It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Born Female, Give Up Sports

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I'm not saying a handful of women can't compete with men at a certain level. I'm not belittling the achievements of these wrestling women b/c they are impressive. I'm just pointing out that you said they won a state title, when your source states they finished 4th and 5th - a good result, but not what you claimed.

The point I was making was to Marisa though - - Marisa seemed to be going down a path where women can and should compete against men. My point is that very few can and that I think it is idiotic to create a sports world that drastically limits opportunities for women by having them compete directly with men - not only from an ability to compete standpoint, but to learn and gain the intrinsic values that sports provide.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I always bring bacon to a bake off..

Don't judge me, it's fair, it's yummy...

They refuse to get it, for some reason.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: acparker7

I agree with you. Nobody should be forced to compete against someone with an advantage.

However I come from an era of combat sports where they allowed crazy freakshow events of tiny dudes against big dumb dumbs who thought power was everything. I say that lovingly. Its dumb to not be cautious of a small confident person. (When I was in college the first UFC's came out)

It should be choice the female has to compete with someone basically on steroids. Females who have abused steroids and Male hormones have larger bone density muscle fiber etc...and they turn maleish..

I mean half the reason we know hormone therapy works is because of weightlifters.

Transition does not completely void male qualities unless it was before puberty and unless we have a very accurate way to diagnose gender identity in neuro science that should be an ethical concern worthy of debate on it's own.
edit on 31-5-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I've said over and over trans people need to make a choice: which is more important to you? Do you want to compete seriously or do you want to force your outward seeming to match your perceived inner reality? If competition is more important, you keep your birth body and physicality and compete with it even if it's not the sex you believe you should be. If trying to force your outward appearance into a mold that matches your inner belief is more important, then you don't compete seriously anymore. Instead, you head to the rec league and play in co-ed sports.

They want to have their cake and eat it too, but no one else legally can. I cannot compete as a bio-female and juice my body with testosterone for 18+ formative years and then suddenly decide to let my natural femininity assert itself and then compete. That's illegal.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree. It's really obvious with things like sprinting or weightlifting especially.

My problem is to hash this stuff out everyone needs to be civil and come to terms with reality. There are sports that may be ok like marksmanship and others very obviously are not fair.

When one side called them a bunch of crazy trannies and the other wants to make things "fair" for a tiny fraction at the expense of others we have no discussion at all.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You can't hash this out.

When people like Martina Navratilova, who's going to be about the last person to call someone a crazy tranny, speaks out on this, and gets banned for saying very reasonable things, there is no talking about it.

Certain quarters have decided to declare war on anyone who doesn't see it there way, and there is no getting around that.

I've said over and over that I don't want to stop transgenders from competing, but there have to be measures put in place to keep it fair. What separates us is our bodies, but sex, biological sex, is a great divide with a gulf very, very few can cross to go head to head at equivalent level.

There are very few sports where it can happen, and in most of them, raw physicality is not the most important factor.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You can't hash this out.

When people like Martina Navratilova, who's going to be about the last person to call someone a crazy tranny, speaks out on this, and gets banned for saying very reasonable things, there is no talking about it.

Certain quarters have decided to declare war on anyone who doesn't see it there way, and there is no getting around that.

I've said over and over that I don't want to stop transgenders from competing, but there have to be measures put in place to keep it fair. What separates us is our bodies, but sex, biological sex, is a great divide with a gulf very, very few can cross to go head to head at equivalent level.

There are very few sports where it can happen, and in most of them, raw physicality is not the most important factor.

Totally reasonable.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa
Facts are formed on the current reality, reality changes over time.

Facts and reality like male humans are physically stronger than females in the vast majority of cases?
A fact or reality I have yet to see change over time with the exception of a very few abnormal examples?

Or we talking about the reality and facts that only exist in a few peoples heads because it suits them?

Only reality and fact that has changed for me is I have to put up with peoples selfish self entitled stupid crap more so now compared to 30 years ago.

You do not have to think or act like me, but I draw the line when it comes to another humans lifestyle choices impacting how I live. When their feelings and rights are supposed to supersede mine and the majority of other humans.

How do you think the world would be if everyone had this mindset?
Not very functional would be my guess.
edit on 31-5-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: Malisa

I simply insist that cheaters be disqualified so the competition is fair.

How do you explain to a kid why it's ok for one person to cheat but not another?

The same way my parents explained it to me. That a victory gained through cheating is hollow and meaningless and beating someone at something who has an unfair advantage over you makes your own victory that much better.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yes, it's called biological reality. Feel free to lie to yourself and your children, I'll tell mine the reality.

Jaden

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just imagine if next time a boy was to go compete against a girl and no one showed up to watch how long do you think that would last

But no people want to see this crap

If that wasn't true this would not be happening but this stuff sells and people love it

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Just imagine if next time a boy was to go compete against a girl and no one showed up to watch how long do you think that would last

But no people want to see this crap

If that wasn't true this would not be happening but this stuff sells and people love it

Some people love it because "'she's' so brave ...". Others love it because they feel like feminists have pushed for what they call equality for so long that they're finally getting what's coming to them.

The two groups are meeting in the middle, and the problem is that a lot of innocent people are getting crushed in the process.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: acparker7

Then they'll start screaming discrimination, sexism, and the GD f# patriarchy when real girls can't make the team anymore.

And we'll say... how can we be discriminating against girls... with girls?

I mean, they said they're girls so they must be.

Right? That's not discrimination.

That's making these idiots sleep in the bed of crazy they made for themselves.

Eating their own. Women's rights taking a backseat to transgender coddling.

Entertaining, if nothing else.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Does that mean men should give up beauty pageants?

Does that mean I'll never show off my sexy, all natural hairy legs to win Ms. Universe with hooker boots?

Does this mean I'll always be a brides maid but never the bride?
edit on 31-5-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
Youre just mad cause a female beat you at a sport. Get over it op. All this post does is show how much you hate women.

Too bad the female that gets beaten by a tranny can't say that.

You sound like you would like to beat up girls, and then gloat about it like you did something award worthy.

edit on 5/31/2019 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: acparker7

Your stance is baffling....it seems like you'd be in favor of men competing against women in all sports. As long as the women work, train, etc. they'll be able to succeed. Fine, let's do that. Then let's see how many women actually make sports teams. I can tell you right now there would be 0 women playing professional baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, golf, tennis, volleyball, boxing, MMA, lacrosse and more. Archery and curling - - there you go - - women have an equal chance there. Let's create a sports world that shoves all our women into archery and curling - - freaking brilliant.

This is so dumb and stupid, of course they would never make it, it has already been decided by braindead people that girls could not ever make it so there's 0 chance

I can't figure out how people are so stupid...

Humans adapt, you can set some rules, sit down and figure out a way to make it work. Stop being so dense, people change and i know more boy that are whimps than girls these days, they would like to be girls but they act offensive and violent like ridiculous incels instead of actual "man" as per your definition of what a man is. So whatever, it is a stupid argument in general because you talk about it from the perspective you've grown into since you were a child, you don't think that reality has changed and your preconceptions may not even apply anymore 10 years from now

Did you see that comment where i said to fix it instead of being simple minded and just giving up before even trying?

This thread is full of dead/obsolete brains. Just a bunch of poorly programmed NPCs

edit on 1-6-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

originally posted by: Malisa
Facts are formed on the current reality, reality changes over time.

Facts and reality like male humans are physically stronger than females in the vast majority of cases?
A fact or reality I have yet to see change over time with the exception of a very few abnormal examples?

Or we talking about the reality and facts that only exist in a few peoples heads because it suits them?

Only reality and fact that has changed for me is I have to put up with peoples selfish self entitled stupid crap more so now compared to 30 years ago.

You do not have to think or act like me, but I draw the line when it comes to another humans lifestyle choices impacting how I live. When their feelings and rights are supposed to supersede mine and the majority of other humans.

How do you think the world would be if everyone had this mindset?
Not very functional would be my guess.

No, i'm talking about the reality that i can see day by day which is probably not the one you see, because you have your mind set already and you can't figure out things are not the same anymore

You talk about self entitlement as a bad thing that you have to endure and yet in the end you are self entitled as well, as most people are. And this is coming from your own words

When their feelings and rights are supposed to supersede mine

Self entitled *sshats come from exactly that way lol

edit on 1-6-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join