It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Gere boards migrant ship stuck in the Mediterranean

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: RAY1990

It's what humans do. Without electricity they cut trees to cook and stuff, without entertainment they #.
Do human standards somehow not apply to Africans? Now that is really racist.

Implying that Africans have no electricity or methods of cooking food other than primitive is kinda racist.

As you were.
edit on 10-8-2019 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Then they should dock elsewhere.

It would be inhumane to take them back to Libya without learning their circumstances. They have a right to seek asylum. Tricky situation though since they've technically not entered the jurisdiction of another nation.

Also with a crime such as human trafficking shouldn't this man be in a jail cell waiting for his court date? Or are we just talking accusations with littl to no merit?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Really? I actually looked that up and turns out you just declared 600 million people don't exist or don't count somehow... That's 80% poof gone because you say so?
edit on 10-8-2019 by Peeple because: Correction

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Gere: "This isn't the ship to Epstein's island?"
Ooops.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Gere: "This isn't the ship to Epstein's island?"
Ooops.

Haha good one lol

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
Does it really matter what they’re called in the context of saving lives in immediate danger?

No, but I think it makes a difference when people present them as being fake refugees. They are not, they are migrants.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I dont think they are refugees at all, I was trying to make the point that even if you are a deluded bleeding heart who uses they argument that they are refugees then they are scummy people for leaving their female kin behind

Well, you may "kNOwSTuff", but it looks like you know very little about migration, as that's how people usually do it: the man goes to a different country to try to get money, and when he gets enough money to get a house and good living conditions then he brings his wife and kids (if any).

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

I dont think they are refugees at all, I was trying to make the point that even if you are a deluded bleeding heart who uses they argument that they are refugees then they are scummy people for leaving their female kin behind

Well, you may "kNOwSTuff", but it looks like you know very little about migration, as that's how people usually do it: the man goes to a different country to try to get money, and when he gets enough money to get a house and good living conditions then he brings his wife and kids (if any).

Thats not how its being spun in the media.
If these NGOs and the MSM are to be believed these migrants are indeed refugees who are fleeing certain death in their countries of origin.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Then they should dock elsewhere.

It would be inhumane to take them back to Libya without learning their circumstances. They have a right to seek asylum. Tricky situation though since they've technically not entered the jurisdiction of another nation.

Also with a crime such as human trafficking shouldn't this man be in a jail cell waiting for his court date? Or are we just talking accusations with littl to no merit?

I'm sure Salvini has information that the NGOs are human-trafficking for him to be so confident with his very loud and very public accusations. You'd think if he didn't have some kind of evidence that he'd be in court by now being sued to ruination for slander/libel. The fact he isn't, speaks volumes.

The NGO still haven't said why nearby countries such as Mauritius are unsuitable for the 'refugees'. It's a reasonable question to ask. It's not a difficult question to answer - unless they really are human-trafficking, in which case it IS a difficult question to answer.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Then blame the media organisations that do it and stop following them.

The two sources in the opening post clearly say "migrant ship"

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

haha Epic comment.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
I'm sure Salvini has information that the NGOs are human-trafficking for him to be so confident with his very loud and very public accusations. You'd think if he didn't have some kind of evidence that he'd be in court by now being sued to ruination for slander/libel. The fact he isn't, speaks volumes.

The opposite also applies, if Salvini is so sure he should present charges against the NGOs, he is in a perfect position to do it. Has he done it?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Many of these migrants on Open Arms don't seem like they are actually fleeing from a war zone. I would had understand Syrians, but many of these aren't Libyan Africans. Libya in general doesn't have a large population of Africans. As for Salvini has information that the NGOs are human-trafficking.

On twitter there are number of Italian users reporting how even some Libyan Fisher boats are actually delivering the migrants directly to the boats and had being filmed of course the difference is that these NGOs and crew don't believe that such evidence would matter in courts because Italy right now.

Has a leftist judiciary system. The same justice system which forgives thieves and does not punish heavily. The Italian justice system is somewhat broken.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

He tried to do that with Rackete(?) that didn't work. Since that they've changed the law and the next captain forcefully entering an Italian port will face severe consequences.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Then blame the media organisations that do it and stop following them.

The two sources in the opening post clearly say "migrant ship"

Its interesting how they have flipped the narrative, a few years ago it would have been a vessel engaged in a daring rescue mission to save a bunch of down trodden refugees.
If they are migrants now why arent they following the usual and legal migration procedures?
When they land they will be claiming asylum which is only possible if you are a refugee fleeing persecution, Ive not heard of "migrants" claiming asylum?

Im not sure exactly what were debating/arguing here?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

The opposite also applies, if Salvini is so sure he should present charges against the NGOs, he is in a perfect position to do it. Has he done it?

Perhaps he's investigating and acquiring proper evidence before wading in with only verbal accusations.

Perhaps he's already got hard evidence and has already started legal proceedings, the MSM are hardly going to broadcast it are they? They despise him and don't want him to appear to be telling the Truth. They only reported his accusations in the first place because they thought it would paint him as an irrational lunatic.

MSM only report what they want us to know, and it's usually lies.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Does it really matter what they’re called in the context of saving lives in immediate danger?

No, but I think it makes a difference when people present them as being fake refugees. They are not, they are migrants.

I don’t personally care what they are labelled. They’re may well be as many reasons for their journey as there are people in the boat. What’s important is that we prevent their deaths if possible.

Take them to their destination or take them back to their departure point - that’s an argument for people who have first hand info, not us on our conspiracy gossip website with intel that’s barely rumours of rumours.

edit on 10-8-2019 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Its interesting how they have flipped the narrative, a few years ago it would have been a vessel engaged in a daring rescue mission to save a bunch of down trodden refugees.

A few years ago, most people trying to enter Europe were refugees, from Syria.
At the same time there were also some migrants from Africa, but in a much smaller scale (in total Europe received around 1 million Syrian refugees).

If they are migrants now why arent they following the usual and legal migration procedures?

For the same reasons they didn't do it before, they fear they will be sent back, so they try to enter Europe illegally.

When they land they will be claiming asylum which is only possible if you are a refugee fleeing persecution, Ive not heard of "migrants" claiming asylum?

They can claim whatever they want, they need to prove they are refugees to get asylum. Also, if they get refugee status they are not allowed to get a job in the same way they would if they were considered migrants, refugees have limitations in the access to the work market.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I don’t personally care what they are labelled.

I care, as it shows more about the person doing the labelling than about them.
edit on 10/8/2019 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If he could get there, Why cant he get them to land,
Instead of him seeking self attention

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join