It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid warning: Space rock comparable to dinosaur killer is heading Earth’s way

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 57ORM1IV

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: 57ORM1IV

I'm not going to read tabloids that are prone to exaggeration and embellishment.

They have a new asteroid threat each week.. far as I’m aware it’s 2036 we are due a ELE, I’m just curious to know bucket lists

The Asteroid that missed us on Sat August 3rd made a U-Turn and is going to try again.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

So you're save... It's all about camouflage great bush mate

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Think I'll paint a target on the roof of my house. Maybe I'll do one on my truck too, see how good it is with a moving target if it comes while I'm at the store.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'm not going to read tabloids that are prone to exaggeration and embellishment.

Haven't you heard, MSM has been leaving tabloids in the dust these days.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

If we were really gonna get smashed by a huge asteroid and end humanity. I'd probably find a great spot with a great view, I'd buy plenty of beer and have a front-row seat to the world ending. What else are we to do?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well this is a dangerous one, its been a lot closer before, May 1990 it approached to 0.1418 AU. But we have time to prepare, It will make a close approach to Earth on 6 June 2027 at 0.0308 AU. Then again on 5 June 2058 at 0.0231 AU. Eventually it'll clobber us. Scary

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnyhallows5211

That's about 2.79 Million miles away right? Just wondering if my calculation is right.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They have a new asteroid threat each week.. far as I’m aware it’s 2036 we are due a ELE, I’m just curious to know bucket lists

The Asteroid that missed us on Sat August 3rd made a U-Turn and is going to try again.

Lol 2nd time lucky! Get those helmets on chaps!

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

The Express

A MASSIVE asteroid comparable to the massive space rock which brought the dinosaurs’ reign on Earth to an end is hurtling towards Earth, and scientists have confirmed it is “potentially hazardous”.

This is the kind of thing I like Phage to weigh in on. (I sometimes find his posts a bit snippy & condescending, but I'm willing to overlook that in this case, lol. Love ya, Phage-- you iconic sky man, you!)

Le Phage doesn't seem as active lately
maybe I'm just reading the wrong threads

its the asteroid you DON'T see that gets you.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Sounds like a plan!

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Dont be scared

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

If you go on the near Earth object site, they detect one or more Earth crossers a month. Most are small, but some are big enough to worry about. If one 5 miles in diameter hits us, it will be a very bad day on Earth. Comets are even more dangerous, the ones on parabolic orbits have extremely high velocities. Imagine something 23 miles across hitting the Earth at 140,000 miles an hour and you get the picture. Hale Bopp was about that size and it if had hit Earth it would have ended the human race. There was a comet some years ago, Hayakutake, that did come close to earth and was only discovered a few weeks before it passed. It was the closest pass of a comet to Earth in 200 years.

When you consider the meteor that exploded over Russia a couple years ago was roughly the size and mass of the Eiffel tower and did THIS its pretty scary.

edit on 18-8-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
At least it'll keep the planet from warming if it wipes us out.

Actually, nevermind, history dictates that's pretty unlikely.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
no wonder why they're not fixing the grid which left as is,
conveniently results in 90% Americans dead within months of a solar cme strike!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

conveniently results in 90% Americans dead within months of a solar cme strike!

According to whom?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join