It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Barr Is Not Pressing Charges Against Comey, Yet...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
At first when I heard that Barr was not going to press charges I felt betrayed like many of you have. But then I heard Judge Jeannine argue that what Comey had done with the information he leaked was small stuff, should have been still illegal, but if it was pressed in a court of law in the district of Columbia that Barr's argument would not hold because they are a very Liberal/democrat state. The stuff that really matters is coming next, how Comey, McCabe et al lied to the FISA court and signed documents they presented to the FISA court as if the information had been verified when they never verified it, and Comey himself admitted that it was never verified. Comey, MacCabe can't sneak their way out of this.

These will be the crimes that Comey & MCCabe et alwon't be able to sneak their way out off. Remember that Comey did give information that should have been confidential, but that friend of Comey had a security clearance at the time as well.

Anyway, we will see what happens. I am hoping that judge Jeannine is right.

But we must also remember that Comey and MCCabe didn't come out of this unscathed. Neither one of them will receive a government pension, although they will probably make millions selling their lies in their books. But remember that Nixon didn't spend a day in jail, he was impeached and left the office of the POTUS in disgrace. Comey, McCabe et al all were also fired and left the FBI in disgrace.

edit on 1-9-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Judge Jeannine and others feel the same way. So I'm still hoping for justice.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
One of two things:

1. Something much bigger is coming and Barr is biding his time.
2. They will all walk scotfree because that's how things are done in the good ol' US of A.

Hoping for no. 1, expecting no. 2.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Part of the impression of this situation is created by the overwhelming bias of the MSM. If the views of the MSM were less one-sided, all of the principals would be getting a public roasting that would last for months.

Instead, the vaunted Fourth Estate winks and nods as a tool like Comey pretends that he was unjustly treated.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Not a Damn thing will happen to this gloating ass, arrogant POS.

It's a clear sign to all of us, they are in control.

Nothing short of an armed revolution will bring justice to these folk.

I hoped Trump would drain the swamp enough to at least see some criminal charges.

We get the "Comey Statement" No reasonable prosecutor.

Give me a vicious one then, I don't want a reasonable one.

I want to see these people face justice, I'm not asking a lot.

If Trump doesn't deliver something soon, I'll definitely abstain from voting, just like 2016.

Trump could get my vote this time around, but if his AG does nothing, I'll reciprocate by doing nothing on voting day.

sincerely signed, a plssed off potential voter

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Frankly, I have no hope of his doing the right thing after this:

www.thegatewaypundit.com... suicide-video/

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Failed coups against a head of state have a strong reputation of getting put down. The Russian collusion thing still has some answers and repercussions to go. This is a long term program in the works, it does take time. With Comey getting a get out of jail free card it does bring the question just how deep does it all go?

Hillary Clinton temper tantrum at losing the election is a good starting point. The body count there says she has a lot of support. Public face of strong drug laws, underground rumors of drug trafficking, motivated by profit in raising black market prices and privatized prisons. History of strong connection to human trafficking, snuff movies on winers laptop, associations to pizzagate, Podesta's pedo code in the DNC email leak, dark artistic organizations free of custom inspections. Just how deep does this attack against Trump and the nation go?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Im sorry to say I expect that ZERO is gonna be done to him and this claim of "getting him on something bigger" is just a PR play to keep the masses calm .

I look at it from two angles

One... from hillory, to the accuser of kavanaugh, to this guy (and every liberal, democrat, supporter in between) there has been BEYOND REASONABLE AND UNREASONABLE DOUBT evidence to convict .
With crimes at level that would have you serving YEARS if not decades in the federal grey bar hotel.
but not one indictment, not one prosecution, or even an initial arraignment.

two.... the very concept of someone having credible evidence of a serious crime (yes his keeping and reveling SECRET AND CLASSIFIED MATERIAL) being let go to get him on an even "bigger" crime is BULL QUANO .
there are THOUSANDS of "regular" people in jail on "lesser charges" as they build a case on a greater one.

look they spend MILLIONS of dollars on going after trump on evidence a kangaroo court would laugh at.
they prosecuted a respected veteran (general) to the point he was broke and best outcome was to plead guilty on a charge that NORMALLY would not even go to court.
they roasted a supreme court nominee on the word of a woman who even the people she called as witnesses said it didnt happen.
hell there is a sailor that served on a navy sub that took ONE PICTURE (i admit could be a few more, but that is what i remember off top of my head as number) of a CLASSIFIED area .
didnt show it to ANYONE. Didnt have it on any device (ex server) to be hacked or accessed by anyone. Was up front it was in storage to be ONLY SHOWN when his child was much older so as to see "what daddy did in the navy"
he DIDNT LIE ABOUT IT when found out.
NOW HE IS SERVING A YEAR IN FEDERAL PRISON.
No one (even he) is denying his guilt , hide behind "his intention" nor saying it wasnt illegal.

so given all the evidence of a second set of conditions to decide what to prosecute for those with particular political affiliations, for who is "hated" , who supports what causes , and for who is in a specific group (a topic for another discussion) of what HAS ALREADY HAPPENED OVER LAST JUST 5 YEARS.

why should anyone using logic expect a different outcome now?

sadly it is getting more and more apparent that the rule of law and the constitution is dead.

I hope SOMEONE and GROUP OF PEOPLE grow a set and stop this downward spiral where the only option will be for the people to rise up like the time this country was founded

scrounger

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
One of two things:

2. They will all walk scotfree because that's how things are done in the good ol' US of A.

Same here

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There is no yet.
They cannot charge him with anything.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

One of two things:

Our justice system is a #2.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

should have been still illegal, but if it was pressed in a court of law in the district of Columbia that Barr's argument would not hold because they are a very Liberal/democrat state.

Hint: Being liberal does not mean breaking the law. Or allowing others to break the law.

Dont be absurd.

But obsessing over this is like a right of passage around here.

Lock her up..... you remember that one?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

This is justice. When you find you cannot charge someone that you have investigated that is justice.

It just didn't come out the way you wanted. There is a difference there.
That does not mean justice was not served.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

So William Barr is making his decisions based on what he sees on the news?

You really think that?

The news is what it is. No one is making stuff up or only covering one side.
This is what we got. This is the news.
Its not biased it just is.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

Perhaps this is the right thing.

He cant manufacture evidence against Comey.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

what failed coup.

The drama around here is epic.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

All the attempts at impeachment. Do you remember what has been happening in the media with the muller investigation the past 9-12 months?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I'm convinced that lying and leaking are so prevalent in DC, there's not enough time, money, or prosecutors to prosecute them all.

At this point in time, something absolutely needs to be done about all of the FISA abuse that's been taking place over the decades. The FISA court did their own investigation back in 2016-2017 and came up with a 99 page report of abuses that was published around April 2017. As we know from Congressional testimony, even Mueller was called before the FISA court back when he first started working as the Director for the FBI to hold his department accountable for their abuses. Obviously, nothing got better and only got worse. The ONLY way to finally reign in this abuse is to prosecute. Hopefully, the DOJ recognizes this fact and chooses to use McCabe, Strzok, and Comey as examples.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

One of two things:

Well, I am expecting #1.

Justice for all depends upon it.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Hint: Being liberal does not mean breaking the law. Or allowing others to break the law.

Dont be absurd.

ROTFLMAO... You are talking about the same liberals/democrat representatives whom have decided to not enact immigration laws and are even giving sanctuary to ILLEGALS?... That is breaking the law...

Seriously, sometimes I wonder what's the real iq you people in the left have...

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Lock her up..... you remember that one?

You reaaaally need to make yourself more familiar with the laws in the U.S...

In case you haven't figured it out yet, not only were McCabe and Comey fired from the FBI for their leaks, but there is still a legal argument that these morons broke the law in several ways and were/are corrupt to the core, as such any cases they were involved in can be reviewed "by the new administration's DOJ" and that includes the Hillary emails case...

edit on 1-9-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join