It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are the Bolts and Nuts MechanicsofWhy the Sun Looks like a Welders Arc Nowadays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Naw, now that I think about it, I don't really care so much about that , exactly.!

Why this large of a paradigm change so evident.......in MY sky. Why aren't the masses revolting? Hehe

Too haughty of me....huh....but back when

In the olden days, when you peeked up there at that forbidden to look at sun, I swears tu yas.....I swears, ..the sun was butter yellow.

One could easily look at it steady for a full half second, easily. MMM...and try that now....NO don't...hehe

It's no laughing matter really huh....Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have a welder going at it in our overhead.....on a construction site, I'd have a protective curtain put up idk....

Serious stuff these days , huh!!
edit on 5-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 5-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You can still look directly at the sun without protection for much longer then a second.
Just do it at sunset or sunrise, not at noon

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sun changes colour all the time due to atmospheric lensing. Redder when it’s rising and setting.

So the world was bathed in yellow light in your time? Here silly me thought everything was black and white when you were roaming around. :p

a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I also recall the Sun being "butter yellow" when I was young. It seems very white now. Is the Sun changing, or do we see it differently when we age?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think it could be related the all the air pollution. I remember it being yellow too.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Could it be depletion of ozone ?

"Every day, the FAA's Air Traffic Organization (ATO) provides service to more than 44,000 flights and 2.7 million airline passengers across more than 29 million square miles of airspace".

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Awhh man, how did you know.....back then ya turn on your tv and walk away for a good two minutes. Fill a cars tank with $1.75 pocket change....

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Is there a point to this?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I remember reading online one time that the spectrum of the Sun changed... iirc, it was around the year 1970. It has been discussed on this site before. If you search the Internet, nothing really shows up now.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Maybe because the sun a giant, nuclear bomb, and arcs are the strongest shape in the universe. Strong enough to knock out 2/3 of Heaven army with it tail.
edit on 5-8-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

Seen it yellow, orange, maybe white, an definitely seen it red a few times.
edit on 5-8-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't ever remember the sun being yellow at any point in my childhood. I DO remember being pretty ticked off as a kid that the blue-white eggshell hue I drew it in never showed up good on anything I drew it on, with the exception of black construction paper.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
And keep in mind everyone's eyes see colors differently, even if only slightly. I glanced over at the "cat in a meadow" and "dino in a forest" drawings my kids did that I have up on the wall, and it dawned on me even THEY see the sun's hue differently. Older kid (with true art skills & a knack for seeing hues nobody else can) drew the sun like I used to as a kid -- blueish white. The younger one drew her dino & trees under a glaring yellow sun.

Lends a lot of merit to everyone's rods and cones seeing the spectrum just a touch different from the next guy's.
edit on 8/5/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wow a $1.75 won’t get you far these days. I just gased my truck up came to $180.50. I don’t even think $1.75 would register on the gauge.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Wow a $1.75 won’t get you far these days. I just gased my truck up came to $180.50. I don’t even think $1.75 would register on the gauge.

Ouch, man! And I thought the $60 it takes to fill our car up at Costco every 2 weeks for us was a bit painful. To be fair, our car runs best on premium (knocks otherwise, and gets less miles to the gallon) so that's what we put in. Premium was $3.15 the other day, and I think regular was $2.59. The heck were you putting in yours, molten gold?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos

I have a 34 gallon tank in my Silverado Duramax 2500. Even if I filled it from zero gallons, which nobody does, I can't get over $119 in it at $3.50 a gallon. It normally takes $70-80 worth.

Edit: Translate to Canadian. Whatever that is.

edit on 8/5/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Please continue your sun looking experiments. Please do not receive damage and please do not stop posting non sequiter things.......

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Molten Canadian gas at $1.29 a litre for regular....
Truck has a big tank . Traveling 1400km this week to not looking forward to my multiple fill ups.
a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Converted to metric(not Canadian) 1gallon is 3.785 litres.
$1.29 a litre is $4.88 a gallon
My fuel tank is the roughly same size holds 35 gallons or 132 litres(on paper)
132x1.29= 170.89.
I was right on empty and the truck took 140 litres so $180.60.

a reply to: schuyler

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Netherlands you pay $6.78 a gallon 95octane

I'll just go look at the sun now, because there's already a hole in my pockets

top topics

join