It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC vs Tulsi Gabbard

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: pavil

Except she isn't. She is just wiser with her public statements. Policy wise she is a typical progressive. Maybe i am wrong, how does she buck the party policy wise?

You are correct. She is far left with her views and so I'd never vote for her. However, much like Ron Paul, she is also against empire building and regime changes. Both Republicans and Democrats support regime changes. That is the sticking point.

If you listen to what she says and read between the lines, you get why the establishment liberals don't like her. They are just as much war hawks like Cheney et al. Tulsi clearly stated she doesn't like Assad and the other tinpot dictators. However, if she can avoid wars by talking/meeting with them, then that is what she will do. She doesn't want to send our troops off to die for these craphole countries.

The issue isn't that she is far left, it is that it is obvious there is a large agenda at play in shutting her down.
edit on 2-8-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yep, I agree see my addition to my post above.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

She wants to end the electoral college, end nuclear power, end fossil fuels, strict gun control, turn America to 100% green energy only. So like you said she is just another far left progressive. She is so much smarter in public though and hides it well.
edit on 2-8-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I agree, the MSM is the agenda arm of the Democrats, and they have chosen another candidate so the MSM will attack her.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

She's a Democrat, granted. Most of her policies are similar.

She doesn't want wars where more Americans Die. Both Parties and the Media seem opposed to that for some reason.Also she was anti TPP, the Gold Standard of trade deals.

Compared to the field, she's a better choice. That's all I'm saying. She could work with both sides to get things done better than the vast majority of Dems.

If she is just like every other Democrat, why does the media seem to go after her?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Because the media follows what the DNC tells them to do. The DNC doesn't want her, so the media will follow orders.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

She wants to end the electoral college, end nuclear power, end fossil fuels, strict gun control, turn America to 100% green energy only. So like you said she is just another far left progressive. She is so much smarter in public though and hides it well.

She has a husky voice and a nice butt.

But so did Hitler!

#NeverAgain

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hitler didn't do Yoga. You'd think he would, it being Aryan and all....

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Hitler didn't do Yoga. You'd think he would, it being Aryan and all....

Eva Braun did.

She was known for her, "Downward Enslave Everyone" position.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm sure that decree came down from the DNC, but why?

If her policies are more of the same, why shoot her down?

Hopefully she will go after the Senate seat held by Crazy Mazie as a stepping stone to a future Presidential Run. That lady is Bonkers. Gabbard will run into the same Wall of DNC opposition if she does that.

They've all but written her off this time.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It's a good pose. Hard to hold for long though.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You know, Gabbard talks one way, but if you read her stance on issues, she's mainstream Democrat and not really moderate at all.

Link to her stance on issues.

MSNBC has likely picked which candidates they want, which no doubt would be Biden, Harris, Warren..................

They showed with Sanders last time that who gets the nod is picked early on and anyone not wanted is left dangling in the wind without media propaganda to prop them up. The DNC gives them marching orders and they comply.
edit on 8/2/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I've read them. She's a Liberal Democrat. A real liberal who is against needless wars. That's a step up from the rest of the field. Better than the rest. She would still need to move to the Center, but that
is impossible in the Modern Democratic Party.

I don't see Biden not winning the nomination. It's all about having connections and Joe has them all over the Country. Look at the state polls, he is winning almost all of them.

Fix 2.0 is already in motion. Bernie's arms are going to cramp from him raising them above his head as it happens to him again. No wonder he is so angry this time around.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
She does have some fantastic ideas on war and the reasons why it's a bad idea. It's amazing how closely aligned with Trump she is on that front, but won't admit it or say anything about it. Other than her views on gun control, she ins't a complete wackadoodle, like the others. But it bothers me a good bit that a combat veteran doesn't understand what an "assault weapon" is and is not.

If we have to have a democrat, I'd prefer it to be someone like her. But she won't get my vote due to her misunderstanding of weaponry, and being a liberal.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm a 20 year Combat Engineer Officer Veteran. No way I would ever support her for President. She has never been on a combat mission and does not understand the true costs of warfare. I'm not even sure what she did on deployment. Medical Officer? Military Police? Which is it because she has no background in the medical field. She has a degree in business administration. WTF. She had no "business" being around anything medical or law enforcement. Why not get a degree in those fields.

Another woman in the military that got shot through the ranks with the affirmative action treatment. She was put in positions she knows nothing about just because she is a woman. I would not trust her with anything medical or as a police officer. I would trust my experienced combat medics and real life police officers. She would have no value to me other than laying down suppressive fire in an ambush which she would not do.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

She was against the OC new green deal .... but only because she has her own version of it that isn't too different. No nuclear, no fossil fuels, all green energy.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Maybe she won't support them enough publicly with her words. I can not tell you why, but I can tell you her policy stances are typical far left progressive democrat stances.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

We can consider this interview as him badgering her, yes, though I see that it could be something other than that.
Colbert considers himself a very intelligent guy. He interviews in different manners. When he has guests that he considers ''light weight'' he interviews lackadaisically in a bantering manner. But when he has guests that he thinks might be capable of having more depth, depth he considers to rival his own, he pushes in order to pull from them replies that test his own metal.

So, I just watched that video you posted and thank you. In that interview I found him to be very respectful. Not once did he cut her off when she was speaking and not once did he pummel her with his own insistence as that woman in OP's video did consistently.

What I saw him doing was not so much being coached by his handlers as I saw him asking her to address the most critical talking points AGAINST her that are being repeated and repeated in the media. Because she is still relatively unknown it is only those major talking points that are being repeated. He gave her opportunity to address them all by asking her about them, I saw no pressure to denigrate her for her positions.

One might consider, I among them, that what he was doing was giving her a platform to answer some of those more difficult questions that do and will continue to be tossed at her in the future. Again, not once did he over-ride her when she was making her statements, all of which are recorded and usable for future soundbites.

Can you watch that interview again Ed with that perspective possibility in mind and let me know what you think of my interpretation of the interview from that point of view?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

As much as I can often appear as a know it all type, I have no knowledge of the green energy plan. I know the term and I know that Cortez has a similar sounding plan but I do not know if they are the same or not. Are they? I 'don't know anything about Cortez's either.

I quit paying attention to anything that had the word ''green in it'' when it was used as a national phrase back in the mid 70s. The Greening of America, look it up. It was after the end of the Vietnam conflict and Nixon had resigned. Oh there was such hoopla that now we were going to start doing things in a better way. The recycling meme took root and we were going to have power from solar and wind and all the rest and basically that a new age was upon us. And did it happen? Hell no.

What we got was push back from corporations and presidents like Reagan and Bush who opened the doors to the final corporate take over of the American economy and the American government.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
She's like a slightly more intelligent female Beto. Great uppercut on Kamala though. Put a major crack in Kamala's glass jaw. Totally exposed her weakness which is she was an awful DA.

She also handed Trump all the ammo he needs if he faces her. It was a powerful hit. Smoking dope but putting others in prison for smoking the same dope and laughing about it listing to Snoop Dog like she said.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join