It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pure Wind of the Trump Narrative

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Unless we’re lucky enough to see the man live and in person, there is, at all times, a wall of screen between us and the president. In that sense we are that far removed from the reality. But there is also an increasing amount of words and opinion distorting it further.

There is so much reporting on Trump that only the comatose could never come across it. It becomes increasingly more difficult to see him unfiltered and unedited without active research, but all the more necessary.

That leaves us susceptible to misinformation. It has become par for the course for Trump watchers, both pro and anti, that they get their doses of Trump not from the man himself, but from an army of commentators who wax lyrical on this their favorite subject.

This does a disservice to the claim that Trump is dividing the country, because most of us engaged in politics receive our information from those tasked with informing us, the media, and not Trump.

There are a myriad of other problems with this approach that leaves the viewer unarmed to the commentator’s opinion, and bereft of his own.

Trump's speeches and press conferences are often long but the commentariat delivers us a tiny fraction of it, padded by their own framing and opinion. This isn’t just a matter of concision for broadcasting purposes but also an effort in omission, cherry-picking, selective reporting and card-stacking. A single example will suffice.

The issue of Trump’s “many sides” controversy, which a segment thought revealed his racism and white supremacy, also revealed their own ignorance. What was remembered of the speech are those two out of context words, the commentary, and little else. The language of unity (“No matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first”, “we agree that the hate and the division must stop, and must stop right now. We have to come together as Americans with love for our nation and true affection-- really, I say this so strongly, true affection for each other.”), was omitted in favor of exploiting their viewer’s malleable emotions.

It is because of this and a litany of other examples that it is safe to say that whole gaps exist in the narrative and thus in the knowledge of the lucrative anti-Trump business, the commentariat, and their base. The sudden realization of the absence of this knowledge should make them pause and rethink their efforts, at least to allay the pains of dissonance, but the routine nature of this activity only seems to harden the credulity while continually weakening the skepticism.

Both fans and enemies of Trump need to embrace the power of their own abilities to interpret the facts on their own, without the crutch of someone else. This requires watching a speech, a press conference, or tweet in its entire context and coming to one’s own opinion before the well is poisoned by propaganda and spin. Only then will we be informed enough to make an informed opinion.

If we do not, we can be sure that what lies in the gaps of knowledge is pure wind.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Amid such bloviation, I still am fully enamored and trusting of President Trump.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

IDK bro.

Between his twitter account and his frequent on camera statements, Q&A sessions, etc, anyone that cares to see can get plenty of "unfiltered" Trump. You don't ever have to wonder what he's thinking, because he tells you in what some consider a brutally honest fashion. He's the most accessible, and transparent president of all time.

If ppl let the MSM do their thinking for them, then shame on them.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Excellent post Bucky. We should all trust ourselves to see through those who seek to promote their own biases through media spin.

It has been decades since some media watchdogs began to warn of this very situation. News, needed to be sped up and fit into time slots to fit between commercials. (the real reason for media today). News and commentary needed to be quick and concise in order to catch the attention of the viewers. More and more, advertising for news programs needed to pick out short sound bites to tell people to stay tuned so they would not leave or turn the channel when the commercials played. (protecting the product of the consumers attention for the advertiser)

More and more, as news channels and sites proliferated, each needed to shoot those soundbites and quick clips at their targeted news consuming viewers to keep them tuned in. What we see now is a direct result of those trends of the last five decades.

This being the case and your exhortations for caution in our scrutiny of what we are being presented with from media, how is it do you think that you remain a staunch supporter of Trump while I see him, well, quite differently than you do.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Even here in Australia he is attacked almost daily by the commie propaganda machine that's supposed to be our public broadcaster, the ABC. It's not only him though it's essentially any conservative or otherwise who have an opinion that counters the "progressive" narrative.

Thing is, the silent majority are becoming increasingly aware of this crap and voting trends across the Western world are demonstrating that we the people will not swallow this far left BS and acquiesce.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My initial reaction to Trump was very negative and pretty much echoed the MSM slams and thoughts until a very accomplished, educated, intelligent, multi-talented, kind mother and daughter who had become friends through a working relationship utterly shocked me by their enthusiastic support of then candidate Trump.

What kind of brainwashing was this was my general reaction? It didn't seem to make sense that these folk who I respected were all in for this egomaniacal reality TV personality. So I did what you are basically suggesting and did a deep dive and what I found surprised me, but also explained my friend's enthusiastic support.

What I found was a guy--a complex individual in some ways certainly-- who'd been very consistent over the years and was much more intelligent than he seemed or was being given credit for. A man that--like many of us--had watched as our country was used, raped, and looted over the years by politicians and their corporate bosses who it turns out weren't making the stupid decisions it looked like they were making but, rather, very calculated decisions disguised with "do-gooder" rhetoric.

Is he perfect? Heck no, who is? Does he have an ego and desire to be loved? Yep. Is he the best we can hope for at this moment in history? I do believe so. If he's a racist he's hidden it well with the various support he's given to women and minorities over the years to include hiring the first ever woman supervisor on a large-scale building project in NYC. Trump Tower that was. I'm pretty sure he's sincere about not being all for regime change like all of our modern presidents have been too. Didn't think we'd ever see that again.

Take the time to watch his interviews past and present and dig deeper in your reading. If you haven't it's no wonder you don't know who he is.
edit on 26-7-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Very similar to the journey of mine that led me to respecting him. At first I seen him as an anomaly, a boorish cartoon surely to entertain but not fit to lead the free world.

A few kept promises and some deeper diving myself and I've arrived at the conclusion he may very well be the best US president in atleast two decades.

edit on 2672019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Amid such bloviation, I still am fully enamored and trusting of President Trump.

I can’t tell if your kidding or not.....
I am going to guess kidding.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There’s a total refusal to think any thoughts that aren’t directly supplied by the hivemind.
To do so would mean total rejection and condemnation from their npc soy-boy coffee group.

When the lies are more-than-obvious (he’s racist, for example) and one still chooses to pretend to believe it, then it says a whole lot more about them and their hateful beliefs than it does about the lying media who feeds them their EVERY thought.

I notice that NOT ONE of the usual detractors has commented on the absolute FAILURE of the mueller ‘get trump’ hoax we had the other day.
And that is most definitely because they haven’t been given their narrative by the media yet. The media don’t want to give them a narrative because the ONLY narrative possible is: no collusion, no obstruction, second term guaranteed.

It’s far better for the hivemind to forget all about it than to let them know they’ve failed.

The safe spaces must be very crowded this week.

(post by JedemDasSeine removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As an outsider and participator of one of the prominent threads that were going around here in the past and ongoing, I'm still a fan of the president for what he has done so far.

He still holds up to his promise and I applaud for that. for more than two years now I've not seen any wars started other than political wars of opponents that rather see misery than the prosperity of the USA and the world.

Personal issues and seeing good people getting abandoned lead me from not going on with the search for the truth but, I'm happy for those who are still going on with finding the evidence and finally see it bare fruit for rooting out offenders within the high-level politicians and businessmen like Jeffrey Epstein.

The Swamp people are getting drained as it should be..

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Actions Speak a Billion Times More than Mere Words . Doers DO , and President Donald J. Trump is a DOER . A Man of Superior CONVICTION and WILL POWER . The Greatest President this Country EVER Had . Someone here want to DEBATE me on my Premise > ? ...

edit on 26-7-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Well, being that none of us were alive during a large majority of presidencies, it is tough to claim EVER. Since Reagan for sure.

I for one would like to see Reagan's and Trump's face put on Mt. Rushmore in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

People who beleive trump is dumb, obviously didn't pay attention to the way he methodically dismantled the old guard Republican party establishment, while simultaneously forming a grass roots common man base, despite the fact that he was initially seen as a silver spoon NY wise ass conman billionaire.

That was not an accident. He saw an opportunity to exploit the situation, and like he has throughout his entire career, he made the most of it.

Was it partially ego driven? Undoubtedly, but that was secondary, IMO, to the fact that he saw the country he loved heading down a path he despised.

He has the uncanny ability to make everyday working class average joes and josephines feel like he is one of their own. That is no easy trick either, as a majority of ppl had become cynical, to the point they beleived nothing any politician said.

His base of supporters included many unlikely factions like the very conservative religious right, despite the fact that they had almost nothing in common.

He draws rock star like, standing room only crowds at almost any size venue. People wait hours in all kinds of weather to hear him speak.

I could go on but the point is that he is not stupid, and he has an innate ability to "connect" with a large variety of ppl.

Even ppl that don't care for the rhetoric, the twitter wars, and the namecalling realize that his policies on things such as trade relations, foriegn affairs, and the economy are largely supported and quite successful.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
The Greatest President this Country EVER Had

Yes , Even a Jewish Elvis was Great too . You Maybe got a Problem with dat China Man ?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
Even ppl that don't care for the rhetoric, the twitter wars, and the namecalling realize that his policies on things such as trade relations, foriegn affairs, and the economy are largely supported and quite successful.

All well-stated & observed, Mach. Keeping promises and reversing damaging globalist policies. I can live with that.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

I was Born during President Dwight D. Eisenhower's Term in Office , and have Never seen a President Not Lie on a Consistent Basis until Donald Trump took Office . He is a Rare Political Anomaly , a Gift to this Country . History Will Confirm this .

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

UndMirEinBisschenMehr

That china man comment wasn't racist, nor dumb.

I'm just glad Trump gets not judged by some of his supporters!

No Clue

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join