It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns it might resume nuclear and missile tests over scheduled U.S.-South Korean war ga

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Seoul, South Korea -- The North Korean regime has suggested it is rethinking whether it should abide by its moratorium on nuclear and missile tests and other steps aimed at improving ties with the U.S. A statement by the Foreign Ministry on Tuesday appeared aimed at applying more pressure on the U.S. as the two countries attempt to resume nuclear diplomacy.

The statement said upcoming regular U.S.-South Korean military drills that North Korea views as an invasion rehearsal were forcing it to rethink whether it should remain committed to the promises it made to the U.S.

The North said President Trump had vowed to suspend military drills with South Korea during his first and third meetings with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

North Korea warns it might resume nuclear and missile tests over scheduled U.S.-South Korean war games

Oh, yawn. Just yawn. Here we go again.

(As an aside, even if they do, they're never gonna actually use them. See my previous posts and threads on similar topics - I am of the strong opinion that no states here on Planet Earth will engage in nuclear exchanges this century.)

NK is only saying this and sabre-rattling because it wants stuff in return or whatever. NK is using this "nuclear weaponry" business as a bargaining tool or whatever. It's not (indeed, never) actually gonna nuke *anybody*.

So, yawn. Just yawn.

A "nuclear war" this century is about as likely as a super-advanced extraterrestrial species suddenly grandly revealing its presence/existence to the human race here on Earth. So...about as likely as President Donald J Trump being impeached this term.

Oh and did I mention - yawn.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
What do you expect from a country that has nothing to offer the world?
He has nothing else to bargain with.

Koreans are a smart industrious people.
Just look at the south.
Unfortunately the north has been choked by decades of militant dictatorship.
Dear leader is afraid of losing control.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If Trump genuinely promised not to hold the war games but is going back on his word then good on NK I say.
There can’t be peace if only one side is being true to its word.

With that said and with peace so close why would the US and South Korea poke the tiger?
Seems deliberately confrontational and stupid to me

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

That's a big if.
I honestly dont think Kim is all that stable mentally.
Hes 3rd generation dictator that's surrounded by his cult of personality.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Couldn’t agree more
Even more reason to not BS or provoke him

Does anyone know if Trump did in fact agree to stop the war games?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

North Korea warns it might resume nuclear and missile tests over scheduled U.S.-South Korean war ga

That's simply not possible. trump and lil kim are bros. They signed a document.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Remember that one bill Clinton had with korea?

How'd that work out?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Kim is just playing with Trump like a puppet.
The both never ever would press the nuke-button, because that's IMHO the end of the planet earth.

This kind of news is just like one great joke, keep 'em testing Kim.
I don't suspect that Kim is ready for a nuclear war.
And Trump, he has Kim in the pocket, does what he likes.
Now Trump makes a angry face, but never draws a red line, like Obama did...

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here's the inside story right from The DPRK ......

Because their deep state is trustworthy 😎

Trump breaks promise of Panmunjom Summit and plans joint Military Drills in South Korea!

PRK FM spokesman issues press statement

A spokesman for the DPRK Ministry of Foreign Affairs gave a statement to media on the 16th as regards the plan of the United States and south Korea to conduct the joint military exercise "Alliance 19-2" against the DPRK in August.

The statement said:
The United States says the projected exercise is a simulation drill to verify if the south Korean army has an ability to take over the right to command wartime operations. But it is as clear as noonday that the exercise is actual manoeuvres and war rehearsal to occupy the DPRK militarily by mounting a surprise attack and promptly sending large-scale reinforcements under the pretext of "containment" and "counterattack" in case of contingency.

Suspension of the joint military exercises is an issue to which President Trump with full command of the US armed forces, committed himself at the Singapore DPRK-US summit talks before very eyes of the world; it is an issue confirmed by the US President again in the face of the DPRK Foreign Minister and the US Secretary of State during the Panmunjom DPRK-US summit meeting.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
What do you expect from a country that has nothing to offer the world?
He has nothing else to bargain with.

Koreans are a smart industrious people.
Just look at the south.
Unfortunately the north has been choked by decades of militant dictatorship.
Dear leader is afraid of losing control.

That is in fact a lie. North Korea got isolated by US and SK naval blockade. US sanctions. What is NK suppose to do? NK isn't actually a militant dictatorship. It is more Imperialist under il.
edit on 16-7-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This just just standard North Korean behavior. They've largely been out of the news lately while everyone is focused on Iran. They just want some attention.

(post by face23785 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
With Korea starting to head back in the direction of reunification why should NK miss out on all the military games. I say load them up with paint balls, have a good splat then have a few drinks after.
edit on 16-7-2019 by kwakakev because: grammer

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Have to say i don't see North Korea nuking anyone nether.

Aside from possibly themselves by accident or the like.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The whole North Korea thing is overplayed, I don't see anything occurring other than people paying attention to something that is not going to happen.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: denydenial
The whole North Korea thing is overplayed, I don't see anything occurring other than people paying attention to something that is not going to happen.

Precisely.

Nothing much will come of this, it's just being used as a bargaining tool by NK.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Have to say i don't see North Korea nuking anyone nether.

Aside from possibly themselves by accident or the like.

This is probably my greatest fear. Same with Iran. (That being said, these countries do have a certain degree of self-sufficiency and know-how, so I won't give them too much grief, but still...)

top topics

join