. Obviously.
cheers.

I support parliaments right to make the decision.

I look forward to reading about your support for that decision when it comes.

Should I assume you mean a no deal brexit?

Since I explicitly stated I wouldn't support that you might have a wait.

Nope. I mean support for Paliament making the decision to put no deal back on the table.
Like I said, when it happens I look foward to your support of Parliament.

You seen to find this a bit difficult.

I support parliaments right to make final decision. Even if I end up not supporting that decision.

Yep, so I look forward to you supporting parliaments right to make the decision to put no deal back on the table - when they do so.

UK Truth Your wasting your time with this guy. It’s just another case of ‘ill support the process of parliament only if it goes in my favour’ much the same as the referendum was wrong so let’s keep voting until we get the right result’

Bingo.
I just wanted to draw the discussion out to make it very memorable when the day comes when he HAS to support parliament on the decision he doesn't like - or look like a complete hypocrite.
Job done.

Since I have stated repeatedly that I don't support a no deal exit why would that be the case?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
Some of the medicines we will be short of listed here, stock up folks.
Or, science deniers, you know, pray, harder.

Dr David Bull, A Doctor a former conservative MP and now a Brexit MEP.

Dr David Bull wasted no time correcting his fellow panel guest when she began making outlandish claims on Channel 5’s Jeremy Vine show. Ms Myskow said about Brexit: “I’m sick of saying this. It was based on a lie.” Dr Bull, who is now a Brexit Party MEP, defended the Leave campaign, saying “no it wasn’t, it was not”.

However, Ms Myskow ignored his protests and continued ranting.
She said: “It’s based on a lie. People did not know what they were voting for.
Looking amazed at Ms Myskow’s outburst, Dr Bull denounced her statement: “That is not true.”
Even the host, Jeremy Vine, had to step into the heated clash.

Later in that same programme he said that there would be no shortage of

medication, stock piling had been happening, He went on to say if the

manufacturers in the EU would not supply us ......India made and supplied

a third and soon would supply half of the worlds medication.

Do you honestly think those EU suppliers can afford to miss the business we

currently do with them?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

a reply to: firesnake

Being tough, fair, democratic and honest is the best policy, so lets hope that prevails.

Good luck with any of that!

Hmm... I am Guessing it Does not Work , and Boris and Nigel are going to be Forced to Make a " Grave " Decision ........

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Actually not at all. Their job is to do what they think best and be prepared to argue their case at the next election

Besides which we have had no public vote on a no deal brexit. Arguing for a deal is no more or less respecting the public vote than arguing for no deal.

You seem to conveniently forget that at the last election both labour and the lib undems had manifestos promising the electorate that they would honour the leave vote.
That was their "job".

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Actually not at all. Their job is to do what they think best and be prepared to argue their case at the next election

Besides which we have had no public vote on a no deal brexit. Arguing for a deal is no more or less respecting the public vote than arguing for no deal.

You seem to conveniently forget that at the last election both labour and the lib undems had manifestos promising the electorate that they would honour the leave vote.
That was their "job".

Labour manifesto included staying in the single market and customs union.

LibDems manifesto included a second referendum on the deal with staying in EU an option.

Are you 'conveniently forgetting' that?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Maybe.
Please post a link to these manifestos and i may reconsider?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Maybe.
Please post a link to these manifestos and i may reconsider?

labour.org.uk...

www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org...=1571942569608 7&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

Apologies can't get link to work for Libdems one but here is bbc arrticle.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Lib dem one can be downloaded here.

www.libdems.org.uk...

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Im on my phone and cant download their last election manifesto.
Not interested in their current guff.
Can you point me to where they said this in their last actial manifesto?
Di they not promise to honour the leave vote then?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Labour one doesn't require download and bbc article gives main points of lib dem one. No download required.

Both are 2017.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Bbc summary of Labour one as well. You do need to scroll right down.

www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org...=1571943862580 0&_ct=1571944082333&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join