It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People being poisoned in the Dominican Republic?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

After at least six U.S. tourists died under mysterious circumstances there in the last 12 months, Americans with plans to visit the Dominican Republic are reconsidering their vacations

Has anyone been following this story? I've heard a couple of different theories.
Some think someone is poisoning Americans on purpose. Some think it is just bad booze, maybe a moonshine type of thing.
Some say mere coincidence..

I will say this. I lived overseas and we were warned do not drink the water right away. The locals could guzzle it without any incident but it would
make Americans sick as dogs. They did not use much refrigeration over there either and their stomachs could handle it. I remember seeing raw chickens just hanging outside in 80 degrees. The smell was just terrible, but this is what those people grew up on and they could handle it no problem. I almost think they were immune to salmonella.

It makes you wonder in a SHTF type of scenario would those type of people be more apt to survive? Do Americans eat too clean, too pure, too refrigerated, too processed? Are all those things actually making us much much weaker?

But back to the Dominican Republic. They get a huge amount of tourism from the US. You would think they would do anything to preserve that. Unless locals don't like it... I don't think we've heard the end of these incidents. It appears the FBI is now getting involved.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Lets see, one of the guys they are counting probably had a heart attack. That is what they were told anyway. Now he was an older heavy gentleman surrounded by young women in swim suits, could definitely have been a heart attack. They have microbes in other places that we might not be resistant too, our immune system does not know how to fight them. Others live symbiotically with these microbes.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
We could be dealing with a serial killer. It’s not impossible. Someone with access to the mini bottles or other liquor bottles. Possibly as far back as a warehouse on the island or a person that makes deliveries. It doesn’t have to be someone on the hotel staff, though also possible.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 6/12/2019 by infinite8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think it has something to do with the booze. I heard at least a couple of them had consumed alcohol from their mini bar.

So maybe the alcohol is tainted or purposely poisoned. If it was tainted you would have to assume there would be many more reports of illness or death.

To me it seems like the people were targeted.

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would go there on vacation anyway. To each his own.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

Would be interesting to know if they drank straight from the bottle.

The contents may be fine but something nasty could've spilt over the bottles during transport or storage?

Something nasty enough to prove fatal.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Once in mumbai. They told us not to drink water. So we did. But we brushed our teeth without drinking of course. That was a fault. One drop was enough. So we spent one week on the toilet, it feels like dying.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih
I think it has something to do with the booze. I heard at least a couple of them had consumed alcohol from their mini bar.

So maybe the alcohol is tainted or purposely poisoned. If it was tainted you would have to assume there would be many more reports of illness or death.

To me it seems like the people were targeted.

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would go there on vacation anyway. To each his own.

Several stories that I read had several of the people succumbing to pulmonary edema shortly after drinking bottles of liquor from the minibar in their room.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Two US tourists have died in Fiji Islands due to a mystery illness. These tourists had a habit of globe trotting, I dont know if they had been to Dominion Republic, could be related case.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You go to an all inclusive resort where there are bars every ten feet giving you all the drinks you want ... who's going to their room and drinking from the mini bar? I'm wondering if these deaths have more to do with over indulgence than anything else.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I thought about writing a post on this yesterday, but couldn't recall if anyone had put it up or not. It has a creepy vibe like the Tylenol poisonings of old.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I thought about writing a post on this yesterday, but couldn't recall if anyone had put it up or not. It has a creepy vibe like the Tylenol poisonings of old.

Yes, there is something just not right. One or two maybe, but the number of Americans keep growing.

iwaspoisoned.com...

It seems a lot of incidents are happening at Hard Rock
edit on 12-6-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Probably tourists just tend to be the types of people who do things that are hard on their health. They kind of seem like the type of people who like to play risky games.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Another theory is possible pesticides used in the room to get rid of bedbugs. Apparently, if a certain pesticide commonly used for this gets wet or mixes with too much moisture in the air, it can produce a poisonous gas (Phosphine Gas) that can cause pulmonary, respiratory, and digestive tract problems.

The Colorado couple who went home sick from the Dominican Republic in 2018 went to their doctor when they returned to the states. The doctor thought it was some kind of pesticide poisoning.

Apparently, there have been quite a few deaths reported in Thailand for this type of poisoning.

edit on 12-6-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Even that doesn't rule out poisoning though.

The pesticide might be readily available, would look like an accident and spiking random minibar drinks with it would qualify as getting it wet?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There is a criminal network of saving the good booze bottles and refilling them with cheap whatever and sealing the bottle to look new and reselling the liquor.
As I recall it's been going on for decades, do remember as a kid one of my jobs at parties was to collect all the empty bottles and break them with a hammer...

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Another theory is possible pesticides used in the room to get rid of bedbugs. Apparently, if a certain pesticide commonly used for this gets wet or mixes with too much moisture in the air, it can produce a poisonous gas (Phosphine Gas) that can cause pulmonary, respiratory, and digestive tract problems.

The Colorado couple who went home sick from the Dominican Republic in 2018 went to their doctor when they returned to the states. The doctor thought it was some kind of pesticide poisoning.

Apparently, there have been quite a few deaths reported in Thailand for this type of poisoning.

Good theory and it's possible but wouldn't there be more reports of people feeling ill?

I could be wrong but the only people becoming ill and dying are American citizens. At least the majority are from the U.S.

That's why I think it's intentional.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

Just because all we've heard about are American deaths doesn't mean that others haven't died like this too. Previously, these were all thought to be deaths due to heart conditions, and they still may be. It's entirely possible tourists from other countries also died due to "heart conditions" and we aren't hearing that news because no one thinks there is a pattern yet aside from strange deaths in American tourists.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm going there tomorrow for a week.

I'm not staying at a resort, but in a gated community, so if you never hear from me again, I'll be either permanently banned or permanently...lifeless.

So I will be buying my booze from the store and bringing it back, or simply going out for drinks and food.

Wish me luck.

ETA:

People die and are killed everywhere, all the time, even here in the US. Unless it's a war zone, political turmoil, or an infectious disease outbreak, I'm not worried.
edit on 12-6-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It has a creepy vibe like the Tylenol poisonings of old.

That was my first thought when I heard about this. I'm not sure if it's the way the news has presented the stories but I got this gut feeling that it was some psycho doing this intentionally. IDK

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join