It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life may have existed on Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

"Here on Earth, we find silica deposition in glaciers which are characteristic of melting water," said Briony Horgan, a professor at Purdue University. "On Mars, we can identify similar silica deposits in younger areas, but we can also see older areas which are similar to deep soils from warm climates on Earth. This leads us to believe that on Mars 3 to 4 billion years ago, we had a general slow trend from warm to cold, with periods of thawing and freezing. If this is so, it is important in the search for possible life on Mars."

Life may have existed on warm, rainy, ancient Mars before winter came

One new study compares patterns on the surface of Mars made by mineral deposits with similar patterns on Earth in a wide variety of environments in locations including the Oregon Cascades, Hawaii and Iceland. The Earth data was compared to Martian mineral data collected by the Curiosity rover and the NASA CRISM spectrometer, which is currently aboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter circling the planet.

By analyzing these patterns, scientists found evidence that Mars had at least one long period of severe rainstorms and flowing surface water which was followed by temperatures that froze this water.

Wet, Frozen Conditions on Ancient Mars Could Have Supported Life

Hot or cold it seems life will always find a way to not only survive but thrive. I think the chances are pretty good that there once was some type of life on Mars. For all we know there could be complex life underground on Mars today.

edit on 25-8-2019 by LookingAtMars because: add pics

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It's just a matter of proving it. The idea that life could have existed (or still does) on Mars is a bit of a no-brainer.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It's just a matter of proving it

It is strange NASA has not tried to prove it since the 1970's with Viking.

Maybe ESA and Russia will be the ones to offer the first proof.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Life did it's where we Humans came from in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
here is another no-brainer.

Mars microbes could spread across the planet via dust particles

A team of international scientists, led by Armando Azua-Bustos, have taken to the Atacama to test how microscopic organisms, such as bacteria and fungi, may have been able to use dust to move across vast distances in the desert. Their research, published in the journal Scientific Reports on Thursday, describes the "very simple experiment" they devised to test how these microbes could survive the harsh conditions, like high levels of ultraviolet radiation and extreme aridity, found in the Atacama.

One contaminated Mars lander could seed the entire planet, it would seem.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

One contaminated Mars lander could seed the entire planet, it would seem.

Works for me. Unless you want to keep Mars for the Martians and all. If you accept or claim that life on Earth came from somewhere else, there's no reason we can't return the favor.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Thank you for posting this, the vid was good 😀 I'm a Mars nut, I'd def do those 140 million miles on a one way ticket!
😍

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Forget the “may” part as it is a proven, and “politely dismissed” by other scientists, when Viking landed (2, and 1 recorded the same readings).

Now, they can’t lie anymore.

And we have a bunch of “lighten the shock” stories to add on and distract you from the fact that life was detected on Mars I n the 1970s.

Actually, we, humans, might really be Martians (but my thought is more radical. We are from outside the Milky Way and are the aliens).

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You can get your name on Mars 2020 mission etched on a chip, my lost loved ones are all on it, silly I know but makes me smile inside that their names made it to another planet ❤️
mars.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMarsI think so too. It was probably a prototype for earth that went wrong. The scar on Mars for one I believe shows planets where very close than they are now through expansion. So maybe they had life and rubbed each other at times. And if Mars had intelligent life at one time they rescued themselves at a point where they knew worlds be collided. Then lived in space for a time and found a home on Earth when the dust settled.

This could also be why the dinosaurs went extinct also.

edit on 25-8-2019 by Vicious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vicious1

Don't leave Venus out!

Mars, Earth and Venus all rubbing each other. Don't think it happened that way. Could of been meteorites or even just solar wind transporting life between the planets though.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There have been papers and studies on viruses and bacteria raining down upon earth from dust particles and comets; billions and billions every day so, if that is the case for earth, you can bet your bippie it is happening throughout the solar system and the universe.

Some claim the worst pandemics mankind has experienced probably came from outer space and I must admit their arguments do carry some weight. Also due to a virus's ability to change an animals genetic make-up it is possible that without their effect we would be a different species or extinct all together.. Interesting discussion whether all true or not. youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Vicious1

Don't leave Venus out!

Mars, Earth and Venus all rubbing each other. Don't think it happened that way. Could of been meteorites or even just solar wind transporting life between the planets though.

You ever research the size of the mars scar?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
There have been papers and studies on viruses and bacteria raining down upon earth from dust particles and comets; billions and billions every day so, if that is the case for earth, you can bet your bippie it is happening throughout the solar system and the universe.

Some claim the worst pandemics mankind has experienced probably came from outer space and I must admit their arguments do carry some weight. Also due to a virus's ability to change an animals genetic make-up it is possible that without their effect we would be a different species or extinct all together.. Interesting discussion whether all true or not. youtu.be...
I seen that recent episode of ancient aliens myself, the transperia aspect does chime with me too. But I think there is more to it though.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Tagged for later reading

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Humans are what they have been made to be and many things are suggestive of this! Darwin's theory is a smoke screen and shallow attempt to veil the truth that science and people like Sir Francis Crick (Fox Gene etc) have eluded to in that our genetic make up does not add up. And possibly indicative of intervention of some form be it deliberate or by accident at some time way back. Natural evolution and big leaps are mutually exclusive.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I have absolutely NO doubt that life existed on mars and rather more complex than bacteria, not directly in the vein of your thread but take a look at this and think carpet bombed city.
www.marsruins.com...
(dust devil's not a chance in hell who do they think they are kidding - themselves)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thanks for the link.

Sure looks city-like to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thing is, if life manages to get a foothold, it will spread everywhere. If you go outside on Earth, even in the most inhospitable places, it'll take about five minutes to find life or its remains. But I've looked at Mars rocks for years, and I think I really only saw what might be a possible sign of something living long ago was this:

Some kind of old lichen stain on a rock, perhaps. But it could easily be an old rust stain from a chunk of meteorite or something. Smashed blueberries.

Other than that, Mars is and probably was dead all along. Now that we've contaminated it, though, maybe something will tough it out and grow there. So we need to check back in a billion years or so.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I understand what you are saying. It could be a whole different world under ground. Kinda like the South Pole. Warm caves under the frozen surface.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join