It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repetitive, disturbing dreams about military service

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This has become haunting. Here military service is mandatory for everyone except females and jehova's witnesses. Civil service is an option, or going to jail, i think these days it is just surveillance via technology, not actual jail time. But in the year 2000 my choice was army, first 2 months as a recruit and then 7 months in the artillery. Then i was done with that and they let me go home and i celebrated like a half-brained animal.

But my time in army wasn't agony. I had no problems with salutes or calling people sir before i talk. I took it as a game, not as a humiliation. The bonding was great at the barracks. Someone's girlfriend had cheated, someone is falling apart due to stress, someone is homesick, and we talked. Or just had a coffee or coca cola and just sat down quiet for a while, still comforting and bonding.

But soon after the military service i started to see haunting dreams, nightmare-like, about it. They send me back to the service. I try to explain that i have already done this, served for 9 months back in 2000. I ask for them to check the computer databases about it and all my data is gone. So i am really frustrated in that dream, fully knowing that i have completed this responsibility and now i have to do it again.

One or a few of these dreams would be alright, but this happens every month at least once, for almost two decades now and i am asking if some of you ATS people would have any advice how to get rid of this?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I wouldn't know how to get rid of the dreams but for peace of mind you should get a physical document proving that you have done your service. Who knows if a 3rd world war starts again in Europe?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I wouldn't know how to get rid of the dreams but for peace of mind you should get a physical document proving that you have done your service. Who knows if a 3rd world war starts again in Europe?

I can't do that anymore. In 2015, i did this (optional) thing called something along the lines of "refusing the reserves" I had to spend 5 days in civil service center. I liked it, Vegan, vegetarian and meat food 2 times a day plus breakfast and supper. Great lectures and every kinds of people to hang out with. Some take that too as a punishment but i liked it.

About 6 years ago all Finnish reserves got a letter telling them where they would be placed in war-time situation. I was an assault rifle man in protection troops. Some people got scared by the letter, i just wanted the daily allowance for the five days to buy a cheap new television for me to watch ice hockey and documentaries.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hypnotherapy may help you Finn.

Or even 4 séances of Reiki.

Look up in your area Ericksonien Hypnotherapists or Reiki practitioners.

Just saying as now I practice both fields.

Careful to look at what others say when searching.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Hypnotherapy and Reiki.... Alright i need to study a bit about those. In the last decade when i fell down the rabbit hole and browsed ATS all the time without any source criticism i fell into all kinds of mental trouble. Now i am more careful.

I have been thinking about dreamcatchers and stuff. And my ex girlfriend is a neo pagan wicca and she could do some spells. I have also heard about burning white sage in the room before sleeping.

Rational, scientific, source-checked approach just does not seem to be enough anymore and these dreams make me weaker, or at least ruin the beginning of the day after the dreams.

But i will check your suggestions out, i know the words but i don't know what they really mean.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Hypnotherapy and Reiki.... Alright i need to study a bit about those. In the last decade when i fell down the rabbit hole and browsed ATS all the time without any source criticism i fell into all kinds of mental trouble. Now i am more careful.

I have been thinking about dreamcatchers and stuff. And my ex girlfriend is a neo pagan wicca and she could do some spells. I have also heard about burning white sage in the room before sleeping.

Rational, scientific, source-checked approach just does not seem to be enough anymore and these dreams make me weaker, or at least ruin the beginning of the day after the dreams.

But i will check your suggestions out, i know the words but i don't know what they really mean.

Both hypnotherapy and Reiki can only make your life better in one way or another.

You do your research and make the choice that you feel good with and please keep us updated with your choice/s and outcome.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 1-7-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

When I traveled to Beijing I had really disturbing dreams before and after I was in a Chinese prison.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Your reoccurring dreams are a result of your soul feeling like you have trained to kill, when infact thoust shall not kill.

Your soul is pleading with you by way of dreaming that when the day comes and it will that you will be recalled to defend democracy and freedom to reconsider.

Now I'm not saying it's bad to defend against tyranny and invasion but it certainly is bad to kill no matter what the reason.

Advice - do your bit but shoot to disable ie legs/arms do not shoot to kill as your being forwarned by your soul. If they try to put you back in artillery where of course you have no control of the impact of the rounds/shells except for a co-ordinate then you have a choice, a really big choice to make.

That choice is ignore your soul - kill and end up you know where, or refuse service and be labeled a coward or tyranny sympathizer.

This is why forced military service really sucks - it doesn't allow for the souls that hear the call to be themselves without shame.

Typical.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The training recieved is a basic platform of readiness.

If war broke out saying I've done my service won't cut it. The government will come calling for repayment of it's investment. Or else.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

ex girlfriend is a neo pagan wicca and she could do some spells.

Could she have accidentally unleashed something that may be affecting you?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Maybe your dream just represents unresolved obligations in another area.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Sounds to me like you have something against the military to begin with - from words/phrases that you use like " I took it as a game, not as a humiliation" or the fact that you had to spend time in some sort of military facility after refusing further service. In my opinion, you most likely dreaded this interaction with the military for a long time before you were compelled to serve - even if it was for such a short time. This being forced - obviously against your will - has had a profound effect on your psyche, even though it was apparently close to 20 years ago. You keep reliving this "being forced" to serve in your dreams, as its a fear of yours. As minor and passive as your story sounds to me, it has obviously caused you some sort of PTSD type symptoms. Spells, Reike, etc only benefit will be of a "placebo effect" scenario - and never, I repeat NEVER let ANYONE hypnotize you for any reason. You need to talk to a licensed psychiatric counselor to work through whatever the basis of your fears related to the military are - fear of losing your independence, having to kill someone, being killed or injured, etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Congrats. As per ancient indonesian/javanese hindu dream interpretation (primbon) , dreaming of being a soldier means you are going to be successfull and famous

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TSZodiac
Sounds to me like you have something against the military to begin with - from words/phrases that you use like " I took it as a game, not as a humiliation" or the fact that you had to spend time in some sort of military facility after refusing further service. In my opinion, you most likely dreaded this interaction with the military for a long time before you were compelled to serve - even if it was for such a short time. This being forced - obviously against your will - has had a profound effect on your psyche, even though it was apparently close to 20 years ago. You keep reliving this "being forced" to serve in your dreams, as its a fear of yours. As minor and passive as your story sounds to me, it has obviously caused you some sort of PTSD type symptoms. Spells, Reike, etc only benefit will be of a "placebo effect" scenario - and never, I repeat NEVER let ANYONE hypnotize you for any reason. You need to talk to a licensed psychiatric counselor to work through whatever the basis of your fears related to the military are - fear of losing your independence, having to kill someone, being killed or injured, etc.

Expert on hypnotherapy are we?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Double post

edit on 1-7-2019 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that, however nearly every published clinical study in the last 20 years on the subject have concluded (especially regarding this type of treatment's effectiveness for stress related disorders - like PTSD) that the results are "unclear" at best. There is also a heightened risk of abuse or complications based on the patient's level of susceptibility to suggestion. This can do more damage than good, as there are a lot of "practitioners" who have just enough knowledge and skill to be dangerous. I applaud your suggestion for the OP to do research into treatment options, and would urge you to do the same before suggesting such treatment. In my opinion, FAR more research needs to be done in this area - and until such time as a verifiably safe and effective course of treatment can be developed, its far safer to rely on a more conventional "tried and true" approach to helping the OP discover what is causing the symptoms that he is experiencing.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ever done any acting, like in a theater play? There's a common thing that happens with stage actors where they have nightmares about being called upon to do the play again long after it's closed, with no props or sets, and with you only remembering about a tenth of your lines (if any).

I think it's just your brain finally letting go of the anxiety that lingers with the situation. Putting it to rest.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
thank you for (not?) 'serving'

in advance!

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Your reoccurring dreams are a result of your soul feeling like you have trained to kill, when infact thoust shall not kill.

This makes sense. I actually liked shooting practices and competitions. Shutting away everything else from the world except myself, my assault rifle, and the target. It was even meditative a bit and i was good at it. But if the target would be another human being, not a cardboard target, i would rather shoot myself than the another one.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

ex girlfriend is a neo pagan wicca and she could do some spells.

Could she have accidentally unleashed something that may be affecting you?

That is possible, but i met her ten years ago and these dreams started almost twenty years ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join