It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most pressing question ever for mankind . Beer or bread which came first .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Beer also increases testosterone for the majority of males. It increases muscle mass because increased testosterone grows muscles. Construction workers tend to go out and have a few after work, think of that. Nobody has to tell people, people just seem to notice that what they consume helps to promote their desired agenda. Many people love the little button mushrooms with their steak, that is because these mushrooms kind of block estrogen production. Estrogen does help to repair tissues though, so some is needed in our bodies. Mushrooms have natural aromatase inhibitors. Men should have a little estrogen cycled into their diet though, we cannot live on just testosterone.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That is interesting. Do you know that saying like "eat what you crave because what you crave is what your body needs"?

But it can be manipulated, that feeling/natural crave:
I bet you know, if someone eats much sugar, the bacteria that feed on the sugar are manipulating you into craving more sugary stuff.

Our stomach and brain is talking to each other and those bacteria take advantage out of it.

I even found some articles just using "sugar bacteria brain".

Scientific american: How gut bacteria tell their hosts what to eat

Maybe this is not the best source but it is a start.
edit on 27-8-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
a reply to: rickymouse

That is interesting. Do you know that saying like "eat what you crave because what you crave is what your body needs"?

But it can be manipulated, that feeling/natural crave:
I bet you know, if someone eats much sugar, the bacteria that feed on the sugar are manipulating you into craving more sugary stuff.

Our stomach and brain is talking to each other and those bacteria take advantage out of it.

I even found some articles just using "sugar bacteria brain".

Scientific american: How gut bacteria tell their hosts what to eat

Maybe this is not the best source but it is a start.

I have read hundreds of articles on what you are talking about. It is true up to a point. Our genetics chooses what microbes we can have in our gut to some point, our immune system is advised by our DNA and some people just do not like sugary stuff, a little is great, but it gets sickening after a while. I am one of those who cannot eat a lot of sweet stuff, I prefer mildly sweet stuff on occasion. I have had reactive hypoglycemia all my life. And I would rather eat proteins any day than eat sweet stuff. Now, some good homemade breads, Yes, I do like good bread. I can eat about four slices a day no problem. I also like potatoes and they are high starch.

The mix of microbes we have in our gut that live symbiotically is limited to those who work well with us. If you cannot drink milk, lactobacilli will not do you anygood when drinking milk. If you have an allergy or have a condition where the milk albunim opens up your small intesting pores it is not going to be helped by lactobacilli. Lactose intolerance is far from the only kind of problems a person can have with milk.

I am kind of disturbed about how much the evidence has been twisted by people who profit from the deception. Not a good thing to be happening. Then people will twist things to fit their beliefs, like if they really like broccoli, they will ignore the bad points Broccoli has in it's chemistry.

The interpretations of evidence sometimes does not match the research. In fact, half the crap out there is not real. Then there come the coverups, I guess these nutrition and health experts do not like admitting they are wrong.

<< 1   >>

join