It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Bitter Old Coot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Gonna say. You let this guy trigger you. Why so angry? The guy is probably old and just not as enlightened as yourself. Doesn't necessarily make him a worthless human being Racial prejudice is quite common but not pretty. Maybe just be a little more accepting for those with different perspectives than you. Not accepting of his opinion but of him as a customer. That's all he is to you, deserving of your respect as it relates to your job as, why you are there.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Justso

Okay

Why so angry? Same reason other injustices anger me. That's honestly a stupid question. I don't insult my customers or make racially charged remarks directed toward them or anyone. As such they are expected to behave civilly as well. No, in my mind if your "difference of opinions" involves any form of racism, you shouldn't be on the team. He is most certainly a worthless human nothing. Crustaceans surpass him in the empathic pecking order.

Addressing your second point, I was never dude to him, only a curt "yeah, sure" were our parting words. Also, I've already been greenlit to ban him from the store by not my boss, not the GM but the owner.

Hearing that was primally satisfying, I must admit.

edit on Cam12Monday3020193931Mon, 22 Jul 2019 00:30:39 -05002019 by CagliostroTheGreat because: To clarify

edit on Cam12Monday3220190131Mon, 22 Jul 2019 00:32:01 -05002019 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Add a space

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Bone75

I'd hate to believe that some external catalyst has emboldened the racist among us but that is not for me to say, nor the topic of my rant.

Oh just say it!

Orange

Man

Bad

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Bone75

I see you revel in mediocrity. How cute.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Justso

Okay

Why so angry? Same reason other injustices anger me. That's honestly a stupid question. I don't insult my customers or make racially charged remarks directed toward them or anyone. As such they are expected to behave civilly as well. No, in my mind if your "difference of opinions" involves any form of racism, you shouldn't be on the team. He is most certainly a worthless human nothing. Crustaceans surpass him in the empathic pecking order.

Addressing your second point, I was never dude to him, only a curt "yeah, sure" were our parting words. Also, I've already been greenlit to ban him from the store by not my boss, not the GM but the owner.

Hearing that was primally satisfying, I must admit.

Assuming this interracial couple was a black guy and a white girl, how stupid would you feel if the white guy is gay and thought you were too?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Bone75

What if I am and was totally into it?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Bone75

What if I am and was totally into it?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

To preface this rant, some background information: I work as a clerk at a convenience store in North Carolina. Now, I am no stranger to rudeness, air head customers or people forgetting to remove the gas pump from their car. I've seen parking lot brawls erupt over bathroom usage, I've kicked drunks and panhandlers off our property, called the police on people I suspected were up to no good.

In short, I've seen and heard a lot in my field of work. Dealing as much with the public as I do, I had thought that not much would shock me anymore. After all, I had seen a woman just the week before come in beat up and bleeding from facial cuts and begging me to call the police because her boyfriend had just beat her up. So when I had the grueling displeasure of dealing with this, I would typically use the word gentleman here but this man was anything but so we'll replace that honorific with a title more suited for the mentally stunted, say... Ingrate? Yes, I rather like ingrate at the moment.

Now, I had just finished ringing up a lovely young interracial couple and, having completed the transaction, I bid them good night and turned my attention to the ingrate behind them, a 50 something white man dressed in a mechanic's get-up. As he reached the resgister I asked, "Hi, how ya doin tonight?" to which this inhuman pile of regurgitated pond scum says to me with a straight face, "Good until I seen that S***." followed immediately by a perfunctory and rhetorical, "but I should keep y mouth shut." Needless to say I was and still am appalled. Being behind the counter and not losing my job I muttered an unmistakably blunt, "Yeah, sure." as he said have a good one and left.

I've been working in this field for almost six years and this is the first time anyone has directly and without a veil made racially charged remarks toward me regarding other customers. It's sickening and disheartening to hear.

So here's to you ya bitter old coot. I hope one day you'll see how full of hate and bile you are and maybe change your ways. However, I'm not holding my breath.

In the history of things that never happened, this never happened the most.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

People like that are just stuck in some twisted dimension of idiocy.
Dude sounded like a creep.
He’s probably still living in his mother’s trailer with 2 confederate flags waving on the porch.
On hot days they leave the trailer door open and if you walk by you can hear American History X - VHS, being played over and over.
Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if the guy was authoring Mein Kampf 2.
Sick scum bag.

Have you actually seen American History X? You think that a movie about a former Neo Nazi being reformed and realizing the idiocy of his ways is a big hit amongst the Neo Nazi crowd?

Seriously?

I think that you and I watched 2 very different movies.

I wonder also if you have the same level of hate and vitriol for a black man that doesn't believe in race mixing or an Asian woman that believes the same.

Actually I dont wonder at all because I'm pretty sure that you would offer up some mealy mouthed platitudes excusing their mindset while spewing hate and insanity at any white person who feels the same.

Now, I know that you'll offer up some nonsense that "of course I believe it's wrong for anyone to be against interracial relationships" and we all know that would be 100% a lie.

edit on 22-7-2019 by JohnS23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
JohnS23

Head meet Sand.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Not being a North American, or ever living in the USA, I can only wonder at peoples attitudes and what "Things" are like over there. ATS certainly has a cross section of views from USA folk.

While I can see someone being a little peeved at the gentleman's comment, in the PC hate white people World of nowadays, but Im a little confused why You Sir, are so angry as to take it to the World Forum.

So, you say, you have seen huge brawls, kick out drunks, helped a lady that had been physically assaulted, etc etc, but you are Most offended and worked up, over a simple throw away line, by some person, who perhaps, tried to identify some "White" comradery with yourself. I am presuming you are a "White Fella", like this "old Coot" as you refer to him.?

Dare I ask, were the brawls, drunks, abusive boyfriends etc that you have attended to, Mostly "Black fellas"?

And the "Interracial couple" you observed, were they a Black fellow and a white woman?

There seems to be a distinct movement of Black guys towards White women, appearing to be some sort of status symbol, look at me type of thing, so prevalent in society now.
Apparently Black women over there, are getting quite put out, that "Their" men are chasing the white meat, instead of the dark meat.

Either way, your anger towards this person seems out of proportion to other experiences you have had on the job, it seems.
How do you know this "Old Coot" isn't a charity worker, builds homes for poor people, runs an animal rescue farm, has a loving wife and 10 kids, and is a productive member of society.
Perhaps you could have said, "Well, that couple were nice, and seem to get along well, so it must be working for them....Have a nice day sir."

Either that, or hand him a guitar while you grab your banjo, and have a duel.

edit on 22-7-2019 by gort51 because: spellink

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
gort51

Not being a North American, or ever living in the USA, I can only wonder at peoples attitudes and what "Things" are like over there. ATS certainly has a cross section of views from USA folk.

While I can see someone being a little peeved at the gentleman's comment, in the PC hate white people World of nowadays, but Im a little confused why You Sir, are so angry as to take it to the World Forum.

I've already explained this. Read that before repeating yourself.

So, you say, you have seen huge brawls, kick out drunks, helped a lady that had been physically assaulted, etc etc, but you are Most offended and worked up, over a simple throw away line, by some person, who perhaps, tried to identify some "White" comradery with yourself. I am presuming you are a "White Fella", like this "old Coot" as you refer to him.?

White comradery? Oh shove it.

Dare I ask, were the brawls, drunks, abusive boyfriends etc that you have attended to, Mostly "Black fellas"?

Of course I can only attest to my own experiences but I would say 3 out of five times the couple is white but I also live in a predominantly white area and unfortunately lack the proper statistics to make any concrete conclusions.

And the "Interracial couple" you observed, were they a Black fellow and a white woman?

Yes, you are correct in that assumption.

There seems to be a distinct movement of Black guys towards White women, appearing to be some sort of status symbol, look at me type of thing, so prevalent in society now.
Apparently Black women over there, are getting quite put out, that "Their" men are chasing the white meat, instead of the dark meat.

Oh that's rich. Because basic white dudes aren't obsessed with Asian women, are they? Literally everythingyou just applied to black men can be applied to All men with all women. It's a simple fact of biology that humans are typically attracted to exotic looking partners. It's why so many GIsin WWII came back with Japanese girlfriends. Same in Korea, same in Vietnam. I think I've made my point.

Either way, your anger towards this person seems out of proportion to other experiences you have had on the job, it seems.
How do you know this "Old Coot" isn't a charity worker, builds homes for poor people, runs an animal rescue farm, has a loving wife and 10 kids, and is a productive member of society.
Perhaps you could have said, "Well, that couple were nice, and seem to get along well, so it must be working for them....Have a nice day sir."

I'll give you that. I should have said that.

Either that, or hand him a guitar while you grab your banjo, and have a duel.

He did have a purty mouth...
edit on Cam3Monday0620195231Mon, 22 Jul 2019 03:06:52 -05002019 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Formatting

edit on Cam3Monday0820190531Mon, 22 Jul 2019 03:08:05 -05002019 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Formatting

edit on Cam3Monday0820192831Mon, 22 Jul 2019 03:08:28 -05002019 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Formatting

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnS23

BAHHAHA!!

Thank you for this!
A little monday morning muggin'

Let me guess, you felt all high and mighty writing that hahaha.

To you young man, I tip my hat and say have a wonderful day!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Yeah, unfortunately people like that still exist in the world and they come in all shapes and colors. Something similar happened to my wife the other day. She works for a local optometrist as one of the techs that gets you ready for the doctor. Well, the other day a group of hispanic people came in for an appointment, 1 female and 2 males. The female was the one being seen and one of the males knew english so he translated for her.

Well, they were very rude with her, didn't really want to talk to her and acted like it was a hassle to answer any questions necessary. They were like this with the other ladies at the office as well, all except for one. The doctor they saw is a hispanic woman. Apparently when they were with her they were all polite and full of smiles. Now I must add that even though the doctor is hispanic, she doesn't know spanish, so it's not a language thing, it definitely came off as a racial thing.

I get a huge kick out of this because 2 days later we were leaving the store and we happened to walk past them on the parking lot. My wife casually whispered to me "Remember those people I told you about??" and I watched them as they walked past us. The female had a look of shock and disgust on her face as we walked by, not sure what was going on in her mind but you could tell she didn't like my wife and it felt like she didn't like seeing her in an interracial relationship.

The point being that yeah, there's still people like this out there, and there will always be. It's just how humans are. We'll find any reason to hate each other.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Onlyyouknow

He directly gestured toward them as they left, there are, unfortunately, no assumptions being made on my part. He made it clear what the source of his ire was.

My father-in-law lives in North Carolina. I live in New Jersey. I'm always amazed every 2 or 3 years I hear or see some blatant form of racism against black people in North Carolina. I just never hear the N word spoken with hate in New Jersey although I am sure racism still exists. But in NC they people just don't care about being politically correct. I still find it absolutely amazing by how much some people in the South hate black people. It's really strange. What is it???? Is it some kind of underlying slave revolt fear or something? I just don't get it.

edit on 22-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I've been working in this field for almost six years and this is the first time anyone has directly and without a veil made racially charged remarks toward me regarding other customers. It's sickening and disheartening to hear.

It is all over the internet. It is one of the reasons I have greatly decreased my participation in forums and opt out of almost all social media.

In a world where humankind is having to face a growing increase in catastrophes and struggles, it seems a sure way to speed up our problems. Maybe it is going to take an "Enemy Mine", situation for the scales to fall off the eyes and hearts of some.

edit on 22-7-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Sounds like what we see often in a human trafficking scenario. Not saying it was, but it has some of the same red flags.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

People like that are just stuck in some twisted dimension of idiocy.
Dude sounded like a creep.
He’s probably still living in his mother’s trailer with 2 confederate flags waving on the porch.
On hot days they leave the trailer door open and if you walk by you can hear American History X - VHS, being played over and over.
Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if the guy was authoring Mein Kampf 2.
Sick scum bag.

There is sadness in observing hate, generating more hate.

Find the way back to your happy place.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Just playing devil's advocate...

If you are in North Carolina, work with the public everyday for years, and this is the first big incident of open racism you have experienced?

While the dude is pitiful, it should say something. The way the media portrays the US, hordes of klansmen and nazis are swarming the streets 24/7.

Instead, most Americans feel racism is socially and morally unacceptable. They want nothing to do with it. Your post demonstrates that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join