It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Protestors more trouble than they are worth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Yes, this definitely was in the correct forum!

Due to local and not so local Swampy types I’ve been sat on a stationary Bus for 25 minutes.

As much as I agree with the sentiment, causing gridlock at rush hour is causing more pollution and generally p!$$!ng people off. Not a great way to garner support.

Seems the Police are in attendance but they probably welcome that.

Rant over.

www.walesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
Yes, this definitely was in the correct forum!

Due to local and not so local Swampy types I’ve been sat on a stationary Bus for 25 minutes.

As much as I agree with the sentiment, causing gridlock at rush hour is causing more pollution and generally p!$$!ng people off. Not a great way to garner support.

Seems the Police are in attendance but they probably welcome that.

Rant over.

www.walesonline.co.uk...
(/quote)

At least someone has the bollocks to try to be heard...

What are a couple of crappy (I understand you...) traffic jams compared to the quality of life (Or lives) of your grandchildren and future generations of your family!?

Lags

edit on 15-7-2019 by Lagomorphe because: oooOOOOO!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Question::

How many of these people actually need to be in a office anyway?, I live in a location where businesses are fast moving to home working with company portals allowing a typical 9-5 to done in the comfort of one's home, conference calls, networking and project management...

It has cut down on sickness, it negates child care issues and it means zero hours commuting..

It is being done in other locations so why has the UK which is a place I visited last year and witnessed how over crowded it was not moved business to the home working model?, I heard it happened in London during the 2012 Olympics and by all accounts it worked a treat from my friends that it applied to, why was it never implemented?.

Stacking people in tall buildings sitting at a desk in overcrowded cities when we have the tech we know do just seems idiotic...

edit on 15-7-2019 by Petra137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Petra137

Working from home is an option but my job requires one of us physically on site to support our users.
It's getting that way slowly. A Mate's employer is actively pushing people to WFH 2 days a week.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

So freedom of speech is a problem for you if it interrupts your goings about.

Seems to me the best way to bring attention to any issue is to cause maximum peaceful disruption to as many as possible which in your case was causing gridlock at rush hour?? They are smarter than your ego gives them credit for.

Fair enough it's also your freedom of speech to say so. Oh the irony.

But perhaps, you should go live in china?????? You might fit in better there.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I've never understood how anyone could think that pissing people off is a good way to spread their message.

This didnt raise environmental awareness, all it did was show people that greenies are jerks.

I've said the same thing about colin kaepernick.
All he did was piss people off.
He didnt sway one damn person towards his viewpoint. Nobody new talks about the topic he is "protesting", all that's discussed is if kneeling is disrespectful to the flag.

So yeah, the majority of protesters are more of a pain in the ass than their worth..

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

You'll love this.
Listen to the first seven seconds then the last seven seconds. Reality strikes. High tech is vulnerable. Get the live musicians in.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What a load of shi## these greenies are. You really want an example of their care for the planet, look at the before and after pictures of the greenies wankfest Glastonbury. Man, they certainly left their mark with mountains of rubbish that someone else had to clear up.
Have any of you seen the trailer that emergency breakdown tow around in case your electric car runs out of power. A big diesel generator. That's really saving the planet.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

So freedom of speech is a problem for you if it interrupts your goings about.

Can you show me in the Constitution where it says their free speech gives them the right to interrupt the freedoms of others? Cause I don't think there is anything in there about blocking roads or preventing people from going to work.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I think you missed my point by a mile.

I fully support free speech but the method of protest does the cause no favours.

Read some of the quotes from protestors.

They cannot stand by and do nothing??? What.

Go into Politics, fight for the cause but don’t make everyone else’s commute a nightmare.

Funnily enough, those protestors who are unemployed are hindering those who work and effectively pay their way for them.

a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Apparently if you have a leftist cause then it’s okay to infringe upon your rights

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Also, funnily enough the NATO Summit a few years back was less disruptive than this.

Obama and his cronies hardly made any difference at all. And I worked right in the middle of the action.

a reply to: CthruU

edit on 15-7-2019 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join