It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Presidential candidate Ross Perot dies at 89

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

A self-made businessman, he pioneered the computer data industry by founding Electronic Data Systems in 1962.

But he was best known for running in the 1992 campaign, advocating balanced budgets and calling for an end to the outsourcing of jobs abroad.

Democrat Bill Clinton won the three-way race, in which Mr Perot took almost 19% of the vote.

Incumbent George HW Bush was defeated.
BBC

The timing couldn't be any weirder on this one. I personally would go with occasms razor here as Perot was in old age, but the world couldn't be any stranger with how events line up.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

A self-made businessman, he pioneered the computer data industry by founding Electronic Data Systems in 1962.

But he was best known for running in the 1992 campaign, advocating balanced budgets and calling for an end to the outsourcing of jobs abroad.

Democrat Bill Clinton won the three-way race, in which Mr Perot took almost 19% of the vote.

Incumbent George HW Bush was defeated.
BBC

The timing couldn't be any weirder on this one. I personally would go with occasms razor here as Perot was in old age, but the world couldn't be any stranger with how events line up.

Country would be a better place economically had people listened to Perot....

He told people their jobs were going to be sucked out of the country and he got laughed at....

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I always liked what Perot had to say but I will always say he was the reason bill Clinton won the election.

His conservative views took millions of votes from bush sr.

Either way, condolences to the family

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think everyone agrees he's why Clinton won. He certainly seemed like a good and passionate man though.

May he and his family fine peace.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This man is a huge reason I took an interest in politics. He was one of the few honorable presidential candidates in our lifetime and the world will miss him.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Im too young to remember these debates... But I love how Bill has the same benzo'd-out look 27 years later.

Also, you could tell from body language alone that papa Bush was made nervous by what Perot was saying.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Had Perot been taller and had his voice not been so squeaky we might by now have had an established three party system. He was just the wrong person for those debates in 92.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
a reply to: Edumakated

Im too young to remember these debates... But I love how Bill has the same benzo'd-out look 27 years later.

Also, you could tell from body language alone that papa Bush was made nervous by what Perot was saying.

I remember the debates vividly. I think Perot would have probably won if we had social media back then. Much like leftist today, Clinton benefited from a favorable media at the time (he was on MTV telling chicks what kind of underwear he liked, playing sax on Arsenio Hall show, etc).

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Had Perot been taller and had his voice not been so squeaky we might by now have had an established three party system. He was just the wrong person for those debates in 92.

Yeah, his Texas drawl didn't come off as polished. Some people can't look past HOW you say things and really hear WHAT you are saying.... oh wait, we have a POTUS with the same issue.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Though I had been voting alternative candidates before and after that one election I did not vote for Perot. Clinton had been at the bottom of my demlist but I did vote for him that one time because I thought that we needed to get away from daddy bush , Reagan machine as quickly as possible. If it took Clinton to do that then I could hold my breath. I didn't make that sacrifice of my own mind in 96 though.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

I rewatched those debates going into the 2016 election to broaden my scope of what our country has been dealing with.

It was like a parallel debate, all the same topics hit... In fact, I even thought Trump was a plant to pull a Perot power move for Hillary. It was eerie.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
This man is a huge reason I took an interest in politics. He was one of the few honorable presidential candidates in our lifetime and the world will miss him.

I also liked him. I still have a 1' x 2' lawn banner in the garage that we had on our front lawn. I knew he was right, and look where we are now. Exactly as he said

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I could say many things both good and bad about his politics but this is neither the time nor place. But I will say at least he got to finish.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Rush was saying he thought Ross Perot and the Bush family were feuding over something, and that's why Ross ran. I could believe it. As others have said, Ross was right about a lot of stuff. RIP.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I have questions....

1. How many times does he die at 89?

2. Does he always die at 89?

3. How does he come back to life and die again at 89?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
RIP ROSS

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I have questions....

Is this supposed to be a Mandela Effect reference? I mean, the age checks out with his age in 1992.

I remember wanting to vote for Perot because I agreed with a lot of what he was saying, AND, I was never a fan of GHWB. I think if he hadn't pulled out for awhile, he could have won.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I have questions....

Is this supposed to be a Mandela Effect reference? I mean, the age checks out with his age in 1992.

I remember wanting to vote for Perot because I agreed with a lot of what he was saying, AND, I was never a fan of GHWB. I think if he hadn't pulled out for awhile, he could have won.

Nope. Just my weird attempt at morbid humor. The headline that "Ross Perot Dies" seems to imply that dying is something he does all the time. It doesn't say he died. It says he dies. If you said that "Ross Perot Drives" you would be saying it's something he does a lot and will do again. He can't die more than once so to say he dies makes no sense.

top topics

join