It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-XX Next-Generation Stealthy Fighter Aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
According to the reports of the Jane's Defence Weekly, China has already launched its next generation stealthy fighter aircraft programme, and Shenyang Aircraft Industry Co. (SAC) has been selected to head research and development of a new fighter for the PLA Air Force.

sinodefence.com...

Can anyone give me any information on the J-XX? This is the only site I've found that tells me about it.

Pictures, information, anything else would be nice.

Also, will it be 4th or 5th Generation and could it rival the JSF or Raptor?
If so, why so.
If not, why not.

Thank you in advance,
Odium.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Odium]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don’t mean this like its going to sound, but EVERY country that builds its own planes are always working on the next technology. You know as well as I do that there are people, someplace, already designing the F22's replacement. Its just the way it is.

I do commend China though, their pace is very accelerated. Their competition has done a lot of their work for them!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hey bro... There have been a few threads concerning China's new aircraft in the "aircraft" thread. From the most recent news I have heard the JXX or w/e u want to call it may have its first test flight as early as 2006. Just go to the aircraft thread and look for the numerous threads.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The full plane won't take off anytime near 2006 but probably a empty body to test for aerodynamics and things like that. The real thing would fly at 2009-2010 but who knows, China lately have been very good at breaking due dates.

Just to tell you, the Janes article that you read was from 2002. The last time Sinodefence updated its J-XX page was almost a year ago.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by COWlan]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
atleast 10 threads on this topic exist on the aircraft projects forum

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Could an admin delete this thread please. I've reposted it in the Aircraft Forum, as I couldn't find any hard info on it from searching.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'll just close this thread and leave the link to your new thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join