It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veganism being Politicized.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I hear this term "soyboy" a lot on the internet. It seems to come from the right. And the meaning often presents a vegan as one who is weak, frail, hard-left, and lacking nutrients. Yet, there is vegan body builders, 20+ year old vegans living very healthy lives and professional vegan sport players.

Now, after listening to podcasts like joe rogans, I know there is a few people who have bodies that just don't work well with a vegan diet. However, that's only a few.

Why has veganism become politicized? Many right groups have adopted this attitude of anti-veganism to even websites like Infowars trying to push this idea that vegan is a globalist agenda. (At least, they did at one point in time)

Everything seems to be projected to a dualistic approach and I think it's very bad for society. We can't just discuss health without it being politicized. It really shows the stage we are in as a species. I hope we move beyond this attitude.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Veganism has been politicized for a few generations... where have you been?

Normally used by the left as an attempt to show they are more "woke" than us common folk and used as a tool to push the New Green Deal, among other things.

Nothing wrong with being Vegan as long as you don't automatically assume that everyone who isn't is somehow below you and needs taught how to be a better human.

My wife is Vegan, for instance.

Never seen her trying to lecture someone at a restaurant that is eating a steak.

The term "Soy Boy" came about as a way to describe the current crop of feminized "emotional" half-men or whatever that the left has turned their male children into.

Beta males sipping soy.... chock full of pseudo-estrogens that keep their toxic masculinity in check.

So it doesn't have as much to do with vegans as it does the left's version of what they would like a male to be.

An example of a soy boy for those of us women that are SO not interested in mating with them...

Hope that helped.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

If you don't kill and eat something with a rudimentary consciousness you aren't a man.

Been to America?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You can nip soy estrogen with broccoli or cauliflower, or other estrogen inhibitors. And you know it's only a very small percentage of the left that project this idea of toxic masculinity to an extreme degree.

Aren't you politicizing veganism by attaching vegan to these topic? By saying soyboy and other things? Why do you have to associate hard-left minorities with everything?

Also, I'm sure the stereotype of annoying vegans is only relative in ultra-liberal towns like Hollywood. I am vegan and I hate asking what is non-animal for every item in restaurants.

However, i regress, this is not about stereotypes but the influx of dualistic politics in everything!

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I live in America and dude... 99% of people don't kill their own animal and eat it......

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Also, would you disagree with me saying meat eaters are savage Neanderthals who only operate on urges?

No? Then why did you do the same for vegans? …

Honestly though, im sure there are quite a bit of those super emotional vegans or "meathead" jock jerky eaters. Stereotypes can be fun and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Again, my point was that now things are being more politicized than ever.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Vegans politicised it when they began trying to exercise control over what other people were doing.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I hear this term "soyboy" a lot on the internet. It seems to come from the right. And the meaning often presents a vegan as one who is weak, frail, hard-left, and lacking nutrients. Yet, there is vegan body builders, 20+ year old vegans living very healthy lives and professional vegan sport players.

hi alt-right here :

A Soyboy is vegan , but not all vegans are soyboy. I vegan. Vegan's can be very strong and it is a better lifestyle.

Soyboy is about soy not about vegan in it's origin.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I despise Vegans because they are as bad as proselytizing Christians who need you to accept their ‘religion’. They are invariably annoying, holier than thou and in your face about their eating choices. If they left others alone there wouldn’t be the negative stigma associated with veganism.

I don’t know if it is political as much as them being an annoying group of authoritarians and authoritarianism is generally a Leftist thing.
edit on 2019/7/16 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This has been on the cards for years, it's all part of the Global Agenda;

(2010) A global shift towards a vegan diet is vital to save the world from hunger, fuel poverty and the worst impacts of climate change, a UN report said today.

As the global population surges towards a predicted 9.1 billion people by 2050, western tastes for diets rich in meat and dairy products are unsustainable, says the report from United Nations Environment Programme’s (UNEP) international panel of sustainable resource management.

The Guardian

[...] And if you think it’s just those liberal Europeans who are planning to restrict the consumption of beef, think again, says Patrick Wood, a U.S. economist and expert on global governance who authored the book “Technocracy Rising: The Trojan Horse of Global Transformation.”

Wood says the attack on meat is global and – like many of the ideas that get made into policies by the White House, Congress and state legislatures – they originate at the United Nations and its agenda for “sustainability.”

[...] Wood said the ranching industry has been declared “unsustainable” by the U.N.’s Global Biodiversity Assessment.

“It’s about 1,200 pages thick and that is the working manual for U.N. Agenda 21, and they tell you in there what is sustainable and what is not sustainable and the list of things that are not sustainable include cattle, dams, roads, golf courses, all kinds of things.”

WND

There's plenty of articles and video on the subject, just do a search for 'UN Agenda 21 meat veganism', it should provide lots of results, 👍

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

There are no jokes about omnivorous people's diets. However....

A Vegan, a Crossfitter and an Atheist walk into a bar. How did I know this? They all told me within 5 minutes.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I have friends that claim to be vegan and unfriend you because you are not then walk around with leather purses and wallets snake skin cowboy boots and silver fox furs

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
What do we call women that act like men then? plenty of those around, just the opposite of a soyboy, and equally as unattractive!

I eat an all meat diet 90% of the time, can't stand vegetables and I have noticed the creep towards the push of less meat and more veg from all directions, groups with shady studies trying to influence government guidelines etc, it does really piss me off to be honest, thinking of more taxes and price hikes on meat, but I don't think it will ever fly, I hope not anyway.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Also, would you disagree with me saying meat eaters are savage Neanderthals who only operate on urges?

No? Then why did you do the same for vegans? …

Honestly though, im sure there are quite a bit of those super emotional vegans or "meathead" jock jerky eaters. Stereotypes can be fun and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Again, my point was that now things are being more politicized than ever.

I guess I missed the part where I called a vegan a savage neanderthal who only operates on urges.

I think the main difference is that a lot (not all) vegans seem to have to push on everyone else around them their innate superiority over people who eat normally.

Just as mentioned by others in this post... to some it seems to be a cult more than anything.

For me? I don't care what you eat, who you sleep with or what you do for fun as long as it is safe, sane and consensual.

Just don't push your ideology on me as being somehow "better."

The way I see it, protein intake from meat is the most self-sufficient and efficient way to do it.

Sure, you can work around it with a vegan diet, but try it on a self-sustaining homestead and you will soon find it economically unfeasible unless you live in a place with no winter season.

There isn't a vegan I know that doesn't rely on an outside supply chain to maintain their diet yearly.

If the lights went out in America or something else happened there would be no vegans in a few months.

So how is the lifestyle "natural" if you cannot sustain it without technology?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Had to quit the video when I said Paul Joseph Watson. He and others on infowars put out the nonsense that veganism is new world order agenda and spam videos and articles with half-as$ed research.

Plus you make no sense.. Soy is eaten by many animals and is in a lot of different (non-vegan) products. Therefore, soy can easily be effecting everybody. Especially since soy in those products or (possibly meats) are often highly processed gmo soy.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I think the main difference is that a lot (not all) vegans seem to have to push on everyone else around them their innate superiority over people who eat normally.

Well according to a study, 3.2 % of Americans are vegetarian, and only 0.5% are vegans, equating to about 1 million Americans. www.vegetariantimes.com...

So you're trying to say a portion of 0.5% of Americans is pushing everybody around with their "innate superiority". Well, you must be going out of your way to find these vegans and throwing yourself in front of them hoping they'll be that small portion that will insult you with their innate superiority.

Hmm... Maybe I should just make blanket statements that meat eaters are obnoxious and rude, who taunt non-meat eaters with their sense of superiority because I saw one video online of people eating meat inside a vegan store. Because that is exactly what you're doing.

Sure, you can work around it with a vegan diet, but try it on a self-sustaining homestead and you will soon find it economically unfeasible unless you live in a place with no winter season

Most people do not hunt, farm food, or grow crops. Most people get their food from a grocery store. So what is your point? That if the apocalypse came, then you will out survive vegans? What is the point of that argument?

If society calapsed, most meat eaters and vegetarians alike would die based on their reliance on society. NOT because of diet.

If the lights went out in America or something else happened there would be no vegans in a few months.

Same with meat-eaters. However, rice and beans provide a complete protein and can be stored for long periouds of time. Therefore, you argument again, has very little meaning.

I guess I missed the part where I called a vegan a savage neanderthal who only operates on urges.

That wasn't the meaning. I was saying how would you like it if I just went around making blanket statements about meat-eaters? There is no point in that and it's just negative stereotypes.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Shady studies? You should check out all the "studies" being paid for by various meat and dairy industries. There are always agendas abound. However, meat and dairy industries are giants. Immensely bigger than any vegan company or online newsletter. Meat and dairy have billions to protect and would lose a lot of money if just 3% of the population became vegans.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite
I have friends that claim to be vegan and unfriend you because you are not then walk around with leather purses and wallets snake skin cowboy boots and silver fox furs

Yea.. those are just generally #ty people you can find in all groups. The wanna-be rebel hipsters or whatever you want to call them.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Okay, that's funny.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Vegans/environmentalists/etc are political/social/economic saboteurs? You don't say......
edit on 16-7-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join