It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My own personal Mandela effect story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah, well... I guess you can't beat having an affair with your own wife.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: 4891morfih

The Uniform Plumbing Code now requires that faucets “shall be connected to the water distribution system so that hot water corresponds to the left side of the fittings. This is a convention throughout North America. If it's an apartment maybe they hooked it up wrong and realized it later and corrected it.

Either way original houses only had 1 faucet the reason hot water is on the left is they created kits to add hot water. These kits had brackets that brought the second line in from the left. This was done because there are more righthanded people then left

I don't know about the plumbing codes. I know the knobs have reversed positions.

Being that maintenance doesn't have permission to enter my apartment unless I'm home I doubt they would sneak in just to switch the knobs.

How would they even know they were on the wrong side? No that doesn't make sense.

I do know about the plumbing codes and hot on left is standard. They would have to cross the pipes beneath the sink. Usually they are cut to fit the length traveled, so they would not stretch to the other side. You know for a fact that it was correct before they swapped out the faucet because the old faucet you moved left for hot.

originally posted by: fastfred
a reply to: NightFlight

cremation makes it hard to check head stones.

Why? Not everyone is scattered into the bushes. My father is "buried" in a wall with a "headstone" and his dates clearly visible.
edit on 6/24/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fastfred
a reply to: r0xor

Wow, I think something doesn't want me to post. This will be my 4th attempt at this one. I'm to try and keep it real short this time. Kind o bare bones.

Yeah it happens to me too. It's the internet being slow, a hiccup in your ISP, or your computer being funny.

Not a force trying to stop you from posting the details about your mandela effect experience, no worries. Those don't exist and nothing is exerting otherwordly effort into stopping you in particular from dropping bomb shell information that will uncover the mandela effect, ruining the otherworldly forces work on timeline shifting.

We have to wisen up to these paranoid feelings whenever things go wrong in our lives. My entire year has been bad luck after bad luck. It really seems like something is trying to stop me from being able to drive my car, keep my job, have a few bucks for comfort.

Property tax stealing a paycheck via lien I was unaware of, then alternator dying in the car for the second time this year, then almost losing my job but being able to transfer to a store within walking distance of the same company that a friend works at. Getting the car fixed after earning the money slowly, going back to my store across town only for a spark plug (hopefully) to go bad causing a cylinder misfire.

The day I got the car up and running, a letter I had been wondering about from the DMV finally arrived: Your license is suspended because your car insurance lapsed. That's ironic, something really doesn't want me driving, right? Make my life miserable and defeat me because I'm some sort of special person with perception into things that others dont have. Part of a good vs evil drama.

It's just life, # happens.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Wow.

Sorry for your bad luck.

Could be karma?

Just saying.

😉
edit on 24-6-2019 by 4891morfih because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Interesting, and despite the caveats, like faulty memory and hubris, I think there's something to some of these "effects" as it's been commented upon far longer than it's been called a "Mandela Effect."

I've written this before on this site, but my own first glimmer of this effect (or reality not being as firm as most think) was certain celebrities being dead and then not... but it is the spelling of a favorite word, dilemna, that floored me. It is now dilemma and if it was just a word I thought was spelt differently, then big deal... but that word and I had a history. It was a "favorite" word and I come from a household of ...er "word-o-philes."

I had a jokey, nerdy phrase where I'd say, out loud "What a dil-em-Na" that I got into the bad habit of using too often based on it's former proper spelling with the silent N (actually, I thought it was a catchphrase from a feline Hanna-Barbara cartoon character from my childhood, that I now cannot find, but that's another maybe Mandela story).

It was a word with a strange spelling that I had learned very early and was also part of a well remembered school spelling test focusing on silent Ns; and I always got polite chuckles from the mispronounced silent letter N instead of confusion, and never had the spellcheck red line when written with the silent N... until a few years ago.

If it was just me, then big deal... but my friends, family and apparently several thousand other folks all firmly remember that spelling with the more elegant silent N ... so much so that there is a website devoted to that dilemNa.

www.dilemna.info...

Dunno what it all means ... 'cept the lyric "life is but a dream" being far more profound than I once thought... maybe?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Wow.

Sorry for your bad luck.

Could be karma?

Just saying.

😉

Beginning to think karma in the truest sense doesn't exist.

It's a social placebo when your life is filled with many friends and family. I'm the most moral and ethical guy I know, I live with a step uncle that has a disability and I have a couple of work friends outside of work that I hardly ever let down. Rides to places, let them borrow and they always pay back, I borrow and always pay back, small things of course. Those are the only people I interact with except co-workers and customers occasionally but not daily at work.

Polite to everyone, more empathetic and caring than most to a fault because it brings me anxiety or grief more than anything positive. That's the problem about caring. My Mother was a career nurse and raised me a little too much that way which is why I have some trust issues from being done wrong so many times until I got older, learned through experience, and became much more picky and judgemental to myself about who I talked to or even dated. Good looks alone aren't a sale to me at all.

I don't think that's it. It's honestly bad luck.
edit on 6/24/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

Wow.

Sorry for your bad luck.

Could be karma?

Just saying.

😉

Beginning to think karma in the truest sense doesn't exist.

It's a social placebo when your life is filled with many friends and family. I'm the most moral and ethical guy I know, I live with a step uncle that has a disability and I have a couple of work friends outside of work that I hardly ever let down. Rides to places, let them borrow and they always pay back, I borrow and always pay back, small things of course. Those are the only people I interact with except co-workers and customers occasionally but not daily at work.

Polite to everyone, more empathetic and caring than most to a fault because it brings me anxiety or grief more than anything positive. That's the problem about caring. My Mother was a career nurse and raised me a little too much that way which is why I have some trust issues from being done wrong so many times until I got older, learned through experience, and became much more picky and judgemental to myself about who I talked to or even dated. Good looks alone aren't a sale to me at all.

I don't think that's it. It's honestly bad luck.

Okay.....

Ummmm.

Anyway I think I hear someone calling.

Yep... there it is again.....bye

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well, today in trying to check if anything has changed; two of the sites I checked before no longer have any record of Mike at all. I tried a 7 yr time span around the dates it should have been, and nothing. The previous two days I got results which I have post already. Mike's mother is still there with a passing date of July 6, 2003.

I fished around some more and a new site came up with Mike with the Jan 29, 2005 date.

Seems strange...if it was one site only, it wouldn't bother me. But two sites means it's something going on. I'm going to go with a search engine issue so I can sleep easier tonight. Even though they had no problem finding his mother. Or maybe I'm just having bad luck lately.

On another note, did anyone take a look at the Global Consciousness Project site? The link I gave was only for the 24 hr graph. So I'll give you a couple more to the home page and one with a 28 day graph. Of note on the 28-day graph is on May 31st there is a huge negative low. I haven't been paying much attention to the news (propaganda) much, but did anything major happen on the 31st?

here are the links

Global Consciousness Project home page

GCP - 28-day Random Network Variance plot

GCP - DOT 24hr graph

If anyone wants to look at the stats and significance of this stuff.
GCP - Results

I know this may be going a little off topic, but maybe not. I have a feeling that there is a correlation to variance swings/extremes and Mandela effects. But I'm not saying that Mandela effects are the only things that cause them. Just one of them IMHO.

ff

top topics

<< 1   >>

join