It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to Iraq, will my account be deleted?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
In a couple months I'm being deployed to Iraq, do accounts get deleted if they're not signed into after a certain amount of time or anything? I don't want to go to Iraq for a year, come back and find my account deleted or anything.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
In a couple months I'm being deployed to Iraq, do accounts get deleted if they're not signed into after a certain amount of time or anything? I don't want to go to Iraq for a year, come back and find my account deleted or anything.

To my knowledge the account will remain active.

Even though its a couple of months away, good luck and make sure you come back safe.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Good luck. Be safe.

We'll watch for you to come home.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Most of all be safe. I do not think accounts are deleted. You may have net access and you can log on for a taste of home

Good luck to you and may you return home soon

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Nope, no net access...

Be safe...Don't go

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Best of luck!
Make sure you come back!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Nope, no net access...

Be safe...Don't go

Of course there is net access. How do you think i manage to keep in contact with my son?

I have contact every two days via messenger or e'mail.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Watch your six an3rkist. What group you going with?

Roper

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist

Hey brother be careful over there I for one am going to pray you and your platoon never have a shot fired incoming or out going the latter being the most important , be safe and keep your eyes moving , I wish I could take your place , but not for the glory, but because I wouldnt want anyone to do for me that which I wouldnt be willing to do myself, PS remember jump high if something goes boom you will be moved further , but the force of the blow will be less deadly.......God watch over these boys and girls that they all never have to worry about this and they come home , brothers , sisters, mothers, fathers, in one piece and their families get to live on with them in peace for the rest of days, Amen

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
No but your sense of patriotic love of country, and your commendable commitment to see people liberated from tyranny will be trivialized by or left leaning fellow countrymen.

To those of you few that give the ultimate sacrifice, that will be declared a frivolous endeavor by the Democratic party (Howard Dean)

May God bless you and keep you safe. Return and tell us about the wonderful things those of you committed to our nation's safety have accomplished! I am grateful and believe my children are safer thanks to you.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I would also like to thank you and hope you come back safely. Maybe when you get back and re-read some of the attitudes here, you will see just how bad we have gotten........

Peace be with you....

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Stay safe and good luck, I expect to see you back here in a year and change (or sooner, if you have net access).

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
good luck ,be safe , watch your back,and uh blessed be

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Stay safe man. Watch your back and come back. And yes, there is limited internet access on the bases there. Log in and say hi.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
An Old Irish Wish

May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow
May the soft winds freshen your spirit
May the sunshine brighten your heart
May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you
And may the Creator enfold you in the mantle of His love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you can check in here from time to time

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You actually believe a guy who is a self claimed anarchist is going to iraq

hahaha

his avatar is an anarchy symbol too?

'be safe son'

hahaha

This is a farce, he isn't going to iraq

are you?

sorry if you are anarchist you wont go

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
oops
What the hell are you talking about?
It's easier to be an anarchist in a combat zone than in a militant police state, more targets, fewer restrictions. You cracked me up with your post though, I was thinking the exact same thing. Like that guy who got off on going door to door and telling servicemen's wives they had died in combat..emotional ghoul!

drbryan
Good advice! I'm always glad to see people helping each other out with information.

an3rkist
If you're really going, do yourself a favor and take my advice.
Don't drink anything that comes from a jug buried in the sand.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Be safe over there brother, watch out for those damn spiders. I was in kuwait a while back ali al saleem, was the name of the base. Get back safe

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
When u come back have a drink on me dude! then buy 1 for me and send it to Hong Kong. Oh yeah if you can stay away from the dangerzones.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by drunk]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
You are giving a great service to your country and people. I wish that you weren't being deployed to a warzone that actually isn't in defence of your nation and people. You'll be told you are a soldier of freedom and democracy but you'll also be a corporate gangster creating a new marketplace for the elite to exploit. Don't forget this.

The Great American hero Gen. Smedley Butler comes to mind with some famous words :

"War is a Racket"

"I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism"

Iraq isn't worth you dying over or your units mate. No heroics, if you get into a world of # find cover and wait for backup. What is a worthy cause is coming home to your woman and raising a good family!! not dying in Iraqi slums for the interests of multinationals.

I wish you the best of luck and you'll be in my prayers. I hope that you may give us all a good idea of what it's like to be on the ground minus all the partisan BS.

thanks,
drfunk

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join