It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrials Arrive On Earth - What Would They Think of SSA?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Since when did South Africa become SSA? What is the extra s for?

Why would the aliens view SSA any differently to any other place?

Sub-Saharan Africa, bud. Thought the acronym would be clear...
Wasn't clear for me. Though I did appreciate the clarification when you said "(Africa)".

Okay, no problem. I'm aware that people don't actually usually use the acronym/aren't familiar with it. I guess I might be trying to popularise the acronym in the online world...

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Since when did South Africa become SSA? What is the extra s for?

Why would the aliens view SSA any differently to any other place?

Sub-Saharan Africa, bud. Thought the acronym would be clear...
Wasn't clear for me. Though I did appreciate the clarification when you said "(Africa)".

Okay, no problem. I'm aware that people don't actually usually use the acronym/aren't familiar with it. I guess I might be trying to popularise the acronym in the online world...
I'm for it!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

My bad I thought this was what they thought of the Social Security Administration.

That's exactly what I thought this was about! I thought the O.P. was gonna argue that aliens would find the Social Security Administration silly because it propped up the weak or something. You never know what you are gonna run into on this site.

Haha just had a hilarious image pop up in my mind of extraterrestrials coming all this way and then having a sit-down and criticising the Social Security Administration haha

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

Apologies I saw Africa in your post then South Africa in the next post and confused the two.
Sloppy reading on my part and I can admit it.

Doesn't change my questions like why that part of the World?
Just replace where I mention South Africa with the SSA.

But yeah the day someone on ATS actually responds to things I ask instead of cherry picking and avoiding them I'll be impressed. Would think any reasonable adult would be able to work out what I was actually saying.

If they're too hard to answer just say so and I'll happily move on.

Well, because, let's admit it - and let's not beat around the bush - SSA is much, much further behind than any other regions on the planet: the infrastructure, the development, the technology, skilled folks, higher education, technological development etc etc.

Hope that makes it clearer, bud.

Of course this is only your sad opinion, unless you can provide some inkling of evidence. Have you ever traveled past the city limits sign posted outside your town ? Some factual evidence that the Western world is an extension of the area you sadly attempting to degrade with a baseless opinion on how educated they are, how technological advances they are or not when in reality, at least in America our skills depend on technology to manifest while many cultures pass knowledge of far greater vaule than achieving the tallest building.

And many cultures are capable and skilled in both sets of knowledge, that which comes from books and that which come from generationally gained by surviving. Not many in the Western world ca capably today spell, read, or write much less perform higher mathematics without dependance on some technology provided aids. Short sighted on your part to think technology is a higher form of intelligence when it's a shortcut and most likely a result of isolationism from the world at large which certainly holds more than just a candle to the supposedly advanced Western society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join