It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butterflies and various illnesses they signify

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
My daughter tells me that there are kids collecting different color butterflies for differnet disorders. You get a blue one for being anerexic, purple for bolemic, black for a cutter/ self mutulation and so on. The object for these kids is to collect as many color butterflies as possible. Does anyone know anything about such?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Never heard of it before...
Very strange someone would want to collect all different colours, if it is true. Let's be sicker and sicker!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I would have thought this was just another urban legend but I actually saw a programme about it today. They interviewed a woman (NOT a teenager) and she had all these little anorexic trinkets on and even had a book of pro-Anna rules, including how to fool your doctor.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Not just butterflies, also charms of all kinds and even specially made bracelets. I guess it's a sort of secret club for adolescent girls who don't think they're pretty enough.

It's a real shame the way our society (most societies) twist the concept of beauty into an unrealizable state of perfection. Jamaican women can't get fat enough, European women can't get slim enough, American women can't get tan enough.

If it's not rings around the neck it's stingray spines through the genitals, if it's not bound feet, it's short hair, or too much hair, or the wrong color hair.

Human insecurity is monumental. The games people play, the false morality, the completely aritificial and seemingly arbitrary standard of beauty. There are so many young people who get depressed and anxious because they unconciously think they're never going to find a mate. Sigh..probably nothing that can be done about that. It's part of our hardwiring.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Reaganwasour wrote me a U2U and since I haven't got enough postings to date I wasn't able to respond by U2U, I believe I need at least 20 posts before I can respond, so I will answer his question in this post. He asked what Pro-Ana meant? Pro-Ana means FOR the lifestyle of anorexia. America is a truly unusual country where people believe in total freedoms where even mental illnesses could be forwarded as alternate lifestyles of choice. Having suffered from anorexia as a teen I can say it was never a choice for me it was a damaging and disgusting lifestyle I forced myself into.

I was totally horrified to find websites that were promoting and supporting this mental disease as a lifestyle choice. One actually encouraged surreptitiously that kids under 18 make the decision whether they want to adhere to the law that states that material promoting this lifestyle should not be accessed by kids under 18. They even have pictures of "success stories" Kervorkian went to prison for aiding people to commit suicide why aren't these people in prison?

"Disclaimer:
(first-time visitors, please read)

This is a pro-ana website. That means this is a place where anorexia is regarded as a lifestyle and a choice, not an illness or disorder. There are no victims here.

If you regard anorexia exclusively as a disease, see yourself as the "victim" of an "eating disorder" in need of "recovery", or are seeking "recovery," it is strongly suggested that you leave this site immediately. IF you choose to ignore this warning, you WILL be triggered by the content of this site. I REFUSE to be held responsible for YOUR decisions since I am not able to make YOUR judgment calls for you.

If you are under the age of 18, current laws in your geographical region may require you to obtain parental consent to view the contents of this website. You and you alone -- not me -- are responsible for determining if such laws exist and whether you obey them."

www.plagueangel.net...

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
SIDE NOTE, You should be able to respond to a u2u at any time, new member or not, few posts or not.....

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
edsinger: I am informed that I need at least 20 posts before I can respond or send any U2Us ... I am not sure if this is a new rule to prevent spammers? But in essence I do think its a good rule.

Regarding this topic I have started a thread discussing whether Anorexia should be considered a lifestyle choice or a disease? if its a lifestyle choice it would obviously have to be removed from the DSM IV like homosexuality has been.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow, that site is unbelievable. Click on the ritual part and you see where (who) all this stuff comes from.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
Wow, that site is unbelievable. Click on the ritual part and you see where (who) all this stuff comes from.

Well I guess I can say I am not surprised,

Summoning of Anamadim.....

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If they can hunt down pedophile why not these vermin

new topics

top topics

join