It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Bob Lazar really discover Element 115?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I am watching "Ancient Aliens: Declassified - New: Alien Evidence & Encounters". The segment starts by mentioning Bob Lazar and his "discovery" of Element 115 which he claims powered the crashed or captured UFOs or alien craft. I Googled Element 115 and found this at Wikipedia, in brackets:

[Claims
In May 1989, Lazar appeared in an interview with investigative reporter George Knapp on Las Vegas TV station KLAS, under the pseudonym "Dennis" and with his face hidden, to discuss his purported employment at "S-4", a subsidiary facility he claimed exists near United States Air Force facility Area 51. He said the facility was adjacent to Papoose Lake, which is located south of the main Area 51 facility at Groom Lake. He claimed the site consisted of concealed aircraft hangars built into a mountainside. Lazar said that his job was to help with the reverse engineering of one of nine flying saucers. Bob claims one of the flying saucers, the one he coined the Sport Model, was manufactured out of a metallic substance similar in appearance and touch to stainless steel. In a subsequent interview that November, Lazar appeared unmasked and under his own name.[3]

Lazar claims that the propulsion of the studied vehicle was fueled by atomic element 115 (moscovium, first synthesized in 2003) or E115. Lazar explained that E115 generates a gravity wave.[4]

In addition, Lazar claims that during his onboarding to the program, he read briefing documents describing the historical involvement with Earth for the past 10,000 years by extraterrestrial beings, Grey aliens. These aliens are from a planet orbiting the twin binary star system Zeta Reticuli.[5][6]

Lazar's story garnered media attention, controversy, and supporters. Lazar cannot support with evidence his core claim of alien technology.[5][6][7][8]

Background
Education and qualifications
Lazar took electronics courses in the late 1970s at Pierce Junior College in Los Angeles.[citation needed]

Lazar claims he earned a master's degree in physics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and a master's degree in electronic technology from California Institute of Technology (CalTech); however, there are no records of Lazar attending either MIT or CalTech.[5] Furthermore, Lazar was not a member of a professional body.[citation needed] Lazar claims that his academic records were erased in an effort by authorities to discredit him.[citation needed]

Legal problems in 1990
In 1990, Lazar was arrested for aiding and abetting a prostitution ring. This was reduced to felony pandering, to which he pleaded guilty.[9][10][11] He was ordered to do 150 hours of community service, stay away from brothels, and undergo psychotherapy.[10][11]

During trial and under oath, Lazar again claimed degrees from MIT and Caltech.

Bankruptcy documents verify that Lazar was self-employed as a film processor.[12]]

I have never accepted claims made or attributed to Lazar. I have never accepted claims made or attributed to crashed or captured "alien craft". Therefore, I cannot accept that Lazar nor anyone reversed engineered anything other than human-made craft, such as MIGs.

The TV show includes the discovery of Element 115 by the Russians and comments made to separate the Russians' efforts and Lazar's claims. When you make a claim it behooves you to provide evidence. So far, Lazar's is lacking. You see the Russians' vast laboratory, does America have an equal Lab which should be manned by just Lazar.

And his Testors/Sports UFO is a ripoff of Eduard "Billy" Meier's "Beamship".

What is your educated opinion.

edit on 25/8/2019 by ArMaP because: added ex tags

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hunkadinka

No.

And no second line really needed.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
No.

Bigelow sacked him for trying to pass foam from a bottle Cleaning emulsifying fluid on the floor as 115.

Third Line.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don’t think Lazar ever claimed to be the person who “discovered” element 115.

He openly admits they were already working with it when he started working at S4.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Lazar supposedly stole element 115. Not discovered it.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
your first mistake was believing theories from ancient aliens. its an entertainment show first and foremost and rarely if ever is anything factual. they take huge leaps while disregarding actual historic facts which torpedo their theories at every turn. still its a fun show to watch and i love getting a laugh from their outlandish theories. my fav part is when an expert gets something quite basic very wrong. for example one of their experts was talking about earths precession but calls it "precessis". im having to guess at the spelling since its not even a word.

lazar just worked with element 115 and while i believe he worked at area 51 ive never felt like hes telling the truth when it comes to the 115 he somehow brought home from one of the most secret facilities on earth at the time. he somehow just falls asleep while working with it and it evaporates away... i just dont buy it.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have always been undecided on the topic of Lazar.
Yet when one says there is an element 115 named Ununpentium (original name , now called Moscovium) before it was discovered ?
That turned me from "fake" to undecided .

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Lazar may well be a soft disclosure agent getting the possibility in the public mind to reduce the shock.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yet when one says there is an element 115 named Ununpentium (original name , now called Moscovium) before it was discovered ?

Discovered?

You mean created, right? Because the fact that it could exist was known long before it was created.

edit on 8/24/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Discovered?

You mean created, right? Because the fact that it could exist was known long before it was created.

Please do explain, Phage.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I have always been undecided on the topic of Lazar.
That turned me from "fake" to undecided .

The emergence of an Element 115 was as inevitable as someone claiming to work on crashed spacecraft - it's just surprising that the latter took over forty years. Shall I start the ball rolling for Element 116? I have a load of it in my garage going cheap. Can anyone prove that I haven't? Waddayamean it's just a "story"? The cheek of it!

A palm-based biometric security pass was also an inevitability - except Lazar forgot that one had already been fictionally introduced 12 years earlier in 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' (1977), a picture of which Jeremy Corbell waved at him last year - to which he reacted with apparent relief that his tale was finally corroborated.

Good comedy value, though, isn't it? Joe Rogan's interview with Jezz and Bob was interesting, Rogan hampered by his personal interviewing technique in which he can't call someone out as a liar if he can't prove that point. And in Lazar's case, all we literally have is a story - not even a particularly complex one, either, but with forty years' worth of honing and perfecting without veering too far from the original account. Can we disprove it? No. Can we prove it? Nah. Can we do ANYTHING with it? Not really.

Occasionally Bob whips out his bonus claim that the craft he worked on was 10,000 years old and discovered at a dig (no names, dates or locations provided, of course)... but not very often; it doesn't wash as well as the regular narrative.

If his goal was to impress his good mate John Lear (who first spoke to Knapp to provide a last-minute interviewee) in the eccentricity stakes, he succeeded magnificently. The brothel arrests needn't have been added to the Woo mix.

edit on 24-8-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hunkadinkait seems to me, as someone who has researched Bobs claims in very great detail, that and this person "PWM" has seen many things that defy description. However, when i questioned John Lear about element115 and did it have a 'use by' date stamped on it, because the island of stability that we have to date is 14 months...well guess what, Mr Lear had a fit of rage, I held that stuff in my very hands, he told me... but still i have no answer, it could very well be that your wonder fuel works,, but pure antimatter to gravity does not work for me...having said that, i believe him, his body language alone does not lie, i have seen images of his original S4 photos and film and have seen one of his ;blobs; it was flying top first in full Delta mode, and this nearly 20 years after that film was made. That and the fact that i know how gravity time and energy relate to each other, i know these things to be true, i think that Bob Lazar is the real deal, and maybe we can learn something from him..if we only stopped criticising him long enough to actually listen to what he has to say...pff i'm out of here, i'm on vacation and not actually here....officially....

edit on 24-8-2019 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2019 by playswithmachines because: When i say i believe him, i mean i believe Bob Lazar, not John Lear, who IMO is full of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Explain that the possibility that element 115 could exist was explored as early as the 1970s?
Or that it was probably first created in the early 2000s?
Or the difference between creating an element and discovering one?

edit on 8/24/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hi Phage, long time no see.. :LOL:..read my last post. What is exactly an island of stability in atomic terms, and how long is that, exactly??
edit on 24-8-2019 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

For element 115 it means that it has a half life of less than 1 second, which means:
1) It's not real stable.
2) It is highly radioactive.

www.thoughtco.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hunkadinka

From my understanding it is dumber than that...

Periodic table wise, each element gets a number based on the number of protons in the element..

Hydrogen has 1. This it is 1
Helium has 2 , thus it is 2..

Well scientists had already discovered up to element 110, it being 110 because it has 110 protons .

Well Lazar comes along and predicts “element 115!”

Lol

That is like me predicting we will build a building 5 floors higher than the previous record...

Of course they will that is the natural progression

On top of that Lazar’s115 looks nothing like the actual 115... properties wise.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

a reply to: KKLOCO
Or that it was probably first created in the early 2000s?

This one. It’s by far the juiciest out of all 3.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If anyone who supposedly handled/worked with a substance of this nature, spoke on it and it lived, I call BS.
Lazar is a Gov fraud. The people that know the truth have never said a word.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Discovered?

I'm partly to blame for using the word discovery even though it was questioned by my use of quote marks. I should have used your better term, "created". Mea culpa.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

a reply to: playswithmachines

For element 115 it means that it has a half life of less than 1 second, which means:
1) It's not real stable.
2) It is highly radioactive.

www.thoughtco.com...

The show included that information so while Ancient Aliens is for the mentally challenged they'll make a mistake now and then and include reliable info. I wanted to quote from the show but this thread would have been too long and twice as boring!

I am not mentally challenged and I watch the show mainly to travel to the exotic locations some of the hosts are lucky to go to. Nice jobs. The more they bs the farther they travel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join