It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State doesn't let mom make medical decision for daughter with cancer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

There are plenty of people that fully trust doctors 100% and their kids die too.

Yes, not all disease is curable which is hardly a doctors fault. I'm not sure how that excuses ignoring doctors in favor of the CBD insanity when a child's life may be on the line. CBD is important for kids with seizures, but it's not a cancer cure, just because there are a few anecdotal stories making the rounds that may or may not be true.

I'll give a perfect and personal example. My FIL died from complication of a flu vaccine. It is very rare and I am not an anti-vaxxer or against the medical establishment.

When my kids were little I refused to let them get it. Doctors actually called me silly for not getting them flu shots. I refused to be persuaded. LOW and behold some 10-15 years later research has now found that there might be a genetic predisposition. Doctors now totally agree with me, my kids should NOT get the flu shot. Isn't that amazing? That is a very very short time frame when you think about it.

What does a flu shot have to do with refusing real medical care for a dying child?

I suspect the mother is herself irrationally afraid of surgery and doctors and has passed her unfounded paranoia on to her daughter. The mother is likely not competent to decide for her daughter due to her own paranoia. I'm all for parental rights up to the point a child's life is put at risk.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: JAGStorm

Where do we get to draw the line?
Faith healers?
Holistic medicine?

The kids probably going to die and chemo was the best chance to beat the cancer.

Even China outlawed folk medicine, which is what we are talking about here. Pre Western medicine in China the life expectancy was dismal. China became a huge test and their life expectancy shot right up to match the West almost overnight. Folk medicine had to go underground in China.

I know two people who would not go to doctors out of fear and they thought that doctors were out to kill them. Oddly one is now a drug addict. The other ended up almost bleeding to death due to ingesting hydrogen peroxide at the direction of a fake doctor he was using and then had a heart attack and later a stroke. After his heart attack he went to a nut in California instead of a doctor, the same nut that told him to take hydrogen peroxide every day. After the stroke, real doctors saved him and he finally let them help him. He's doing well now that he's seeing real doctors.

Folk medicine is dangerous.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

What does a flu shot have to do with refusing real medical care for a dying child?

My fil died from a rare reaction to the flu shot. People in the family have a genetic predisposition to it. This is well known now. 10-15 years ago I was called silly and didn't know what I was talking about. It shows sometimes parents do have the best interest of their child before doctors do. There is a chance, although unlikely (not rare like normal non predisposition people though) that my kids could have the exact same reaction to the flu shot. Due to their above average chance of a reaction, they do not get it. That is my choice. I can't imagine if I was not given that choice.

I am not against the flu shot for anyone else, I think if people can get it they should. What does it have to do with this story, you better believe pretty soon it won't be a choice the way things are heading.

I suspect the mother is herself irrationally afraid of surgery and doctors and has passed her unfounded paranoia on to her daughter. The mother is likely not competent to decide for her daughter due to her own paranoia. I'm all for parental rights up to the point a child's life is put at risk.

Normally I would think this too. What makes me think differently in this case is that the child WAS on chemo. That doesn't sound like a mom irrationally afraid of surgery and medical procedures. The mom saw her daughter pain and slowly dying on "medical care". What would you do?
edit on 20-8-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I'd put my money on the real medical community and pray.

Sadly not all cancer can be cured and an entire industry has popped up to clean out the wallets of suffering people and their families. Behind all these so called cures are predators waiting to take advantage of people with woowoo cures. I suppose that's a bit different topic though.

CBD though is a different thing, but the claim that it will cure most anything is absurd.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The medical industry is trying to seize power in this country, it is the fastest growing industry in America, they will sacrifice lots of people before people wake up and see it is a for profit industry.

Amen to this!

I am not against the medical community, it actually saved my life. However I am all for choice.
I find it interesting that some of the same people that are for "less government" are all for more medical intrusion!

Yes a child might die.. If people are SO very concerned about this child, let me tell them something. There are tens of thousands of veterans that are dying and all they want is medical care. Where's the state help for them? There are homeless people that need immediate medical care? Where is there help?

The other HUGE question. If the state does this surgery on the child against the moms wishes WHO PAYS??

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

About ten to fifteen people can get cytokine storms from the flu vaccine, which can result in them dying

Hang on ten to fifteen people, in what a year, a decade, out of 100, or out of a million?

A nice double blinded peer reviewed article to back up your claims would be just lovely.
edit on 20-8-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If this were about the patient's best interests, then the decision would have been based upon the child's -- gasp! -- actual condition.

The mother has claimed that the CBD oil and alternative treatments were helping her daughter, and had reduced the size of the tumor. Is this true or not? Not one of the three articles I read could (or would) say.

Instead I read weasel words intending to justify authoritarianism under the guise of healthcare.

And despite all the handwringing and trash talk about the mom, there are in fact and in deed clinical studies -- both in vitro and in vivo -- which prove the efficacy of cbd and other cannabinoids in treating cancer. It is also known that our immune systems NEED cannabinoids -- specifically CBD (cannabidiol) to function properly. Our bodies literally need cannabinoids and we have specific receptors for cannabinoids, which stimulate and activate essential immune functions.

This is a crime against humanity. Literally. And it's absolutely despicable and unconscionable.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
shocking

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

This is a crime against humanity. Literally. And it's absolutely despicable and unconscionable.

This is one of those times I wish I could give more than one star!

You get it, you totally get it. Thank you! This really isn't about that girl, or the mom.
This is about choice and truth.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I'd put my money on the real medical community and pray.

Sadly not all cancer can be cured and an entire industry has popped up to clean out the wallets of suffering people and their families. Behind all these so called cures are predators waiting to take advantage of people with woowoo cures. I suppose that's a bit different topic though.

CBD though is a different thing, but the claim that it will cure most anything is absurd.

The exact same things could be said about the medical community and big pharma...btw. I worked for big pharma for a decade.

especially this:

to clean out the wallets of suffering people and their families

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
trump supporters will be celebrating, with the defunding of Planned Parenthood preventing early detections of cancers and now these decisions it really puts women where they want them.
Well done America, you look more like the isis idea of what a country should look like everyday.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I won't argue that, but I will argue that CBD is not a cure for liver cancer.

Big pharma is no doubt infested with predators, but even so, the drugs they produce help many and save a lot of lives. I think that's different than people who are not qualified selling snake oil to people who are dying to line their pockets. Big pharma's products are real, just insanely overpriced.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Who did the studies and where are they published? I'm open minded.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Who did the studies and where are they published? I'm open minded.

You can start here: Autism and Cancer and Viruses and Endocannabinoids... oh my!

I wrote the above (and did the research for it) just about four years ago. I would hope that further research has been done, but I'm not in a position to go looking right now.

But there are plenty of links there to get you started and pointed in the right direction.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Asks for a published study for evidence.....

Links to his own ATS post

Standards are slipping

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You get it, you totally get it. Thank you! This really isn't about that girl, or the mom.

I have to choose my words carefully here so I don't violate T&Cs... so I will only say that I totally empathize with this girl and her mother, and I honestly don't think I would be here if not for cannabis and cannabinoids.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Asks for a published study for evidence.....

Links to his own ATS post

Standards are slipping

Because the research (and links provided) I've already done aren't good enough? Did you even look at the post? Did you read any of the links provided?

Standards are slipping indeed when folks would rather just talk trash about the poster than actually do a little due diligence with research already posted.

Deny ignorance. If you can prove it wrong, do it. Otherwise it's just trash talk.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Unless you can prove that CBDcould cure this girls cancer then it doesn’t really matter what links are in that post.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Unless you can prove that CBS could cure this girls cancer then it doesn’t really matter what links are in that post.

Can you prove that surgery or chemo can cure this girls cancer?

Not sure how old you are. I'm old enough to have known enough people that have died from cancer. 100% did chemo. I also know two people that have refused (one being told she had a very slim chance of survival), they are both very much alive. Not saying that chemo doesn't save, or natural doesn't kill, but it happens regardless of links or studies.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This entire thread makes me fume. So much arrogant ignorance.

The girl is dying. Chemo makes her worse. CBD makes her life better... but the leftists all rally, make her worse make her worse it's da law.

Ignorance.

And CBD is a studied and peer reviewed thing, that has been shown to kill cancer cells, read the American center for cancer research.. not just woo woo, but that's none of my business.

www.cancer.gov...

Girl must suffer. She shant break de law.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join