It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals you own part of yesterday’s tragedies .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The right wings main focus is to protect what we have. Constitution, religion and implied rights. We generally don’t organize, get loud or go on the offensive.

The left wings main focus is us and the things we stand for. They organize, get loud , go on the offensive over anything and sometimes over nothing.

Which kind of makes the Republican Party the quiet married man living in the same house ( The US) with an overbearing wife (liberals) who has been nagging him constantly for decades.

Sooner or later some of those quiet mild mannered men have had enough and they lash out.

Constant belittling can lead to repressed anger and repressed anger can lead to a split from reality resulting in violent episodes.

Shaming, vilifying and falsely accusing half of the country does not help one iota in maintaining the peace.

If open debate was allowed it might be a relief valve for repressed anger.

But just like with the nagging wife we’re not allowed to talk

If we dare to attempt it the nagging just gets louder and more persistent.

The point I’m getting to is that the left owns part of what is going on. Their tactics put the lid on the pressure cooker. They need to take some of the blame instead of acting surprised that the kitchen blew up.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Is this some personal allegory vis-a-vie the character represented in your Avatar? If not, carry on. Rants can be cathartic

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The progressives are firing up people with all the bickering. It is leading to civil unrest and causing some loose cannons to come unglued.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
That will never happen.

This carnage, is exactly what they want. They have zero concern for average Americans. We are cannon fodder, in their war on morality. Nothing more.

Baltimore, Detroit, San Francisco, Chicago... these are all examples of liberal leadership. They thrive on mayhem.

This, is the new left...
edit on 4-8-2019 by madmac5150 because: Gattafinga!!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The progressives are firing up people with all the bickering. It is leading to civil unrest and causing some loose cannons to come unglued.

Does trump and his racist tweets share any of the blame. Did you read Patrick Crusius manifesto? It echos trumps ideology. Could it be that's why he got all fired up and killed those 20 people and wonded 26?

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 4-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Does trump and his racist tweets share any of the blame. Did you read Patrick Crusius manifesto? It echos trumps ideology.

www.nytimes.com...

His manifesto also espouses universal healthcare, and universal income... I'd call that liberalism...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yep and I think it’s going to get worse before gets better .

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: rickymouse

Yep and I think it’s going to get worse before gets better .

I think you are correct. trump encourages violence.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

you kind of missed the whole point of the OP . Don’t you think that calling everyone racist , telling them they’re evil , comparing them to Nazis and attacking everything they stand for is going to piss someone off ?

Let me put it this way .

If you walked down to the corner and saw a paranoid schizophrenic standing on a park bench with a shotgun and a Bible .

Would you tell him God is dead and give me that gun ?

Oh wait I forgot .

“ Orange man mean “
edit on 4-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Does trump and his racist tweets share any of the blame. Did you read Patrick Crusius manifesto? It echos trumps ideology. Could it be that's why he got all fired up and killed those 20 people and wonded 26?

www.nytimes.com...

He says about what many people say about the illegal immigration. In that article, this guy says his idea predates Trump's conversations about it. People are constantly altering reality in this country with what they say.

I do not think Trump has said that many racist remarks during his presidency, but evidently Media and Some Liberals are twisting the interpretation of the words to make it appear that he is racist. I can twist people's words if I wanted to, but I choose not to distort what people are saying. I think that is an uncivilized action to twist an interpretation out of context but it is becoming very common these days in media.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Did Bill Clinton cause columbine?

Did Obama cause sandy hook?

Cut the bull# and stop blaming politicians for the acts of fricken nut cases.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Fallingdown, I thoroughly enjoy your contributions and agree with you most of the time but can not entirely here.

You are correct that the left are responsible for what is playing out in the western world though to try and pin these horrific events back on them doesn’t quite stack up. A small percentage maybe, but this was a lone nut and trying to put the blame back on the other camp does and will not reflect well on conservatives.

Loved your nagging wife analogy.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The left wings main focus is us and the things we stand for. They organize, get loud , go on the offensive over anything and sometimes over nothing.

Hyper partisans are willing to target their opposition. Ironically they don't see that it will inevitably result in the dismay of everyone.

I suggest you defend everyone's rights equally. Because extremism is ultimately what is dismantling rights.
not one for I told you so's, and I get no pleasure on being right on this one.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What did I say that was factually incorrect in that statement .

And where did I single out anyone for the blame .

not one for I told you so‘s

On that I agree

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

What did I say that was factually incorrect in that statement .

I'm a straight straight shooter, so i don't disagree that you were being factual.

And I doubt you'd find me absolving those you speak of. I just like to point out the inverse does similar things in different applications.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

CS Took the same position. So I’m going to post the title again so I can be clear .

I didn’t try to pin anything on anyone I was just pointing out there’s plenty of blame to go around .

Liberals you own part of yesterday’s tragedies .

The left owns part meaning we own the other part.

Anyone that tries to claim that the left’s rhetoric doesn’t heightened tensions isn’t being honest .

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I agree, plenty of blame to go around although it is not a good look and will not help your cause.

Do you assign a portion of the blame for that Antifa idiot shooting up the ICE facility to the right wing?

For the record, I identify as neither. I have the self respect and awareness to identify that my beliefs are more complex than drawing a line and standing on either side of it to yell at the other.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I never dreamed my position would advance the rights position in the least . Lol

I just felt it was something that needed to be said so I said it.

The incident in Portland didn’t even cross my mind. There’s so much insanity coming in that it’s almost a blur .

The real culprit in all this hate is the lying manipulative main stream media. They are the puppeteers giving the marching orders to the troops .

Like the saying goes I was once a liberal then I started paying taxes . Now I like to think of myself as a conservative who can compromise when need be .

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The right wings main focus is to protect what we have. Constitution, religion and implied rights. We generally don’t organize, get loud or go on the offensive.

Which kind of makes the Republican Party the quiet married man living in the same house ( The US) with an overbearing wife (liberals) who has been nagging him constantly for decades.

Sooner or later some of those quiet mild mannered men have had enough and they lash out.

Constant belittling can lead to repressed anger and repressed anger can lead to a split from reality resulting in violent episodes.

Shaming, vilifying and falsely accusing half of the country does not help one iota in maintaining the peace.

If open debate was allowed it might be a relief valve for repressed anger.

But just like with the nagging wife we’re not allowed to talk

If we dare to attempt it the nagging just gets louder and more persistent.

The point I’m getting to is that the left owns part of what is going on. Their tactics put the lid on the pressure cooker. They need to take some of the blame instead of acting surprised that the kitchen blew up.

Some of the things that America has, that Republicans don't seem to be too protective of, are democracy and also equal rights, under the law, for all citizens (pretty much like it says in the Constitution, except for the bits about slavery, suffrage, elections of Senators & election of Presidents, judicial power and limitations on Congress. But both sides ignore those things).

Imagine living in a country where carrying a weapon is a right and free heath-care isn't.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The real culprit in all this hate is the lying manipulative main stream media. They are the puppeteers giving the marching orders to the troops .

Like the saying goes I was once a liberal then I started paying taxes . Now I like to think of myself as a conservative who can compromise when need be .

You are absolutely right, at the end of the day the left and right actually have a hell of a lot more in common than what separates them when you get down to it and I believe there is definitely an agenda to divide people through identity politics at the moment.

Haha although I don't identify as either, I feel I am much in the same league as you on that one.

Full credit to you for the way you engage, others would be trying to slay me for being a lefty blah blah.

More of this type of discourse is what the world needs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join