It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love and Forgiveness will Heal our Political Turmoil and Drive out the Hate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: muzzleflash

I admire the courage it took to post this thread.

Thank you DBCowboy, it did take a lot I'll admit.

I know it's going to be a really hard sell, especially around here.
But it's what I believe was needed the most.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I freely admit my cynicism. How many times have you met "friends" that play you for a fool and stab you in the back; even by your own family, infact usually by your own family.

I still maintain my old hippie attitude of peace and love, but trust is earned.

edit on 5-8-2019 by olaru12 because: semi colon time....

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
There is no political turmoil.

I disagree. From the response to the recent US shootings on here and social media in general people were more interested in which 'political side' is to blame for it and capitalising on that rather than offering condolences to the victims and their families or pausing for reflection. Some see anyone right wing OAC wing from Antifa as fascist nazis
From the UK but there seems to be a deep sense of anger in all areas of US politics. A lot of language on all dsdes in pretty hyperbolyic with intention to smear and sock inncaurae information.. And threet movements seem more like pointless excuses for violence. - over in UK/Europe - apart from the Greek Army Police who posed in Nazi memoriaabke who wre killing Antifa types and minrwar for couple of months.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
President Trump just condemned HATE and endorsed LOVE. Called "White Supremacy" an evil that must be stomped out, like ISIS and ANTIFA.

SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
President Trump just condemned HATE and endorsed LOVE. Called "White Supremacy" an evil that must be stomped out, like ISIS and ANTIFA.

SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...

The word "Love" is not in that article or on that page at all.
Condemn does not equal Love and Forgiveness.

Sounds crazy I know, but what you are seeing is more turmoil building upon more turmoil. They are condemning hatred with more hatred see? You do not drive out "hate" with "hate".

We were told to Forgive and Love our enemy - to understand their plight and to help them.
Instead what we see is more control, more demands, more condemnation.
This approach will not work, it's been tried over and over but things just kept getting worse, didn't they?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to Forgive and Love someone who murdered your family? Someone who wants to murder you and destroy everything you cared about?

It's one of the hardest things in the Universe. But it is the solution to this.
"Stomping out" people that are distraught and lost and hateful is impossible.
You cannot fight fire with fire.
We need water.

I am sorry to confront you with this extremely difficult Truth.
It might be one of the hardest things any of us will ever have to grapple with.

But if you can accomplish this 1 thing - it will set you Free.
Finally Free.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I freely admit my cynicism. How many times have you met "friends" that play you for a fool and stab you in the back; Even by your own family.

I still maintain my old hippie attitude of peace and love, but trust is earned.

Maybe the real question is how many 'friends' have not stabbed you in the back?

That is why I, in my darkest hour, accepted that I was lost and alone.
I finally accepted that I had no way out and that I was doomed.

Then I decided 'what the heck, I'll try to be friends with God cuz I got no one else anyway', just to see what would happen. So I stopped telling God I hated Him, and decided to try telling God I Loved Him instead. Even though I felt like I was abandoned and forsaken, I changed my tune to see what would happen.

I spent years telling God I hated Him, knowingly choosing to be in Hell just because I knew God would stay away from me I was so angry and upset with how unfair everything was. I was pissed because I did so much Good and tried so hard to avoid doing bad things, yet I felt God still screwed me over and punished me for nothing. I was so upset and alone I cannot even describe it.

Well, I guess the scientist in me wanted to experiment with trying something new, so I told God I was so sorry and that I Loved Him despite him mistreating me. I prayed and asked for help. I asked for specific things too. Lots of things...

And then I saw Miracles happen right in front of me.
I saw God make the things I asked for come to reality, right before my eyes.
And I'll never forget that.
The impossible things I asked for were given to me.
And I still don't even understand it.

I asked for the impossible, yet it became possible.
These things were in the works before I even asked for them, they were right on the verge of happening just as I was turning around and changing my outlook and approach. The timing was perfect.

So now I am convinced, I do have a best friend that will never turn their back on me. I have someone I can always Trust and Believe in. Maybe I can't see what's behind the scenes, and everything looks horrible from my limited perception, I might even feel like I'm doomed and completely defeated, but I learned that my best friend is there doing things in my favor, looking out for me, helping me.

I wish I had known how powerful Trusting in my best friend was a long time ago. It was such a hard lesson to learn. So I try to remind myself to imagine hugging God and saying Thank You for every little thing in my life, it's all I can give to a being that already has everything else. I had the one piece God was missing and wanted so badly, my Love Trust and Thankfulness. That's what sharing is all about, giving back and forth.

You should ask God for every single little thing you sincerely desire, and see what God picks for you. I know what I'm going to give to God, and although my Faith might be even smaller than a mustard seed, God sure is moving mountains for me in return.

Nothing could be more awesome than that.
To finally find Happiness and Joy inside myself?
That's all I really wanted anyways.
Well, I got a taste of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
There is no political turmoil.

From the response to the recent US shootings on here and social media in general people were more interested in which 'political side' is to blame for it and capitalising on that rather than offering condolences to the victims and their families or pausing for reflection.

From the UK but there seems to be a deep sense of anger in all areas of US politics.

You are seeing things accurately. That is what I also see.

But that is OK, because we now have to step up and show what we are really made of.
We can help them by teaching what we know is Right and Good.

And as crazy as it sounds, God definitely has the answers to all of these problems.
Everyone knows it in their Hearts if they honestly look inside for just one minute.
God can handle all of this and drive out the hate with just a little bit of Love.

But this is something that must happen inside of each of us one at a time.
We then have to share it with others so that it grows between us.
Hugs are what we all need desperately in these difficult days we live in.

The more hate someone expresses, the more Love and Forgiveness we need to give them.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is so frustrating and stressful, I'm going to go to bed.
I been up way too long anyway...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I just asked a family member for 3$, a person who has a 500,000 house, a 2019 car, endless boxes of property they never even touch, one of the biggest TV's I've ever even seen, has never gone hungry a day in their life : and they replied to me "Nothing's ever enough for you is it?" angrily. And all I knew to say way "I'm sorry", and they angrily refuted me "No you're not!".

I went to hide and cry my eyes out, I'm not sure I can stop crying it hurts so much.

I have a change of cloths. I don't even have a razor to shave with. I lost my home and job when I got arrested over a stupid post on facebook and extradited across the country months ago, I didn't even say anything wrong I was telling a mean person that I forgave them for mistreating me, and now my spine is broken and I'm crippled.

When I was homeless from 2014 to 2018 I tried to never ask anyone for anything ever because this is how people respond, hatefully, that's why I tried to get work or just live without. Now I'm stuck, I can't lift anything or bend over, I can barely walk.

How could people be so cruel and heartless?
I can't stop crying, I can't do this...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

See the reason for my cynicism. A family member just stabbed you in the back.

Forgive them if you want. Personally I hold resentments for awhile, pray, say the rosary and let it go. I'm not even Catholic!!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I thought my xwife was ready to let me come see my kids finally, we had planned all of last week to get a house together again (as just friends) so I could be around my children every day, after 5 years of being away.

But I just got a message from her in the last few hours saying she changed her mind, I have no idea why. She seems very angry and unhappy with her own life, but there's not much I can do to console her. It actually doesn't have much to do with me, she's off in her own world of problems, and she seems mad at everyone and everything.

So I dunno what to say.
I cannot describe the depths of pain I'm experiencing.
Years and years of bs keep piling up on me.

And it seems like having this "Spiritual transformation" has only invited more trials and tribulations, more pain and suffering, more upsets and greater defeat. It's like the moment I'm right at the threshold of finally realizing "God", tragedy strikes from all angles deeper and deeper.

I just can't handle it anymore.
I can't do this.
It's too much...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I'm taking your advice and praying; For YOU and for your situation to improve and you get out of your pain.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

See the reason for my cynicism. A family member just stabbed you in the back.

Forgive them if you want. Personally I hold resentments for awhile, pray, say the rosary and let it go. I'm not even Catholic!!

I can't change who I am or who anyone else is.
I don't know how to be angry anymore.
It's not who I am or want to be.
It just isn't in me.

All I can do is cry...
Pray that God will somehow change things and lift me out of this.
I don't know if I will be delivered, things seem so dark so often.
I feel so shattered and hopeless sometimes, I'm sorry.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Pray that God will somehow change things and lift me out of this. I don't know if I will be delivered, things seem so dark so often. I feel so shattered and hopeless sometimes, I'm sorry.

I am beginning the ritual, lighting the candle of the Immaculate Heart and praying for your deliverance from pain and emotional suffering.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I am sorry that I had another nervous breakdown.
I was being selfish because I felt alone and like everything was unfair.

I just don't know what to say anymore, I think I've lost touch.
I feel so disconnected from everything.

I am going to go look at the trees and watch the birds and the bugs fly around.
And just think about things awhile...

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

"We live in a culture in which too many feel they have no meaning or importance, but believe that one spectacular act of madness can give them the instant celebrity which defines success in a sick society. And so they kill to feel alive. To experience an illusion of power at the expense of the powerless. And even knowing the likelihood that they will be killed during their heinous act, they believe they will live eternally in the electronic ether, washed in the blood of the sacrificed."

-Stilton Jarlsberg

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Eh. I'd say if everyone minded their own business like they used to, for the most part, and made their own decisions without being forced, pushed, or bullied, then it would heal the country. I'm not going to love everyone and shower them with hugs when I can simply be a gentleman and go about my own business without others trying to tell me what I should do.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I don't care if you flag or star or reply to this thread.

But I do think you should go Hug someone and tell them you Care.

And even if they reject it,
still tell them how much you Love and Appreciate them.

Find that Lost Soul who needs you the most.
They will never forget what you do for them today.

Pissing people off isn't going to heal anything. Hug someone that doesn't want you hugging them and you'll draw a lawsuit.

Just mind your own business and go about your own life and keep your nose in your life and not theirs. That'll go a lot further than a hug. Trust me.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Love and Forgiveness will Heal our Political Turmoil and Drive out the Hate

Sadly "hate" for the opposition is their reason for living. They thrive on political turmoil; love and forgiveness isn't even remotely considered.

I know your posts, as do all the other posters on this forum. Out of respect for muzzle, since his thread is about getting along, I'll forgo mentioning the ocean of hypocrisy in your post.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: olaru12

I am sorry that I had another nervous breakdown.
I was being selfish because I felt alone and like everything was unfair.

I just don't know what to say anymore, I think I've lost touch.
I feel so disconnected from everything.

I am going to go look at the trees and watch the birds and the bugs fly around.
And just think about things awhile...

Expressing your pain is not being selfish. You are not alone!!

The ritual of the Immaculate Heart will work. Take solace in the world around you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join