It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter Island Stones Decoded

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: purplemer

Why do NASA do work on ancient sites if they have nothing to do with the aerospace industry ?

can you please explain why NASA scientists would use their budget already under scrutiny to indulge in archaeology

Yes because ancient architecture is all about the stars. Very particularly stars and these cultures all say beings came down from space and shared information with them.

Thats why :-)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Why do NASA do work on ancient sites if they have nothing to do with the aerospace industry ?

can you please explain why NASA scientists would use their budget already under scrutiny to indulge in archaeology

Yes because ancient architecture is all about the stars. Very particularly stars and these cultures all say beings came down from space and shared information with them.

No, they don't.

Harte

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

No, they don't.

Harte

Oh come on Harte all the cool people bow to peer pressure and agree.....lol

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

No, they don't. Harte

They match up with very particular stars and alignments.

If this is not something you know anything about you should ask instead of being dismissive. If you need examples. Just ask.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

No, they don't. Harte

If this is not something you know anything about you should ask instead of being dismissive. If you need examples. Just ask.

How about you read your post I responded to, then post here what the hell that has to do with my response.

Harte

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

ok so given that this maybe true and they had an understanding of astronomy , their level of technology is no where near what NASA is capable of that our ancestors could only dream of.

Hubble telescope for example

so what new understanding can NASA gain from these ancient cultures limited view of the universes that we dont already have ?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

so what new understanding can NASA gain from these ancient cultures limited view of the universes that we dont already have ?

They may be able to gather data on repeating events such as comets or encountering debris clouds. Some ancient cultures also recorded supernovas that they happened to see, allowing us to get an idea as to the distances from these things. Of course, there's always the stories of the before time, when the civilization that tried to build itself up after the last big Ice Age was obliterated by the comet fragments hitting North America.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Take the Doggon Tribe for example. They have a cultural knowledge of Sirius A, B and C. C is still being discovered.

What does that tell you

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I came across this when i was still at school:

www.unmuseum.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

that may very well be the case with ancient cultures, but that is where it begins and ends for NASA

with nothing else to go on than oral tradition or a couple or rock carvings, there isnt much NASA can do science wise with that other than be impressed by the mystery and how they knew this information.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The statues on Rapa Nui are not aligned to any stars. But they are aligned to sources of freshwater .....

Rapa Nui (Easter Island) monument (ahu) locations explained by freshwater sources

Take the Doggon Tribe for example. They have a cultural knowledge of Sirius A, B and C. C is still being discovered.

What does that tell you

To be wary of believing something that has no corroborating evidence, just because you want it to be true?

rationalwiki.org...

edit on 14-8-2019 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

The statues on Rapa Nui are not aligned to any stars. But they are aligned to sources of freshwater ..... Rapa Nui (Easter Island) monument (ahu) locations explained by freshwater sources

No you are incorrect the Rapanui people had detailed knowledge of the night the night sky and celestial objects.

Have a look at megalithic astronomy on easter island. It is well documented.

adsabs.harvard.edu...
edit on 15-8-2019 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

To be wary of believing something that has no corroborating evidence, just because you want it to be true? rationalwiki.org...
[/quote

What you are doing here is thoughtless.

Have you bothered to study any of their over 3000 symbols. Have you listened to there stories from their mouths.

You want to debunk me go for it and and try but you will need more than a thoughtless link.

Lets talk about Sirius C. How did they no about a star we are still discorviing.

These people are the khemtic priest class from ancient egpt. They have the same gods as the Egyptians and worship the very same stars..

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I came across this when i was still at school:

www.unmuseum.org...

Thanks will read that. I am working on a great thread will keep you informed..

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

You may have read the book "hamlets mill" where this idea is expanded upon for every ancient civilisation and compares their astronomy with their myth etc

and they are all indeed linked by the heavens

they simply outline that we humans were good at watching the skies back then , because we didnt have TV
and we wanted to pass on our information , and what is more fixed and appears to be unchanging , is the night sky , and what a good way to pass on knowledge with something you dont need to build , but just talk about .

using the unmoving heavens to tell stories is nearly as good as building a pyramid that lasts thousands of years and doesnt change .

ANyways , its all very impressive of our ancient ancestors and the tenacity and sheer will to pass on stories and knowledge unchanged for millenia .

These people figured out the procession of the equinox , simply by eyesight and making sun dials

that's smart !

AS for the knowledge of Sirius A and B , well that's just a great mystery , just like the origins of life and how we are here having this conversation!

but check out hamlets mill if you havent already im sure you would love it !

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Thank you for your reply. I have not read Hamlets Mill but its on my reading list. I have spent a good amount of time of recent learning about procession and the big year and I am convinced now that its there for a very particular reason. I will be putting a thread up about the soon. Will send you a ping if you.

Happy days

:-)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

The statues on Rapa Nui are not aligned to any stars. But they are aligned to sources of freshwater ..... Rapa Nui (Easter Island) monument (ahu) locations explained by freshwater sources

No you are incorrect the Rapanui people had detailed knowledge of the night the night sky and celestial objects.

Have a look at megalithic astronomy on easter island. It is well documented.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Straw man, again.
You should change your user name to scarecrow or something.
Harte

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Have you bothered to study any of their over 3000 symbols. Have you listened to there stories from their mouths.

You want to debunk me go for it and and try but you will need more than a thoughtless link.

Lets talk about Sirius C. How did they no about a star we are still discorviing.

These people are the khemtic priest class from ancient egpt. They have the same gods as the Egyptians and worship the very same stars..

The Dogon have zero connection with ancient Egypt.
The Dogon were NOT some "isolated tribe," several of them having fought alongside other Allied powers in WWII.
Several Dogon were educated in Europe.
A follow up on Griaule's study, the SAME Dogon members that Griaule interviewed flat out stated that it was Griaule that told them about Sirius C, which was being speculated about at the time by European Astronomers.

I put this information here for readers with the capability for rational thought. I realize that you yourself will refuse to believe this and will dismiss it so that you can continue to live in a fairy tale world.

Harte

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

The Dogon have zero connection with ancient Egypt.
The Dogon were NOT some "isolated tribe," several of them having fought alongside other Allied powers in WWII.
Several Dogon were educated in Europe.
A follow up on Griaule's study, the SAME Dogon members that Griaule interviewed flat out stated that it was Griaule that told them about Sirius C, which was being speculated about at the time by European Astronomers.

I put this information here for readers with the capability for rational thought. I realize that you yourself will refuse to believe this and will dismiss it so that you can continue to live in a fairy tale world.

Harte

There you go again Harte stomping on people's dreams and beliefs. Next you'll be telling me the Smithsonian doesn't have a warehouse of giant skeletons in its 4th sub basement high security vault beneath the Air and Space museum.

Dream killer.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Thats funny cas they have the same god sets with very similar names as the Egptyians. They have the same worship of the same stars. (sirius a b / c being the same as the great pryamids. They focus on the same star as the Egyptians and most importantly. That being Sirius. In there own words they come from the khemetic preistclass. This is oral tradition that has been passed down for thousands of years.

So I will now ask you what gives you the right that you think you know more about a cultures history than they do.

For evidently from your reply you know less than most.

Trot on Trevour

:-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join