It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Intel Report: Russia 'exploited the seams' in US election security defenses in 2016

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

well it seems to work for alcohol, cigaretts, social programs, doctor visits, driving, flying on planes, buying tickets on trains.

but not for voting, hmmmmm

yep DNA testing then, that is not racist at all.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: vor78

Because carding people works so well, right?

This is true. Fake identities seem to be the chief export of latinos in SoCal, particularly around Alvarado street. My fear with voter ID laws is that an ID can be forged quite easily. This is why border security is so important.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You can never be a sucessful politician, given your "wants". Unless you are lying through your teeth. Best of luck with that list though!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I'm just waiting for stage II where I don't "care" about elections and I'm a Russian agent because I haven't expressed a "want" for honest elections.

Honest elections.

Again, like looking for an honest politician.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: Liquesence

Smh.

Don't you want our elections to be as safe and secure as possible?

I do. Lets start with a national voter ID law.

We have voter ID laws.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

One would think that foreign government(s) hacking into US voting systems with the potential to compromise elections would be a non-partisan issue that would unite Americans as patriots of their country.

Guess not.

I wish! This is also what i say about prison reform and eliminating punitive justice for non-violent criminals. There is no such thing as a non-partisan issue from what i tell... every issue has two sides. Even illegal immigrants casting illegal ballots have equal rights to US citizens i guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm just waiting for stage II where I don't "care" about elections and I'm a Russian agent because I haven't expressed a "want" for honest elections.

Honest elections.

In these times if you are not a pinko commie then you are a facist. :-p

Just ask AOC.
edit on 25-7-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

We have laws intended to prevent foreign election interference, too. Those aren't too effective, either.

Granted, I was mainly just curious to see what kind of response I would get to a generic suggestion of additional election security at the ground level.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Smh.

Don't you want our elections to be as safe and secure as possible?

Sure!

I also want honest politicians.

I want a prostate that works.

I want comfortable shoes.

I want a lot of things.

"Wanting" something is just more virtue signaling. I "care" about the "integrity" of our elections.

I "want" a honest election process.

There's an old saying about wanting in one hand and pooping in another and seeing which one fills up first.

Gotcha.

Wanting without action is futile. Failure to act on what one wants, hopes for, or strives to achieve is futile.

The point is safe-guarding elections to the best degree possible. If a foreign entity (or even a domestic entity) tries to undermine one of our basic rights (voting) by finding a vulnerability and seeks to exploit that, does that warrant attention and action?

So why would we—you—not want to create the safest possible system—for all of us, left right, middle, etc, especially if it is discovered that this was happening?

This is about our country: America, it belongs to all us. Stand up for it, fight for it.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I bought booze and cigarettes all through high school.

How, you may ask? Well I'll tell you:

It's called a "fake ID". They also work at the welfare office, the hospital, the airport, your human resources department and even at the DMV itself.

But I'm sure they would never work at the polls.

Nah. No way.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Should have used the money spent on the Mueller investigation on election security

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Too bad barak stood by and sold us out.
I guess he really was more flexable like he previously told the russian rep.
F that guy.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

Should have used the money spent on the Mueller investigation on election security

Or the money Trump spends golfing, which is significantly more.

Tell McConnell to bring the election security bills up for a vote.

He won't. Why?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Laws in themselves do not prevent, just as laws do not prevent murder.

Buts laws to strengthen our election system, on the other hand...

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: thedigirati

I bought booze and cigarettes all through high school.

How, you may ask? Well I'll tell you:

It's called a "fake ID". They also work at the welfare office, the hospital, the airport, your human resources department and even at the DMV itself.

But I'm sure they would never work at the polls.

Nah. No way.

Indeed. I learned years back that the majority of the population in Brownsville Texas has the same social security number. ID's have their flaws, but I suppose youd have to be pretty ambitious to obtain a fake ID for the purpose of casting a vote in the election, dont ya think?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I'm just waiting for stage II where I don't "care" about elections

If you are against safeguarding them as much as possible against foreign (or domestic) influence, then yeah, maybe you don't.

Honest elections.

Does that mean we shouldn't try, or that we should be simply apathetic?
edit on 25-7-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Instead of creating more laws, why not just elect people with integrity?

The fact is, the very same people who are running our elections have the integrity of sewage.

So creating more "laws" just ultimately will reduce our freedoms at some point, because the people WRITING the god-damned laws have no integrity.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Maybe.

Assuming the poll workers actually GAF and abide the law.

Not holding my breath.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
In my opinion, Russia was exploring by accessing the voting infrastructure in all 50 states. They could move on to "fixing" the vote in 2020.

Republicans aren't doing enough to stop this. Mitch McConnell certainly doesn't see to be in favor of election security!

It is, however, vital for a Democracy to function - without fair voting, the people's words aren't heard, and it takes away the government's mandate to rule, as well.
edit on 25pmThu, 25 Jul 2019 19:45:22 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I get that you like freedom, are you a libertarian? I used to be, as well, and still have some libertarian streaks. My opinion now is that not acting to defend our elections makes one complicit in the interference.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join