It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovered A Cult Today And They May Have Committed Suicide On June 26th .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Today a random video suggestion on YouTube directed me to this Documentary about The Lord Our Righteousness Church.
Some background Info:

Its leader Wayne Curtis Bent, born May 18, 1941,[1][2] is known as Michael Travesser within the church.[3] Bent, once a Seventh-day Adventist pastor, left his denomination with others of like mind in 1987 and has since referred to that church as one of the "daughters of the great harlot" condemned in the book of Revelation.[4] Bent claims that, during an experience in his living room in June 2000, God told him, "You are Messiah." Bent has since stated, "I am the embodiment of God. I am divinity and humanity combined."[5] The group's website has been taken down several times and reinstated. It contains frequently-updated writings and videos, including a nearly two-hour-long documentary entitled Experiencing the Finished Work.

Furthermore :

A former church member has alleged that Bent told his congregation that "God told him that he was supposed to sleep with seven virgins," including the member's own daughters, then only 14 and 15 years old, although further investigation found this allegation to be untrue. The two minor children, the state's only witnesses to the facts at trial, both testified in the primary trial, in subsequent court proceedings and by affidavit, that Bent never touched them sexually in any way, and asserted that the charges against him were baseless. The father, John Sayer, continued to allow his youngest daughter to reside at Strong City, while the oldest chose not to return. Although he left the compound with his wife and daughters after being a church member for sixteen years, Sayer returned with his 14-year-old daughter to the cult compound a second time. According to Sayer, she was one of three minors taken into state custody for their own protection in April 2008.[1] A New Mexico state Children, Youth and Families Department spokeswoman said that three minor teens were taken from the compound in the days after an April 22, 2008, investigation. The state judge hearing the case has issued a gag order, and state officials have provided no further details of the investigation.[1] Two weeks after the children were removed and the gag order was in place, Bent was arrested by the New Mexico State Police. The charges were three counts of criminal sexual contact with a minor and three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. The ages and sex of the children in state custody were made public: a 16-year-old boy (no charges of abuse were filed in connection with the boy), a 16-year-old girl and a 13-year-old girl.[12] He was held on $500,000 bond with an arraignment scheduled for May 8, 2008. Following his arraignment, the judge reduced the bail to $55,000; as of May 9, he remained incarcerated.[13] The initial charges refer to Bent having inappropriately touched three minor girls in 2006 and 2007. According to the state Department of Public Safety, one of the girls no longer lives in the community.[13] Bent also freely admits having sexual intercourse multiple times with his son's wife. Both he and his son state that "God forced Michael" to commit this act of consummation.[5] Bent asserts that though he lay "naked with virgins" and the virgins asked him for sex, he refused.[13] A June 17 update from Bent's web site and other news reports state that New Mexico authorities released one of the young women previously taken from the compound from state custody.[14] Both the prosecution and the defense excused one judge in the case. Union County Judge Gerald E. Baca was appointed the case on July 2, 2008.[15] The jury trial started November 17, 2008.[15]

Long story short Bent was convicted on charges of sexual misconduct of a minor , he was sentenced and paroled in 2016 after being diagnosed with cancer .
Bent runs a doomsday cult and in this documentary
He claimed the world was going to end in 2007 etc.
Fast forward to today and the world obviously hasn't ended.
After watching the documentary today i decided to do some searching .
Wanted to know where bent and his Cult was today . Then that is when I came across his blog ,last entry date of June 26th 2019
The following is an excerpt from his blog dated on the 26th of this month.

It Comes Today June 26, 2019 I have observed over time the changes that always come. Great businesses go away that once captured the attention of everyone. Great nations fall in importance and necessity. Wars continue for generations and all things stay the same. Religions once vigorous fall into despondency and vanity. Promises of great men seem to burn for a moment, then the promise and man passes on. No wall has ever stood forever without patches and repair. It is all going away. The world always ends. This is how it has been from the beginning. Old truth becomes uncouth and everyone looks like a hypocrite in the end who try to hang onto what never was. But what is real? Only the moment. Fear God, keep His instructions and love your people now. Enjoy the souls under your roof now. Bless your family now, for the time comes when they, and you, are gone. Every moment passes forever. Don’t fail at lifting the burdens, for you only have the opportunity once. You and the burdens will all pass away. We all leave our place sooner or later. Receive what God gives but do not try to get gain for yourself or to make something of yourself. You already are. Do not try to be happy, for happiness is already present. It is in the moment. A soul who is unhappy sustains it by his own selfishness. A soul who is happy has made pleasure out of the present duties. He has enjoyed the moment. Never lie but always behold what is true. Truth will never hurt you. The lie always will because you know your life is a facade then. Spare your children your regrets. Just move on the moment, taking pleasure in what will only last like a brief mist over the forest. Don’t waste time hating your past but love the present moment. The past went away only one minute later and the future has never actually come. The days on the calendar pass as the falling leaves of a tree. And what a surprise to discover the only thing that has changed is that page on the wall. All else stays the same. Today is the day of salvation, translation and change. It happened. It came a long time ago. Some of us saw it then, some of us see it now. There are no enemies. There is no failure. We have moved on from false promises and vain hopes into the kingdom of God’s dear Son. In it we see the light and are as though we never saw the darkness. It is as though we have lived forever, yet only a day. There is no death for us, for death is impossible. Come along, children, the images and imaginations have passed away and we take up our wings and fly. I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course and my family is with me. I have overcome the world and I have won the battle. I have defeated all enemies and I stretch my hand over to you to come with me. The end of the world came and heaven came down. It all has been tested and tried. I did not fail, and neither will those who are in my heart with me. I am the sacrifice that was given by the heavenly Father many years ago. My testimony is true and the testimony of Yeshua. I have not failed to complete the course. It is done. THAT day has arrived and I have received the promise. So have all those who have believed me. We have ascended and we shall never descend. We won’t be back.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Today is the day of salvation, translation and change. It happened. It came a long time ago. Some of us saw it then, some of us see it now. There are no enemies. There is no failure. We have moved on from false promises and vain hopes into the kingdom of God’s dear Son. In it we see the light and are as though we never saw the darkness. It is as though we have lived forever, yet only a day. There is no death for us, for death is impossible. Come along, children, the images and imaginations have passed away and we take up our wings and fly. I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course and my family is with me. I have overcome the world and I have won the battle. I have defeated all enemies and I stretch my hand over to you to come with me. The end of the world came and heaven came down. It all has been tested and tried. I did not fail, and neither will those who are in my heart with me. I am the sacrifice that was given by the heavenly Father many years ago. My testimony is true and the testimony of Yeshua. I have not failed to complete the course. It is done. THAT day has arrived and I have received the promise. So have all those who have believed me. We have ascended and we shall never descend. We Bents Blog

What does this mean ? Did "they" kill them self's ? the world hasn't ended ....

If so i'm certain they wont be located anytime soon . According to the wiki the compound is located .

Lord Our Righteousness Church. The Lord Our Righteousness Church, sometimes called Strong City, is a religious community near Clayton, Union County, New Mexico. It originated with a group of about eighty adherents who migrated to the area from Sandpoint, Idaho in 2000.
Wiki links

Sorry this Thread was made Quick , been a long time since I have posted , forgot how to utilize the tools

edit on 01/01/1999 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I was waiting to hear about this after watching the documentary a year or two ago. Nothing's confirmed but it sure sounds like a mass suicide.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Agreed . Reminds me of the Heavens Gate Cult . The Leader also suffered from Cancer .

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
His blog post sounds like an after the fact affirmation. Pretty creepy if you ask me!

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

There is a video on youtube where his son finds out that his father (the leader) slept with his wife. He tells him that he accidently fell and his penis just happened to be in the right place at the right time haha. Oh and unfortunately it happend six times. Comedy gold.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hopefully he did considering the justice system failed and let a predator back on the loose. God works in mysterious ways probably seen it fit to clean up one of his mistakes.

No huge loss here. Sad thing is he probably took a few young a gullible neophytes with him.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sanitarium79

There is a video on youtube where his son finds out that his father (the leader) slept with his wife. He tells him that he accidently fell and his penis just happened to be in the right place at the right time haha. Oh and unfortunately it happend six times. Comedy gold.

I think that part is actually in the documentary.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Hopefully he did considering the justice system failed and let a predator back on the loose. God works in mysterious ways probably seen it fit to clean up one of his mistakes.

No huge loss here. Sad thing is he probably took a few young a gullible neophytes with him.

For the sake of thoes poor brainwashed people. I hope not . But by the sounds of the letter... it appears to suggest he did .

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is why Asia hates Western Christianity. Just like the the Opium wars where Christians were helping the colonial empires. instead of being neutral. At least Japanese-Chinese war, some of the Japs were being neutral and converting to Chinese side. Why you think American Natives got destroyed? Christians became cultists and let them in. Christianity are not a safe zone against western corruption. That is a fact.
edit on 29-6-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
This is why Asia hates Western Christianity. Just like the the Opium wars where Christians were helping the colonial empires. instead of being neutral. At least Japanese-Chinese war, some of the Japs were being neutral and converting to Chinese side. Why you think American Natives got destroyed? Christians became cultists and let them in. Christianity are not a safe zone against western corruption. That is a fact.

Alrighty then .....

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: makemap

Alrighty then .....

Agreed.

Regarding the cult, have we found out if they took matters into their own hands a few days ago?

I watched the first video you oosted, and it's so disturbing and sad. I feel esoecialky sad for the kids- for the poor girls who just seem to want to please God and please the poor sad psycho man who thinks he is "The Messiah." But the grown women particularly, you can see in their eyes that they are just batship crazy. No one is home anymore with those women. How in the world does that get to that place? Incredibly sad.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I haven't heard anything yet.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I spoke with the local police there a couple of weeks ago. At first they acted like they knew nothing about him. When I directed them to the website and showed them what he had posted, they admitted that they occasionally see his followers walking in the town, and that they did know who he is.

Fast forward to this week, all traces of his website and manifesto are gone, and when you click on his website it redirects you to another website called "The Winds". The website is now only one page, and only lists one small quote. Everything else has been scrubbed, as well as some local news articles about him which have also been 404'd. Not a peep about him from any current news articles.

I truly think that "they" whoever they may be are possibly brushing everything under the rug. I have a bad feeling that all of those people in the cult as well as Wayne Bent may have killed themselves on June 26.

Does anyone know how we can find out the truth about this sad situation???

edit on 7/11/2019 by Inconceivable because: spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I should even say anything as when I spoke to the LE there, they asked my name, phone number, and a few other personal questions which I probably shouldn't have answered. I don't want to get too involved in case there is some weirdness going on.

The reason I initially called LE is that I was raised in a more mainstream doomsday cult, and I was fearful about what a brainwashed person who still is in a cult could do to themselves and thought maybe some of them could be saved before they do anything bad.

The whole thing is weird.
edit on 7/11/2019 by Inconceivable because: spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Inconceivable

The "I came. I saw. I went" quote is an adaption of Caesars famous Veni. Vidi. Vici. and has little to do with religion.

The Wikipedia Page of the Cult states their website have been taken down previously, so maybe this is some kind of takedown as well?

If I remember correctly part of the leaders prison sentence was made suspended, and he is on early parole due to health issues, so they may have some leverage to make them tone down their internet presence a bit.

Maybe they made a few calls when you showed them the site?

Anyway, good job for actually doing something!

edit on 11-7-2019 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Wow holy heck . I'm just now seeing this . Thank you for trying to do something. It's very strange thats for sure . Have you any updates ?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: KansasGirl

I haven't heard anything yet.

Almost every religion is a cult just as bad as that one.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Kudos go to the OP who originally found this info, I have only been following up on the situation.

Update-As of the second week in July, the www.waynebent.com website was taken down and was replaced by another website called www.thewinds.org, which has now also recently been deleted. It is as if someone is scrubbing everything to do with this situation.

Fortunately, I was able to save all pages to the original www.waynebent.com website, as I had a feeling everything would be scrubbed. The only thing that was on the winds.org website was a small Bible quote, nothing else.

I am not very internet savvy, but if there were someone who knows how to dig and find out who owns/owned the domains, or is able to find out recent activities on this cult I bet some very interesting things would be found, or if anyone knows a journalist who has the tools to search, I would be willing to bet that they would find a real conspiracy about all of this being hidden.

This would be worth checking in to if anyone knows how to dig deeper.

edit on 7/29/2019 by Inconceivable because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I bet they didn't think of the " wayback machine " then. Internet archieves to the rescue!

web.archive.org...*/www.waynebent.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join