It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check Out 20 Year Old Guitarist "Kingfish" A Rising Blues Prodigy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Christone "Kingfish" Ingram blew me away the first time I saw him play on a YouTube clip. He plays so effortlessly and with such immense passion, that he reminds me of Stevie Ray. Hard to believe the amount of raw talent he has at only 20 years of age. His debut album was released last year and he has already played alongside Buddy Guy and Eric Gales. I can't wait to see him perform live. If you're into the blues, then you'll enjoy these clips.

KINGFISH performing alongside Eric Gales and Samantha Fish. Jump to the 8:15 mark:

KINGFISH at 18 years of age:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
as a big guy myself (tho i work out everyday, power lifter here) i can say i hope this guy decides to join a gym and at least get his weight under control.

being round and so big you have fat on your elbows? thats a bad sign.

i would be dead without gym, no joke, i probably would have been 600 pounds and had a heart attack.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

I hear ya. More reason to appreciate this young man's gift.

We lost another talented blues guitarist, due to a heart attack, back in 2012. Michael Burks was only 54 when he passed and he also was a big guy. These guys are on the road a lot and probably don't get much exercise, or eat healthy meals.

Glad you're staying fit...keep it up!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow! He is talented. I love the blues!
I like that line in this one - Oh you wake up one morning and find yo self in an unmarked grave. 3minutes in on this video if my timed link doesn't work.

edit on 28-7-2019 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Dang! Had to have sold his soul at the crossroads for those skills.

Absolutely insane!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Good gravy! The intro solo on that first track was epic. This kid lives in the pocket.
Thank you for sharing, I had never heard of him until now. What a talent!🔥🔥🔥

edit on 10Sun, 28 Jul 2019 10:45:17 -0500amvAmerica/ChicagoSundayb20197America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

At least hes playing a Gibson styled guitar and not that woman tone that Clapton went to. All the greats played Gibson's.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
Dang! Had to have sold his soul at the crossroads for those skills.

Absolutely insane!

I sure hope not!
How odd a fairytale led me to the crossroads story and I was stunned at the extent.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The folklore behind selling your soul at the crossroads is a long and retold story for about 100yrs now.

Who knows.. Maybe there is some truth to it.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I will go see him if he comes around this neck of the woods.
I love the sound of a good rip.

edit on 28-7-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

That kid has more talent than most players have combined.

I can hear the SRV too.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The folklore behind selling your soul at the crossroads is a long and retold story for about 100yrs now.

Who knows.. Maybe there is some truth to it.

It seems no matter how far back you go the deals are mentioned in history.
Tons of lists of people.
Example

An extensive legend of a supposed devilish pact was focused on the character of Pope Sylvester II (946–1003), a prominent and skilled scholar and scientist in his lifetime, who had studied mathematics and astrology in the then Muslim-occupied cities of Córdoba and Seville.
According to the legend, spread by William of Malmesbury and Cardinal Beno, Sylvester II had also learned sorcery, using a book of spells stolen from an Arab philosopher.
[7] He had a pact with a female demon called Meridiana, who had appeared after he had been rejected by his earthly love, and with whose help he managed to ascend to the papal throne (another legend tells that he won the papacy by playing dice with the devil).[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join