It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugee Arrested For Plot To Bomb Pittsburgh Church

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Announced several hours ago:

Federal authorities have arrested a Syrian refugee who was plotting to attack a Pittsburgh church, the Department of Justice announced Wednesday.

Mustafa Mousab Alowemer, 21, was charged with one count of attempting to provide material support and resources to a terror group and two counts of distributing information relating to an explosive, destructive device, or weapon of mass destruction, officials said.

Alowemer, who was admitted to the US as a refugee on Aug. 1, 2016, gave bomb-making instructions to an undercover FBI agent as part of a plot to blow up the primarily Nigerian-attended Legacy International Worship Center Christian church on Pittsburgh’s north side.

He wanted to inspire further attacks and “take revenge for our [ISIS] brothers in Nigeria,” he told FBI investigators, according to the DOJ.

nypost.com...

Thank God they got this guy. According to the DOJ, this Syrian refugee was an ISIS sympathizer and was planning to blow up a Christian church in Pittsburgh.

The guy came into the country in 2016.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
At least he possessed "special" merits 😎

He should have joined the Army.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

BuBuBuBuBut, its JUST ONE PERSON, a SMALL PERCENTAGE and they totes dont represent a whole demographic or nothin. I mean gosh, even IF he did manage to blow up a church and some Easter worshippers he wouldnt be such a bad guy right? Meanwhile, all REEEEEpublicans bad. Because fee-fees.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

BuBuBuBuBut, its JUST ONE PERSON, a SMALL PERCENTAGE and they totes dont represent a whole demographic or nothin. I mean gosh, even IF he did manage to blow up a church and some Easter worshippers he wouldnt be such a bad guy right? Meanwhile, all REEEEEpublicans bad. Because fee-fees.

"For every blade of grass, a prairie flourishes" 😀

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Look back into history, every great empire was built on diversity.

Societies are all equal, we are all peaceful. Homosexuals are as safe in any county as they are in the west.

Individual freedom is heralded across the world no matter what country.

Love and peace, it is the human way..........*burst of laughter*'

Commence the dumpster fire, MORE GAS....MORE GAS.....

Globalists rejoice in their ivory towers of opulence.
edit on 19-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

21 years old now. Came in 2016. Age range 18 or 19.

I wonder if any family came with him or was he by his self?

Can anyone find his record of entry?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

Mustafa Alowemer, a 21-year-old man who was admitted to the United States as a refugee from Syria, is facing one count of attempting to provide material support and resources to the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) and two counts of distributing information relating to an explosive, destructive device or weapon of mass destruction.

And a word from from Mayor Peduto.....

Pittsburgh has historically been a home for refugees and immigrants and will continue to be one,” he said. “In debates over the refugee crisis the past several years, as people from around the world have sought to flee violence and misery and seek better lives for their families in the United States, I have always

More from Peduto.. ( such a character ) spends more time in Europe than running the city
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

I've had a very long day and just now hearing this, thanks

Up at 6 and am now turning in:cheers

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I wonder if any family came with him or was he by his self?

Can anyone find his record of entry?

Probably all "documented" with false papers and disposable identities established in advance for later use as necessary 😎

(aka "assets")

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

So basically what you're saying is: all Muslims are terrorists.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You got that "conclusion" from a Chinese fortune cookie right ?

Where else could that have possibly come from ?

😀

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yep, you got me. That's EXACTLY what I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Crikey mate! I can't see that Bos said that at all.

Where did that comment come from????

Strewth.

I better be careful what I post.

Here we go.....

bally

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

Yep, you got me. That's EXACTLY what I'm saying.

Oops sorry, Crikey Bos I was with you on this.

Apologies 3stuff.

bally

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I'm kind of confused by this whole conversation as well...

What I got out of it so far is Xuenchen is saying money needs to be rolling and a good ol war is to be had but the pc crowd demands valid reasons so those are being created.

MrSpock and Bosco are just looking at the puppetshow as if it were real and are saying Islam isn't a religion of peace and all these guys need to go.

But I could be missing the point entirely.

Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

The problem is that the majority (in the US) support terrorists and polls show they believe terroristic attacks can be justified.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This is the issue with refugees from certain Muslim nations. You cannot know whether they are actually seeking asylum from their country of origin or if they are coming here to commit attacks on our nation.

I’m not sure what the answer here is, because I genuinely feel badly for people that are legitimately trying to leave a terrible place. Problem with that is we’re potentially opening ourselves up to attack.

I know the answer definitely isn’t to have wide open borders. That’s just insane. Kudos to the FBI for catching this guy before something terrible happened.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
These extremist sub humans disgust me-they are given the opportunity to settle in a country which has not been destroyed by war and terrorists,where they could become a productive membe of society,where their lives are not under threat daily.

Yet they choose to hate the country which has given them a chance at a decent future.

There really is something iredeemable about that to me.

I have met some Syrian refugees in the UK,and they are so grateful and happy to have been able to escape the hell of war.
The last ting they would do would be to hurt the UK,as they have been given the chance of a future.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Living in a free and open society carries risks.

Of course it was just one person, but why doesn’t the evil left take the same consideration with gun violence?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

He probably lied about his age and said he was 12. Happened in the UK many times with so-called-child-refugees, where the teachers question why a five year old has a beard.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Sounds like it. Why would you have sarcastically said what you said as if the opposite is actually true?

Let me translate:

"BuBuBuBuBut, its NOT JUST ONE PERSON, NOT JUST a SMALL PERCENTAGE and they totes DO represent a whole demographic or. I mean gosh, even IF he did manage to blow up a church and some Easter worshippers he would be A REALLY bad guy right? Meanwhile, all Democrats (REEEEE) bad. Because MY fee-fees."

Bold is mine (well, yours actually).

edit on 6/20/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/20/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join