It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese clone of Seahawk helo

page: 1

join
share:
GD

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Seems that the Chinese have deployed a Clone of the US Navy's Seahawk. Once operational, the helicopter could give the the PLAN an anti-submarine warfare platform that would be important in protecting the Type 002 carriers they starting to develop. It's designated the Z-20 and was deployed aboard a modern Type 055 destroyer.

PLAN Seahawk clone

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Isn't innovation the basic idea in war toys?
I got my money against cheap knock-offs.

GD

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree Well, ideally, yes. The Chinese did save decades of time and billions of Renmimbi by copying US weapons systems. So, I'll agree that my iPhone is substantially better than a Xiaomi knockoff, the Chinese can kill a whole bunch of people in Taiwan with those knock offs. It's a very, very efficient way for a regional power with global ambitions to advance.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Article about helicopter.

Pictures of ships.

Okay

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
FOlks online have been calling the Z-20 the CopyHawk for a while. I strongly resist that sort of talk, but, uh, damn:

Sauce for the latter:

china-defense.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Why not? They had almost five years of access to the S-70s that were used by the GFS in Hong Kong before they were sold back to the US.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Any 3D designer worth his weight can grab a 3d Model offline and slice and dice it to get the shape.Hand those to a team of aircraft engineers and they can fill in the rest..
Mh60 3d models

top topics

join