It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it has captured British oil tanker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Mach2

I agree, let the Brits handle their business and America is there to lend a hand in any way they desire. At least in my perfect world that is what happens.

I'd say that's exactly what is going to happen. I'd bet the royal marines are on the way there as we speak. The UK is not just going to sit back and allow anyone to effect their British Petroleum profits.

I know what ever assets the Brits want to use from US forces in the area is at their disposal.

But my prediction is the UK will use military as a last resort they can do far more damage through financial markets.

That is true. Up until now, GB hasn't really been totally behind all the sanctions, as the EU is officially still abiding by the nuclear agreement. That was before Iran exceeded the uranium enrichment levels, though.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Needs? Where is that data from?

Canada at approx US$42 recouped all 2019..
US West Texas US$53..big gains...more if you research in detail. I'm close to this industry and multiple byproducts etal.

Oil prices "up" helps investors of so many exous-nations and those non/not of US corporate.

Listen...

The US will not let the consumer become pressed and Trump will make sure in an adverse event as it ripples through markets internationally will openly tout US production internally. Ergo agenda set for elections. Caption him 6 months from now...

mg

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Being close to the industry, you would know better than I.

As I understand it, the US is indeed a net exporter of oil, but that is irrelevant to prices. They are driven by worldwide supply and demand, which in turn, is controlled, to a large degree by OPEC production.

Is that accurate, in a simplistic way?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

US West Texas US$53..big gains...more if you research in detail. I'm close to this industry and multiple byproducts etal.

Oil prices "up" helps investors of so many exous-nations and those non/not of US corporate.

Listen...

The US will not let the consumer become pressed and Trump will make sure in an adverse event as it ripples through markets internationally will openly tout US production internally. Ergo agenda set for elections. Caption him 6 months from now...

mg

I think we are talking about different measurements. I was told that fracking needs to be about 80 dollars a barrel to be profitable, but then that was a few years ago. I think today it is about 50 dollars per barrel to just break even, but in 2014 fracking pretty much came to a halt as barrel prices went to 50.

As to the other numbers those are what each country needs to keep a strong and viable economy. The more socialized government control the more each barrel needs to be to support their economy.

Even with Canada today the Canadian dollar is 1.31 to the US dollar and back when oil prices were strong it was below 1 Canadian dollar to a US dollar...that is over a 30% decline in value and oil prices has driven that.

Russia and Venezuela has been getting their economy asses kicked due to the low price in oil and their needs for it to be much higher to support their economy and I'm sure that is all by design.

edit on 19-7-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The lengths to which leftist members here will go to to apologize and make excuses for the terrorists in Iran are incredible.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: missed_gear

Listen...

mg

I think we are talking about different measurements. I was told that fracking needs to be about 80 dollars a barrel to be profitable, but then that was a few years ago. I think today it is about 50 dollars per barrel to just break even, but in 2014 fracking pretty much came to a halt as barrel prices went to 50.

As to the other numbers those are what each country needs to keep a strong and viable economy. The more socialized government control the more each barrel needs to be to support their economy.

Even with Canada today the Canadian dollar is 1.31 to the US dollar and back when oil prices were strong it was below 1 Canadian dollar to a US dollar...that is over a 30% decline in value and oil prices has driven that.

Russia and Venezuela has been getting their economy asses kicked due to the low price in oil and their needs for it to be much higher to support their economy and I'm sure that is all by design.

I don't think your premise is reality, certainly not if you are using the US dollar as a comparison with respect to individual countries. All countries are not affected the same way.

At the most basic level, oil=energy. Energy=potential tangible economic output, therefore cheaper oil is benificial to any economy that is an importer. It is generally, but not necessarily, a benifit to exporting countries economies as a whole as well, unless that it a big share of its total exports, as is the case with Venezuela. Lower oil prices hurt the bottom line for corporations like Exxon Mobile, for example, but the overall economy sees a net benifit.

Countries like Russia, and to some extent Canada are hurt by lower prices due to the fact that oil is one of the few products they export on a large scale.

Countries in the ME like SA, UAE, Kuwait for example, may glean lower profits, but their exports are so vast, and the dollar amounts so staggering, that even $20-$30 per barrel difference has zero effect on the standard of living of the elites. The non elites are poor either way.

In the case of the EU, energy taxation rates, relative to actual cost, is so ridiculously high that it's not a "driving force" either.

I guess what I'm getting at is that although oil prices do have an effect, that effect is not universal in scope.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What's today's date......ah

Time for ww3.......the world wars all start on the 9th......of Av, I think 7 days away by the Hebrew calendar and August 11 on the other julian....no gregorian......hehe idk gregorian....final answer.....he he
edit on 19-7-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Petra137

I have to ask what the hell is going on in the back ground with all this?, Wars have been started over some fairly petty knob waving ego rubbish but what does Iran gain from provoking the west?.

#MIGA

They (IRGC) know there is a West friendly uprising coming and they are crapping themselves.

If they provoke a war with NATO then bombs will be dropped and the West will be the enemy once again.

#MIGA
MAKE IRAN GREAT AGAIN

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

I guess what I'm getting at is that although oil prices do have an effect, that effect is not universal in scope.

I agree with you and my list are all exporters that are hurt by the lower price. Personally I'm not complaining at all, and as you said the ME still make what they need by just increasing supply.

link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

originally posted by: Petra137

originally posted by: roadgravel

Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps said its navy has captured the British-flagged oil tanker "Stena Impero" in the Strait of Hormuz, according to Iran's state-run Press TV.

Link

Not much known at this time.

But it looks as though Iran needs a war. They keep pushing it.

Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps says it seized the British tanker for "violating international regulations," according to Iran's state-run Press TV.

I have to ask what the hell is going on in the back ground with all this?, Wars have been started over some fairly petty knob waving ego rubbish but what does Iran gain from provoking the west?.

If indeed that is what is going on as obviously covert action has never been undertaken to start a conflict has it.

If it is the case that a British ship has been seized then the next step in this situation is very very important and is either going to be shouty shouty over a big table with flags or bullets and dead people....

They want to shut down the strait and halt western trade. Gives them a bargaining chip.

I'd wager they are doing this at the behest of another country, for economic gain, and because Khamenei is a lunatic.

link   
Cool! What would Brits do if an Iranian oil tanker was boating around the English Channel these days?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

Is it breaking any laws?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Iran is being squeezed hard and is being left with little choice but to be doing stupid things like this so that war can be waged upon them. There will be war on Iran, the question is...who else is going to get involved?
edit on 19-7-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

So stopping their quest for nuclear weapons is not an option?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Iran is being squeezed hard and is being left with little choice but to be doing stupid things like this so that war can be waged upon them. There will be war on Iran, the question is...who else is going to get involved?

Yeah they have no other choice but to illegally seize ships. Poor Iran. It's not like they can just stop enriching uranium for a bomb and funding terrorism around the Middle East. That's not an option.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I see the way I worded that could lead some to assume I feel sorry for Iran, that’s not the case at all...
None the less they are being left with little choice, sure they could take steps to alter the path towards war the direction they are heading by ending their pursuit for nuclear weapons capabilities...
As for their part in terrorism that’s not going to change they are lost... too far gone to turn that corner...
What I was really eluding to is the fact that they are not taking measures to alter the course of action or war which is impending this makes me believe that other players will be backing Iran when war breaks out...

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Quite the opposite stopping them from producing nuclear weapons grade materials is the only option and any and all means will be employed to ensure that they do not, make no mistake about it the prospect is entirely to grave and poses
A severe global threat because of their ties to terrorism and the cowardly way they supply and support such endeavours...

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Who are you implying?
All of the signs point to a desprerate Iranian regime.
The reveloutionary guard is just their fall guy.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
The lengths to which leftist members here will go to to apologize and make excuses for the terrorists in Iran are incredible.

Not a "leftist" but I find it incredible how Trumpeters who didn't want any more foreign intervention and lauded Trump for his stance on no more foreign intervention still follow like sheep as he leads you toward more foreign intervention.

You guys are priceless , like your leader your opinions change with the wind.

edit on 20-7-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Not a "leftist"

I know its shameful but yeah, you are. I would be ashamed too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join