It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love and Forgiveness will Heal our Political Turmoil and Drive out the Hate

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Not sure if satire or not, but often when you're at your rock bottom, you either fall off the deep end or you bounce back with a new view of life, usually more positive and independently geared. I'll say a prayer for you tonight before I go to bed, just in case.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Eh. I'd say if everyone minded their own business like they used to, for the most part, and made their own decisions without being forced, pushed, or bullied, then it would heal the country. I'm not going to love everyone and shower them with hugs when I can simply be a gentleman and go about my own business without others trying to tell me what I should do.

Just being Respectful towards other is plenty enough.
You don't have to shower others with hugs to achieve that.

Being a Gentleman and Respectful is a sincere form of Love and the essence of a Civilized individual.
So I think you are on the Right track!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Thank you for the positive thread.

We are, most of us, good people wanting good things for everyone else.

I think we forget that sometimes, getting caught up in all the bs.
edit on 5-8-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I don't care if you flag or star or reply to this thread.

But I do think you should go Hug someone and tell them you Care.

And even if they reject it,
still tell them how much you Love and Appreciate them.

Find that Lost Soul who needs you the most.
They will never forget what you do for them today.

Pissing people off isn't going to heal anything. Hug someone that doesn't want you hugging them and you'll draw a lawsuit.

Just mind your own business and go about your own life and keep your nose in your life and not theirs. That'll go a lot further than a hug. Trust me.

I agree that you should not be nosy and push into other's business uninvited. I especially agree you shouldn't touch someone that doesn't want to be touched.

But if someone invites you into their lives and would appreciate and enjoy a hug from you, I believe you should be willing to share in it with them. We all benefit psychologically and physiologically from hugs, there is a lot of research you should look into that shows this. It improves our health and well-being as a matter of scientific fact.

Definitely want to make sure it's ok and desired first though, lol!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Love and Forgiveness will Heal our Political Turmoil and Drive out the Hate

Sadly "hate" for the opposition is their reason for living. They thrive on political turmoil; love and forgiveness isn't even remotely considered.

I know your posts, as do all the other posters on this forum. Out of respect for muzzle, since his thread is about getting along, I'll forgo mentioning the ocean of hypocrisy in your post.

Thanks for partially forgoing that, but I will address it nonetheless.

Through Forgiveness we can wipe the slate clean and let go of the past.
This way we can appreciate that person for who they are right now today, and not hold any grudges or expect their past to define them.

I have made a lot of mistakes and have had some really bad ideas in the past, but I certainly hope no one will hold that against me now. I have learned a lot and am changing, trying to improve and become the "me" that I actually believe I am and want to be. My past mistakes do not define me though they have taught me how I want to define me.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Not sure if satire or not, but often when you're at your rock bottom, you either fall off the deep end or you bounce back with a new view of life, usually more positive and independently geared. I'll say a prayer for you tonight before I go to bed, just in case.

Thank you, I will also pray for you and yours.

I think I am bouncing back, I feel a lot better now.
I am motivated to kick some butt and take life by storm!!
I CAN and WILL make my Dreams come True!
I AM a success!

My million failures and mistakes have brought me closer to my goal of Victory!
I'm almost there!!

And yes, I do realize this sounds very "Bipolar" of me, but I don't believe in those labels, I know I'm just a human being experiencing human life. It's a roller coaster sometimes, and that's OK. I don't need any pills, all I need is to embrace myself for who I am and just refuse to give up!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Hey bud,
You got a PM

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I met a guy a few months ago who did 23 years in prison for killing a guy.
He seemed like a really nice, normal guy that could have been a banker or lawyer or engineer or carpenter.

He had a normal life growing up for the most part, but when he was 20 in college he went to a party with his fiance, and he got really really trashed drunk. Some guy came up and started hitting on his girlfriend and said some really insulting things to him, and they got into a fight.

Well this guy beat the crap out of him in front of his fiance gf, and he was so intimidated and embarrassed that he walked over about 20 feet, picked up a 2x4 piece of wood, and came over and started hitting this guy in the head with it. The guy died from severe head trauma. He then fled the scene of the crime rather than giving aid.

So he did 23 years in prison + 7 on parole because of 1 moment where he made a major mistake while drunk. He was an otherwise nice guy his whole life, I can tell someone's energy, I know he's a good guy. But he is also a murderer because for 1 hour of his life he was not a nice guy at all.

Rather than his whole life defining him, it was just that 1 moment, that 1 mistake, that defined his entire life. Now he has to reconcile with that and try to redefine himself the way he wants to be, rather than the way he was that fateful horrible night.

So I do think we are mostly good people that want good things for others, but all it takes is that 1 day where you screw up to flush it all down the drain and be forever known as a bad person that did bad things to others.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
All praise to our Lady of the Immaculate Heart. You don't have to believe for the ritual to work.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I met a guy a few months ago who did 23 years in prison for killing a guy.
He seemed like a really nice, normal guy that could have been a banker or lawyer or engineer or carpenter.

He had a normal life growing up for the most part, but when he was 20 in college he went to a party with his fiance, and he got really really trashed drunk. Some guy came up and started hitting on his girlfriend and said some really insulting things to him, and they got into a fight.

Well this guy beat the crap out of him in front of his fiance gf, and he was so intimidated and embarrassed that he walked over about 20 feet, picked up a 2x4 piece of wood, and came over and started hitting this guy in the head with it. The guy died from severe head trauma. He then fled the scene of the crime rather than giving aid.

So he did 23 years in prison + 7 on parole because of 1 moment where he made a major mistake while drunk. He was an otherwise nice guy his whole life, I can tell someone's energy, I know he's a good guy. But he is also a murderer because for 1 hour of his life he was not a nice guy at all.

Rather than his whole life defining him, it was just that 1 moment, that 1 mistake, that defined his entire life. Now he has to reconcile with that and try to redefine himself the way he wants to be, rather than the way he was that fateful horrible night.

So I do think we are mostly good people that want good things for others, but all it takes is that 1 day where you screw up to flush it all down the drain and be forever known as a bad person that did bad things to others.

I've seen that movie. "Felon," with Val Kilmer.

That said, you're talking about the justice system and the application of law. The system doesn't look at "good people" in general. People can be good regardless of the system.

People make mistakes all the time. Some are luckier than others. So, you're not wrong.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
All praise to our Lady of the Immaculate Heart. You don't have to believe for the ritual to work.

I know Spirit is real.
I focus my life on appreciating it.
I try my best to, that is, no one's perfect...
We all get distracted, upset, frustrated, or even go into denial sometimes.

I Thank you and the Most Blessed and Pure Mistress for your concern and Love.
I definitely feel it touching me in my Heart and rejuvenating my Soul.
Somehow it worked, lol.

Thank you so much.
I Love you too!

When I went outside I was watching the sparrows landing in a Pomegranate tree that was in bloom.
It's flowers are so gorgeous and that is when the Spirit touched me. It symbolizes prosperity, aspiration, and ambition, which are the gifts the Spirit imparted to me to lift me out of my sorrows today.

Did you know that Mary was once known as "Our Lady of the Pomegranate"?
She gained this title because she became the successor to the Goddess concept of ancient times.

This most famous painting by the Renaissance master Sandro Botticelli from the Uffizi gallary in Florence Italy "shows the Madonna and the Christ Child flanked by angels, with a pomegranate in hand. The pomegranate is the symbol of Christ's future suffering."

So it seems to be much more than a mere coincidence that these flowers and your prayer came together like this for me today. Look at how beautiful it is! We live in such an amazing world!!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Hmmm, I've never seen that film. I'll check it out sometime.
I heard Val's going to be Iceman again in the upcoming Top Gun flick.

On second thought maybe I don't want to watch that film, I think I might be happier never imagining or seeing the inside of a jail ever again, lol. It's so negative and might give me a PTSD flashback.

I'll watch another film by him and we can call it even.
How about "Conspiracy" or "Have Dreams, Will Travel"?
Both of those look cool. They are both set very near to where I am in West Texas currently.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh, and there are a lot of 4 O'clocks and Morning Glories out there too, but it was the Pomegranates that had my interest when my energies shifted.

I really do Love nature and see it as one of the greatest gifts we have been given.

I usually tell people, when they are worried about money or property, that if they opened their Heart and Mind to it, they would realize they have the whole world already yet didn't realize it. The clouds, the Sun and Moon, the stars, the birds and bees, the trees and flowers, they are there for us to enjoy for free!

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Thank you, I will also pray for you and yours.

I think I am bouncing back, I feel a lot better now.
I am motivated to kick some butt and take life by storm!!
I CAN and WILL make my Dreams come True!
I AM a success!

My million failures and mistakes have brought me closer to my goal of Victory!
I'm almost there!!

And yes, I do realize this sounds very "Bipolar" of me, but I don't believe in those labels, I know I'm just a human being experiencing human life. It's a roller coaster sometimes, and that's OK. I don't need any pills, all I need is to embrace myself for who I am and just refuse to give up!

That's the spirit... So how do you feel today?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join