It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to create an account without social media?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I first signed up for this account using a social media login. However, I would really like to create a new account without any social media ties. Is there anyway to do this?
The only links in the "join" section was either the terms of service or social media links. I could not find anything in the ATS search that resolved this issue.

FYI : I'm not condemning ATS for using social media, I just prefer not to use it unless I need to. I rather not support companies that openly give away your information.

Thanks for any help.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I would like to know as well. The only Social Media account I have is LinkedIn and I really don't use it all that much.

I get why they want to use Social Media accounts, to confirm identity and prevent spam accounts and whatever else they try to prevent..

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentSaturn

Make a fake one?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure you can make an account that is not linked anymore, they used to have anonymous posting too but that is now gone as well.

"It's a conspiracy I tell ya"

ETA: I joined when it was not necessary, my email addy's are 20 some years old and circle into nowhere.
edit on 6-6-2019 by thedigirati because: the man is watching

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't understand, I'm not linked to a social media account on here, and I have both Twitter and a YouTube. I just gave them my email, is that not still an option??

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

But then how is the CIA and NSA supposed to know who you are? πŸ˜‰

Also, can you get that piece of food out of your teeth, it's bugging the hell out of me.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

It's also wierd that a conspiracy website seemingly makes it mandatory (or very hard) to join without social media. There are many stories of facebook, twitter and google collecting everything about you and either selling it or sharing it with governments.

I just switched to proton mail because yahoo.com notified me of sharing even more of my data in there terms and conditions. I don't have anything to hide, but I simply don't want to support companies that abuse personal information.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

But then how is the CIA and NSA supposed to know who you are? πŸ˜‰

Also, can you get that piece of food out of your teeth, it's bugging the hell out of me.

Haha. I actually touched my teeth for a second.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

No, it says to hit the "click to join" but there is no link. Iv'e tried it on three differn't browsers with every extension or plug-in available.

I wasn't sure if it was just me, but if others are right then maybe this isn't an option at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's best not to ask why you aren't allowed full anonymity anymore, The just give excuses about ddos attacks by way of Tor.
Technically, unless this website can ascertain your true physical location you will not be permitted to even login. Regular VPN will not technically prevent this website from knowing your location unless it is a super legit good one. Then you will see that you will not be allowed to login utilizing such methods.

If you can login and post, your true location is known to CIA ATS. You'll know you are truly anonymous and location properly hidden when you are not allowed to login and post.

This all started after Obama took office in 2009.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Isn't ATS actually considered social media?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Not that I could find, only other social media sites.

like I said, it's a conspiracy.....

πŸ˜‰πŸ₯‡πŸ₯‡

reply to rickymouse: yes, it is, now.
edit on 6-6-2019 by thedigirati because: michigan trolls have to answerπŸ€£πŸ’‹

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

never needed so.media to join...and you don't need to log in and out here...stay logged on
edit on 6-6-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

thanks Obama, and yes location info is used,
but not always precise location.

it all depends on the node spacing.

Sorry I forgot to say:

Thanks Obama!
edit on 6-6-2019 by thedigirati because: πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ˜†X_XX_X🌭

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Several years ago, we were assured that this was only temporary. How 'bout it Springer?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
It's best not to ask why you aren't allowed full anonymity anymore, The just give excuses about ddos attacks by way of Tor.
Technically, unless this website can ascertain your true physical location you will not be permitted to even login. Regular VPN will not technically prevent this website from knowing your location unless it is a super legit good one. Then you will see that you will not be allowed to login utilizing such methods.

If you can login and post, your true location is known to CIA ATS. You'll know you are truly anonymous and location properly hidden when you are not allowed to login and post.

This all started after Obama took office in 2009.

Ahh.. So if aliens visit me, don't post it on ATS?

Also, what separates a good VPN from a bad one? And can't Tor hide your footprints anyway? In either case, I don't need to use those for ATS.. but I'm curious.

What's the best way to hide your footsteps completely without paying cash for expensive services?

edit on 6-6-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Get on early, and often.

Some of the tricks I learned only work because I've been online so long

1993 with CompuServe.

Hard to get email Addy's from that era now.

I am sometimes humbled knowing I've been online longer than google or Facebook and pretty much everything Else.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I was part of Apple’s eWorld back in the day so at one time I had a very interesting amount of access on my Apple user ID up until around iOS becoming a thing. But all that is nothing compared to the Telnet days and odd accounts you could apply for to route around backbone servers (that we mapped out). Funny that we knew which supercomputers were down by the ways we would have to account hop to get places. I am sure my old PARCs account is dead by now, been 20 some years since I checked email.

But on to the point of this thread...

The social media sign ins were established to give a better experience for the members by reducing spammers that signed up using free web based email clients. Yes, we still get them. Yes, we nuke those accounts fairly quickly. But the hurdle of making and establishing a fake social media profile slowed it down considerably. Adding an extra step to the registration process made it less worth it. Strange but true. So the owners left it, since it works better than email address sign ups.

But if I dig deep enough, I may still have an old gmail invitation or two to send out. Not sure if I used them all or not.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Maybe somewhat. It's not like google or Facebook that sells private information and works with the NSA.

Well, now it might be.

What if ATS posts are being put into our data profile collection? Maybe ATS gets some money for selling our info to facebook and google?

It's already been done before on other websites. Kind of makes me not want to use the website.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

So the website has worked fine before social media was needed from what ive read it. And it never had a 5 minute interruption during the middle of the hour.

The more i look into this website, the more red flags keep popping up.

<<   2 >>

join