It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible - God Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I see the bible as propoganda, propoganda that makes God out to be the "Good" side. It is no different then Americans thinking they're country is right and so forth. If you are conditioned right, you beleive God to be Good.

Look at it from Satan's veiw, he speaks his mind, boom, he finds himself in an abyss. If Satan had a bible (probably does, but I've never seen one), would he not be made out to look Good, and God to be the evil one?

Who is to say that Satan isn't actually the Good One, with God we live our lives in slavery. With Satan, he lets you live how you want to live. He doesn't make you follow him blindly.

Look at what God has done to humanity in the past, his propoganda just spins it to make it look like he is actually doing good, while he probably gets his smiles from punishing and torturing. He did set up hell remember. And he put alot of thought into it mind you, ("dante's inferno"), while heaven, is just heaven, float around on clouds. But hell is a dungeon of torture.

The propoganda also is used just to scare you into beleiving, notice how there is not much about what is rewarded in heaven? A few lines, here and there, but no actual detail. But hell, there is alot of detail and things that are used to scare you into choosing God's side.

God is just thought to be Good, because of his propoganda, he has cornered the market so to say. He monopolized religion. He has killed many INNOCENT people, tower of babel? BOOM. Obviously he isn't good, he told them to spread out and take the globe. Since they didn't, they die. If he is the almighty why didn't he just warp groups of people to other sides of the globe? No, he has to kill them.

He killed people for what? Not walking in 1 direction for a couple miles? Kind of disturbing is it not?

Would Satan mind if you started digging towards him? I doubt it. He'd welcome you no doubt. Who is to say it is hell?

Look at the US, making it out to seem like Syria is a terrorist haven, hell basically. It is the same thing. You beleive it is, only because you were told....told by someone who has never spoken to God, never seen God. He reads a book and talks about it. The Media is the bible of now.

Anyways, getting off topic, so I'll stop.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
which one of the ten commandments offends you most? For that matter which one of the teachings of Jesus has had the most negative impact on society. From where i am sitting it looks like the Bible is "propaganda" to help humans live a fruitful social life.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The message in the bible is good, although God is not, and what has happened because of the bible? No one remembers the Crusades? People seperating themselves, thinking they are better then others. There are alot of people on here that think that way.

Put it into todays world, 9/11, Usama killed nearly 10,000, and is hunted. God has killed millions and millions, yet is still praised. Heh...praised out of fear.

The ten commandments, some are a little off. But those are morals that should be passed down through generations. The bible / religion has destroyed more things then it has helped create. Wars faught, discrimination, hate, 1 person kills in the name of Marilyn Manson and he becomes the anti-christ, yet millions would kill for God, and he is still praised. I dont get it.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So God gets blamed for what man does in his name? If someone says the dog told him to kill to use Son of Sam as an example does that make the dog guilty of the crimes?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yes it is propaganda, but unlike what most of us percieve as propaganda, the bible does not promote a cause with the absense of fact. People have raised many doubts abotu the Bibles origins, but they have not been able to disprove the message it brings

In order to find information on satan you have to refer to anceint pagen cults that encouraged infant sacrifice, or refer to it in the bible. Satan may appear to be winning in the physical world, but he has lost the battle in the spiritual one.

And to think God killed inocent people just speaks volumes of your ignorance of what God really is.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Technically it does, does it not? But if you use that analogy, then you could say that God is nothing but a warped mind, a figment of mass imagination.

But look at the bible, and look was God himself has done.

the Bible is "propaganda" to help humans live a fruitful social life.

But like I said, Wars, Hate, Discrimination.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Personally, God does not exist.

the bible does not promote a cause with the absense of fact

So your saying the bible is 100% factual.
That is laughable.

I am ignorant for interpreting the bible in my own ways? Look at what God has done, to millions of people. Yet is praised. Explain that to me.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by e 2 e k 1 a 7]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I will, really simply so you can understand: God is love, God is just

Was it okay for the US to drop the Nuke.. twice? Probly not, but it did stop the war without huge casulties on both sides. In that way it is just.

For cities like Jericho, Soddom and Gammora, they were unrepentant sinners and deserved thier punishment according to Gods own law. And if you think God does not exist what is your problem with a book full of Fiction then? it was truely a work of fiction it would have best lost in time as it losts it's popularity

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The book itself will never be lost, because it is nothing more then a scientific paper from along time ago on how and why things exist. Humanity hasn't been able to answer why the universe exists yet, therefore the theory that there is a god is still strong. That is why it hasn't been lost yet. And also, people are scared we are not some special little creation, we are selfish in a way, thinking we have a God watching over us. We are scared that when we die, that is it. We cant stand the thought of just dieing, and being gone. Religion is just a shred of hope.

Simple enough for me to understand? Dont even try to turn this into a intelectual battle. I may not have the best grammar and spelling. But that hardly makes me dumb. Trust me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Father showed up at my house, havent seen him inawhile...I forget where this post is going. =)

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Propaganda? If you wish to believe this you can. However, let me point out a few things: yes, Satan lets you do whatever you want, but that doesn't make whatever you are doing that made you turn to Satan as a god right. You also talk of "blindly" following God.

You are one of the few who think it is right to blame all of humanity's flaws on God. Do you really believe yourself to be perfect. When God destroyed cities, who gave the command? Hmm... that is weird... it seems that HUMANS gave the command. Humans will twist anything to get their way.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic1
which one of the ten commandments offends you most?

Definately the first one. At least if it is the one that says that no one shall worship any other god's but the one referred to in the commandments.

How selfish! Who wrote that anyway? Who is the author of the Bible?

Don't you guys consider the possibility that "God" and "Satin" are just concepts, not otherworldly beings who are dictating to everyone, and fighting each other, etc...? And why is it assumed that not only are they personified, but that they are men?

There is a lot of energy, in many forms in our atmosphere. Some negative, some positive. Is it possible that people feel the conflicting pulls of the negative and positive, and sort of humanize them in a way that they can understand. As entities that can be worshipped or scared to death of?

Just throwing out some things to be questioned. After all, I follow no organized religion, but who am I to say for sure whether or not God and Satin exist, just as many people believe. I've never met either one of them. How do I know if they exist for sure or not? How does anybody? What has happened to open mindedness?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by e 2 e k 1 a 7
Look at what God has done to humanity in the past, his propoganda just spins it to make it look like he is actually doing good, while he probably gets his smiles from punishing and torturing. He did set up hell remember. And he put alot of thought into it mind you, ("dante's inferno"), while heaven, is just heaven, float around on clouds. But hell is a dungeon of torture.

The propoganda also is used just to scare you into beleiving, notice how there is not much about what is rewarded in heaven? A few lines, here and there, but no actual detail. But hell, there is alot of detail and things that are used to scare you into choosing God's side.

I would give you applause if I could. But I definately admire the fact that you are at least questioning what so many just believe in blind faith. I'm not anti-Bible, but I don't understand why so many people just think that it is 100% true, and they should live their lives by it, never believing in themselves enough to say, "wait a minute, I don't want to do this!" Why should I just because the Bible tells me to?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the Bible not merely a book that was put together a very, very long time ago, by a multitude of different people, most of whom probably were never even born until way after Jesus died?

I don't know, the whole thing just amazes me. No wonder God is so close to Bush. If the bible is indeed correct, well then that explains why they think so much alike!

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
For cities like Jericho, Soddom and Gammora, they were unrepentant sinners and deserved thier punishment according to Gods own law.

Excuse me, but what exactly makes a person an "unrepentant sinner"? How do you know that each and every person who perished in those areas you refer to are unrepentant sinners?

What exactly is an unrepentant sinner? How do you know that your not one yourself? I'm not saying that you are, just how do you know that they were and you're not.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Interesting view you have. That may be the truth but i do not believe that.

Also as muslim i do not think satan is evil at all. He has his own purpose in allah's creation.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Um...let's see...

Just because something is fiction doesn't mean that it will be lost in time. Shakespeare's plays could be considered fiction. So can the religious texts of other cultures by your logic Jehosephat. My bad, but that was a ridiculous statement.

And last time I checked, Angelic, God was the big dog who does everything. How can people tell God to destroy a city? Maybe we should tell God to destroy all the "terrorists."
But then I'd guess you'd have a vacancy in the White House.

I don't know about the propaganda thing, but I don't believe the Bible is 100% factual. I DO recall, as a former Baptist, hearing a more thorough description of hell than heaven. All I remember hearing about heaven was the golden streets, the pearly gates, being with God and angels 24/7, and singing all day. I have heard a whole lot more about hell though...

What does it mean? Who knows. I believe in a higher power, but I don't believe in blinding following the teachings of a religion based on controlling people.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
One more thing...

Though the Ten Commandments have some good things in them, they are not necessarily divine. They're just another example of religious people maintaining that God gave them the laws they push on the people. Anyone familiar with the Stele of Hammurabi? Strange that the TC story is strikingly similar...

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The Bible, in the beginning, without witness, speaks of a Garden. Eden. Where man and woman were formed of Gods will. With no needs, no pains, and no injury. Knowledge, and the desire to go beyond God, was the lesson of God in creating shame. Did God create shame? How is it that Eve and Adam went from eternal bliss to shame and pain? The question to ponder. Why not did God forgive them at that point rather then setting destiny for all at the moment on the shoulder of a single action.

So Im making an assumption that universal concepts in balance of the universe took shape despite Gods plan. Be it the Devil, or Be it things unseen, we have become, what God had not wanted. In fact, God had to send his only son to correct the issues.

So.....Is it the Bible? Or are the Laws of the Universe that we are really being told to obey. The more man uses his knowledge, the more that salvation gets clouded with mans arrogance and inability to respect the devine intent.
The Bible tells man not to Kill, and tells man to Love. Is that so wrong?
Propoganda it is. Propoganda for the better it shall be.

Peace

[edit on 22-4-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Good grief E2ek1as7,

I think you have had to much public schooling and peer group persuasion.

God doesnt exist. Good grief do you even think about what you are saying ??? The entire context of your thread??? You and others. Try thinking some time.

If God does not exist..why are you spending such a large amout of time to demonstrate something that is non existant. Your entire posting doesnt make good nonsense. By your very actions...you demonstrate something exists by wasting time to debunk it. To prove something doesnt exist must have a starting point in existance. I have made this same point with so many who've had to much public schooling. I can have alot of fun with your type if I so choose E2ek1a7. Try some serious thinking some time..not your standard default settings.
Also suggest strongly that you learn some real history ..not self justification.
One of the messages of the Bible..is Soverignty of God. The word Soverignty is ancient and implys authority. If this were not so...it would not be recorded in history that so many imitated this knowlege by being called themselves ...in the flesh...kings and such ...as "Lord...Soverign..Liege.. or your Grace". These are all imitations of Gods system of Soverignty. Counterfits....you should know this and the history that can be traced unto today in events happening . This is the very connection you tend to blame on God in your ignorance. It helps if you know some real history and what it implys rather than self justification.
Oh ..before I forget..I have read a Satanic bible...or more like a Luciferian bible..have one on my book shelf. A good one is very difficult to find..unlike a King James Bible. I wonder why???
STrongly suggest you do some thinking..outside your emotional default settings.

Thanks Orangetom

top topics

join