It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scheduled Server Maintenance TONIGHT 10:00pm Eastern (US) - 12:00am Eastern (US)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The errors in the browsers console are client-side. The 403 errors are probably not related to the live page not updating properly

When you visit one of the feed urls, no error is displayed. My best guess is a caching problem at the server.

edit on 8/7/2019 by chrismir because: Layout & typo

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
went on a friends computer and went to ATS to the Live page (literally just minutes ago) and the live page popped up promptly (IE see pic). And I'm truly sorry your still having problems. I have passed along your concerns and frustration to the rest of Staff.

Live works fine for me, but this one does not:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, this one, which I have been using since forever to monitor top/trending topics:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: also, forgot, I use a news scraper called DailyRotation (dailyrotation.com), and it uses this link, which also has not updated since the site updates:

feeds.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-7-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Live works fine for me,

Oops, correction...

It shows the correct date at the top above the list of threads - but the content hasn't updated, even though it shows each thread had been updated '52 minutes ago' or the like...

So, I was wrong - Live doesn't update for me either.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for acknowledging the issue. it's frustrating to know there is a problem, but have those who could fix it, pretend it isn't an issue. Since you have been so nice, I decided I won't be seeking my refund for this month's service. And I will put in for a 10% bonus for your salary. For budgetary purposes, what exactly is 10% of nothing again?

Be safe, and tape a pillow to your head. In case things fall from the top shelf.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Just for those keeping an eye on things in this thread. As it's been a widespread problem this topic has come up in numerous other threads - about the Live topic and Ads.

I'm just relaying the latest. Here's some quotes from Springer.

originally posted by: Springer
This page is temporarily disabled for db maintenance. Should be back up soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

and then.

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: Qumulys

No it's not... I just found out tonight that S.O. is doing some db maintenance and the live page had to e disabled till it's finished.

He said it should be "soon" that it's back up and running again.

So SO did it on purpose for some database upgrades. At least its good to know it should be coming back soon!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
C'mon get happy at least ...😎

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Next verse same as the first .....

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Main pg still showing old news :/

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
While you're offline, maybe you can have your software team fix the misplaced comma in the "posted on" date that appears at the top of every thread.

That errant comma has been driving me crazy for several years since you redesigned your site.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Thanks all involved, Live page seems to be working again! *pops cork*

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
Thanks all involved, Live page seems to be working again! *pops cork*

It's all courtesy of the Magic of Bill... the SkepticOverlord (and of course little tiny ats nano-elfs that can climb into the machine and fix code)!

So kudos and thanks all go to him for bailing out our daily inquisitive addiction known as ATS.

edit on 7/10/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Darn T Y P O s

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
Thanks all involved, Live page seems to be working again!

Live may be working, but Feeds still is not:

Because I see this one in my news scraper (DailyRotation.com), I'd really, really like to see this one fixed as well...

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

As was previously mentioned, in order for us to get a better idea of a possible glitch and to facilitate any needed repairs, you need to send in a report with as much information about the problem, what OS & Browser your using and when you first noticed the problem. I'll repeat what was posted just a page earlier since some may have missed it....

...By The Way... (and this is for everyone on ATS)

If at any time you have a glitch or suspicion about some area not up to 'snuff' (do they still say that?), please feel free to message us at the CONTACT ATS PAGE. Once it's in our system (via the Contact page), were able to get the movers and shakers on it to fix the problem. We might not always reply that we got it, but that doesn't mean that were not ontop of it. ATS is a very large site and we try our best to keep everyone happy and chugging along.

Thanks
Johnny

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sorry... done, as suggested.

Thanks again!

a reply to: tanstaafl

As was previously mentioned, in order for us to get a better idea of a possible glitch and to facilitate any needed repairs, you need to send in a report with as much information about the problem, what OS & Browser your using and when you first noticed the problem. I'll repeat what was posted just a page earlier since some may have missed it....

If at any time you have a glitch or suspicion about some area not up to 'snuff' (do they still say that?), please feel free to message us at the CONTACT ATS PAGE. Once it's in our system (via the Contact page), were able to get the movers and shakers on it to fix the problem. We might not always reply that we got it, but that doesn't mean that were not ontop of it. ATS is a very large site and we try our best to keep everyone happy and chugging along.

Thanks
Johnny

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I've noticed the bottom-of-the-hour slowdown is creeping back. Had two episodes of it yesterday around :28/:29 after through :32/:33 after. Had another episode of it 20 minutes ago and this page and others I'm ogling just NOW finished loading.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hi!

Weirdness this morning as I went to pull up ATS and got " 503 Service Unavailable" error.

I didn't freak out or anything and just figured I would try later. This would have been around 12:15 EST. Checking on google, the error means "A 503 Service Unavailable error means that the website's server is not available, usually due to maintenance or server overloading."

So was there maintenance happening or overloading? An attack? Just wondering because reddit had the same issue. And this was for desktop access as mobile was still up and running.

Or should I fly off the handle bars and go directly after Kim Jong Un for messing with my internet?!!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Just a kinda late note to thank everyone that fixed the live page and all the other little quirks that seemed to infiltrate our pleasurable addiction to ATS ! AND, it was the Fourth of July Holiday Weekend, too !! Thank you so much.

God bless you and Godspeed to ATS...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Thanks
Johnny

Ok, I did as suggested, and sent follow-ups every few days, and since I have still never gotten a response of any kind almost a month later, I'm not even sure they are getting my emails, so I'm coming back here.

Feeds is still not working:

Because I see this one in my news scraper (DailyRotation.com), I'd really, really like to see this one fixed as well...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Ok, I did as suggested, and sent follow-ups every few days, and since I have still never gotten a response of any kind almost a month later, I'm not even sure they are getting my emails, so I'm coming back here.

Feeds is still not working:

Sorry that your still experiencing some problems, I've forwarded your concerns to the upper echelon.

Johnny

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Is it just my computer, or, is anyone else experiencing the "Flagged" column on the "Live" page is empty and not updating.

I'm sure the amazing techs here all ready know about it, but just confirming it...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join