It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trumps 2020 Re-Election Rally Prayer Demonstrates Why America Is Prospering Again.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No that's not how it works. That's the free will of man...God allows us to stray.

Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Make up your mind. Either God guides American elections and politics, or he doesn't. If he raised Trump to be president, then he also raised Obama to be president. Either that, or was on vacation during those years, left Satan in charge of overseeing American politics and elections.

Where was God when a Republican SCOTUS ruled on Roe V Wade?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I wouldn't consider it "my" religion.
And I am not saying that they aren't Christian really. In my view all of the religions are based mostly on ancient writings written by people who, like ourselves, are not capable of really understand what the god they are writing about is. If all things came from god then those things that we label as evil also are a part of god. And if god is a perfect being then somehow that evil has a perfect place within god where it resides harmoniously with all the good we attribute as god. We just don't have the ability to see how that is possible so all of those things we reject as being of god is cast aside and given a name such Satan. And since we were created with our own creative powers the belief in satan if strong enough creates a satan. So in my way of thinking many of those proclaiming to be satanist are Christians also. And since heaven and hell are both constructs of religion, created by the beliefs of those who follow those religions, the dumping ground of all those things within their own psyche they"ve decided were evil. I assume that most of those who find themselves in the Christian hell were those who were part of the Christian belief system who devoted more energy into the belief in hell, either by using the fear of it as a means to control others or by allowing that fear to cause them to reject too many bits and pieces of themselves.

The bible, along with probably most other religions, is like a two way highway. Which way people chose to travel on it is dependant on what the person thinks they want from their god. Both the god and the satan, along with the path to each is revealed. But everyone on that highway is a believer of the religion. They are a part of that great blob of energy that is created, and subject to the rules and laws that were defined for it.
But it's up to each person to decide which direction they wish to walk or maybe they might want to find a different highway altogether or wander in the wilderness. We have free will which gives us the right to choose. Every option offers it's own experiences and lessons, there is no wrong choice or right choice except for the choice to force your choice on others. Which my guess would be is what happened to cause the harm you spoke of.
The government's role is to just ensure a safe playground for us all to play in and it seems the worst atrocities take place when it crawls into bed with a religious group and works with them to create thier vision of the " kingdom of heaven" on earth.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That was my famous attempt at sarcasm....it nearly always fails.

Sorry 'bout that...

Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Or. If god hates abortion so much why is it that he commanded the husbands to bring their wives to the temple to have an mixture of whatever forced down their throats if they thought they were being unfaithful. A clear indication that she had been would be she would miscarry the illegitamate child. Does god have a problem with illegitamate kids or is it more like he has a problem with the women actually making a decision? Or does god really have nothing to do with it and it's the men that are having a problem? Doubt that the men would have much of a problem with the illegitamate kids since they've never seemed to have a problem making them so me thinks the problem is the idea that women are free to make their own decisions.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Ah! My bad. I realize that now, after looking at your posts in this thread.

My post still stands for the poster I was replying to though.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Or does god really have nothing to do with it...

This ^^^

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke

It's heartwarming to see that Jesus took the time away from the important task of directing a field goal during a college football game to help Trump color inside the lines.

Oh man, thats gold!!

edit on 20-6-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That was my famous attempt at sarcasm....it nearly always fails.

Sometimes that's what produces the most fun outcome.

This thread has made a perfect environment for it. I can't think of a better thread topic than Trump being appointed by God
. It could have stopped there, but the idea that his opposition will be tore down in the name of Christ just adds the oh so delicious frosting on this already delectable cake.

The biggest plus side of this all, is that I was already starting to question the sanity of my collective country, and at this moment, I feel as if in contrast I may be sane

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Did you just call yourself sane?

Maybe I should find some resolution with God to be in on that rapture thing because clearly that is a sign the end is nigh.

Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Did you just call yourself sane?

Only in contrast

So I get sanity points for at least being self aware

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

A man of your stature has no need for sanity points...

Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

A man of your stature has no need for sanity points...

That's what I keep telling my judge, but he says it's for my therapist to decide.

edit on 20-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

LOL....I hate cults and usually I can sniff them out with the best. In my eyes if there was a cult at this point in time it would be the deranged left. I follow facts son....noting more or less.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Glambdalambda

You're probably not the expert you might think you are.

I love this particular definition of "cult"

a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.

edit on 20-6-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Having recently visited my Introduction thread, you may recall that I came under sway of a cult back in the early 70s. The Moon cult. As you say you had no idea, I can at least let you know that even as I escaped back in the mid 70s I still like to keep up with the bs they are still spewing. There are now basically two factions of that cult after Moon died. One, his wife and her followers , now wants people to believe that it was she all along that was the messiah and not he, while one of his sons, who was not killed in reckless driving accidents or drug overdoses or suicide heads the other. Both factions are ardent Trump supporters weaving his presidency into their convoluted eschatological theology.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Birds of a feather...

But in all honesty I can't really say anything about Trump or how he is doing his job. It would be really tempting to say all the things I don't agree with but he isn't my president and it's not my country. I respect the democratic process and most American people are happy with him so be it.

I can, however, say something about the American people here on ATS and it surprises me how blinded some have become by the very strong notion that you have to pick a side. You are either with Trump or you are against him.

It's almost as if your president has become some idol. Ofcourse he does things wrong (he's a politician) but those things are ignored by his fans because an idol can do no wrong...

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

most American people are happy with him

Folk here on ATS would have us believe this but I am not sure this is correct. They would have us believe that those who do NOT like him are just products of the MSM brainwashing program and indeed there are those who are just that. However the majority of polls point out that he has around 40% approval . And while many who do not like him are under sway of the media I think it only fair to say that it is my opinion that a fair percentage of his supporters are under sway to the other side of our constant media blitz.

I can, however, say something about the American people here on ATS and it surprises me how blinded some have become by the very strong notion that you have to pick a side. You are either with Trump or you are against him.

I think there are two reasons for this. One is that the whole notion of ''either or'' and ''right and wrong'' and ''good and evil'' is a false dicotomy that goes way back to at least the early Greeks, Aristotle I think. This approach to thought leaves little room for gradients or sliding scales of what is preferable action in any given situation.

And to that, from my observations, Trump himself has set himself up as the lynch pin of for or against. Early on I am sure you recall he pointed out over and over ''I am the only one who can save'' America'' (paraphrasing of course ) Only I have the intelligence, only I have the connections, only me only me.
So

It's almost as if your president has become some idol.

I don't blame Trump entirely for this phenomena as looking back on world history we as a race have been primed for thousands of years to have idols, heroes adored leaders and such.

Today, across the media landscape celebrity rules. Their camera oriented lives are paste up for us to admire and believe in. The products that are pushed at us use familiar and friendly faces like the folks next door as if they are our friends. And even better is when those faces belong to ''famous'' people mostly people who are already adored for movies, music and sports. Idols

Trump knows this well and has used it to an extreme and it is a wonder that he is still NOT liked by the majority of Americans. And that could simply be because he demonstrates the true sickness of it all.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thank you for explaining it so eloquent.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join