It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corsican Cat Fox Declared Semi-Crypto By Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

"By looking at its DNA, we could tell it apart from the European wildcat, Felis silvestris silvestris. It's close to the African forest cat, Felis silvestris lybica, but its exact identity is still to be determined," Benedetti adds.

www.afp.com...

When the cat fox has been forced into a convenient academic pigeonhole it will be fully non-crypto. Go Science!

"We believe that it's a wild natural species which was known but not scientifically identified because it's an extremely inconspicuous animal with nocturnal habits," . . .
That sounds like the British unclassified cats.

. . . Benedetti has a theory that the cat could have been brought to Corsica by farmers 6,500 years BC.
Close human interaction and domestication in the far distant past. Again that sounds like some of the British cats.

It's passed the cuddly test. Maybe it has a future on YouTube as a dumbing down tool.

Carlu-Antone Cecchini, in charge of forest wildcat research for the ONCFS told AFP that most people "thought they were crazy" to be looking for something that was part of a myth.
www.infinitecat.com...

If you look for something real, and 'most people' think you're crazy, what is the mental condition of 'most people'?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I mentioned recently in a thread that I was invited to metal detect a field with two guys who had spent 30 years searching for treasure that they 'knew' was there.

I politefully declined, only for them to actually find it a few weeks later.

I honestly thought they were just a couple of crazy eccentric guys.

Boy, was I wrong.

If no looky, no findy!

Interesting thread and story, and a cool find! S+F

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Huh.
Never heard of them.
But they sure look just like domestic house cats around here.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
That cat looks dead...
But that is also a important factor for humans.. see something new, kill it and present it

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Nah, click on the first link.
Looks like the one they show in a cage, that they released, after taking its collar off. It has 2 different color eyes, supposedly after possible damage from a fight.
a reply to: Spacespider

new topics

top topics

join