It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dreaded Question On All Of Our Minds: Russia, After Putin?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Either way, let's ship the dems off. I

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Ha what if Vlad's gone already? What if he'e been replaced by a lookalike? You know what the Ruskies are like when it comes to doubles........................ What if he already got replaced by a double when TPTB in Russia realised years agomthat having a Putin in power works well for them and Russia?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Good question indeed! Imagine how many scenarios and playbooks CIA has for this very question. And how much post-self planning Putin has done! Then again...

edit on 7/11/2019 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think it will be fine. Russians aren't that different from americans. I believe their country is in a pretty decent place.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Good question indeed! Imagine how many scenarios and playbooks CIA has for this very question. And how much post-self planning Putin has done! Then again...

Guess he and Keanu had different plans...

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

What is worse. Him dying with no contingency plan in play, or him living long enough to insert the next Putin as dictator to continue his path?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
There’s a lot of western chauvinism in this thread.

Putin is looked at as a hero by many in the developing world, the Slavic world, and by many non-west (Catholic/Protestant) Christians.

While in the west he is portrayed as a Bond villain, many in the Balkans and the Middle East see him as the only one to stand up to American adventurism, EU mercantilism, an as the sole advocate for Christians in the Balkans, Arab world, and China.

In Russia he has the support of the most powerful industrialists and the majority of the electorate. He is more popular in his world than any US president in theirs since Reagan.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

When you kill and imprison any and all industrialists and politicians that go against you, you tend to have a lot of support among those who remain.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

When you kill and imprison any and all industrialists and politicians that go against you, you tend to have a lot of support among those who remain.

That doesn’t mean his support today is inauthentic.

He has killed off his rivals%

But that never happens in the west, right? Arkencide was never a thing.?

Everyone is giving a moment of silence for H. Ross Perot this week, because he was a 1992/96 presidential candidate with a massive populist following. Nobody seems to remember that he left politics because he said that the deep state had moles inside his campaign, and threatened to kill his grandchildren... but he was a loon. Because American power brokers don’t make threats like that

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

So Trump is killing off the Democrats? Cite a source please.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Of course not. But US history in the past 100 years has its share of assassinations, not only of presidents, but of a front runner, mere months before the election (Huey Long). Reagan’s nearly successful assasination was carried out by a friend of the Vice Presidents family, from when Bush was director of the CIA.

The maintenance of power requires opponents to be removed by intimidation or force. American politicians are not morally superior to 5e rest of the world in this regard. Since the US is The. World power, most of its victims are foreign heads of state; I.e., Salvador Allende, mohammad mosadegh, Abdel nasser, etc

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So then your post is simply wrong. I can accept that.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Honestly, you lost me there.

Wrong in your mind; that’s a given before I posted my first thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What is worse. Him dying with no contingency plan in play, or him living long enough to insert the next Putin as dictator to continue his path?

Rather a dictator with a firm grip and control than an imploded and fractured unstable Russia with nukes and no central power or authority.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have pondered this question on and off for years. A worse case scenario is a coup against Putin leading to a second Russian Civil War. The international community would have to face the prospect of Russia's nuclear weapons stock pile falling into the hands of non state actors or rival government. To what degree the opponents of the Putin regime would employ nuclear weapons or sell them to the highest bidder to fun the war is speculative.

Economically, the country could collapse in face of energy production ceasing. To what extent this would increase regional energy production in the forms of renewable(s) and deep sea mining in other parts of the globe is an interesting point to ponder. China may intervene in the civil war as "liberators", there true aim is to occupy natural resource rich Siberia. This would change China's gepolitical and geoeconomic outlook. Currently, China is looking south towards control of the South China Sea, and ending the U.S. lead alliance/international rules based order systems.

A more probable and peaceful scenario is a Soviet style succession. Putin is moved on by his closest inner circle into "retirement" or he steps aside for the chosen replacement. How his or replacement changes their rule over Russia and their foreign policy/international interests is another can of worms. A more aggressive stance towards western Europe (Russia invading western Europe) is a scary; but realistic outcome.

Upon the rise of deep sea mining, the new dictator of Russia, may push towards Japan, seeking territorial or mining claims. This would increase the risk of a Russia - Japan War. China's current international aims fit nicely into this outcome, if the U.S. does not join the war on the side of Japan.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 18-7-2019 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2019 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have pondered this question on and off for years. A worse case scenario is a coup against Putin leading to a second Russian Civil War. The international community would have to face the prospect of Russia's nuclear weapons stock pile falling into the hands of non state actors or rival government. To what degree the opponents of the Putin regime would employ nuclear weapons or sell them to the highest bidder to fun the war is speculative.

Economically, the country could collapse in face of energy production ceasing. To what extent this would increase regional energy production in the forms of renewable(s) and deep sea mining in other parts of the globe is an interesting point to ponder. China may intervene in the civil war as "liberators", there true aim is to occupy natural resource rich Siberia. This would change China's gepolitical and geoeconomic outlook. Currently, China is looking south towards control of the South China Sea, and ending the U.S. lead alliance/international rules based order systems.

A more probable and peaceful scenario is a Soviet style succession. Putin is moved on by his closest inner circle into "retirement" or he steps aside for the chosen replacement. How his or replacement changes their rule over Russia and their foreign policy/international interests is another can of worms. A more aggressive stance towards western Europe (Russia invading western Europe) is a scary; but realistic outcome.

Upon the rise of deep sea mining, the new dictator of Russia, may push towards Japan, seeking territorial or mining claims. This would increase the risk of a Russia - Japan War. China's current international aims fit nicely into this outcome, if the U.S. does not join the war on the side of Japan.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I agree with the last and most probable scenario - a more Soviet style succession.

I do not believe that we will see any violent or whatever coup. It would have already occurred before it was even remotely likely...

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Once the KGB Col departs then ,maybe, the Cold war II will end.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join