It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Triumph - a Spirit-inspired message.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

No, other way around. Sad act indeed.
edit on 29/5/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Whoever follows the philosophy set by Christ will never die, but instead will Passover into the illimitable birthright. You will be given what no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human heart has conceived. This is what God has prepared for those who love Him. Commit truth, because we are from the truth, and that is where we are returning, it is our way home.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Can the hearer be heard?
Can the seer be seen?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses
The google dictionary tells me that “browbeat” means to “intimidate (someone), typically into doing something, with stern or abusive words.”

I'm also a little puzzled, but more about how that verb applies to my comment. I didn't notice my comment was that intimidating with stern or abusive words. It was however a general encouragement to everyone who may have read it to use some of their key thinking abilities to help with analyzing any information that comes their way. Among other pieces of advice and beneficial teaching that may assist in that.

The "you" in my commentary is usually a general 'you', as in everyone who reads it. And the comment was more about the things you were responding to than your response to them anyway.

I apologize if my comment rubbed you the wrong way or perhaps the reminders regarding these beneficial teachings from the Bible regarding flattery or “smooth talk and complimentary speech” (Rom 16:18) were not something you were willing to “put up with” because perhaps they didn't 'tickle your ears' (2 Tim 4:3,4) as much as those phrases from the OP you responded to.

“But what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to eliminate the pretext of those who are wanting a basis for being found equal to us in the things about which they boast. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.” (2 Cor 11:12-15)

“If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, the One who is to be praised forever, knows I am not lying.” (2 Cor 11:30,31)

“But all of you clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because God opposes the haughty ones, but he gives undeserved kindness to the humble ones.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time, while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.” (1 Peter 5:5-8)

Humility is the antonym of vanity and pride btw. That means it's the opposite. Remember some things mentioned in my previous comment regarding flattery? It is usually done to gratify the self-love or vanity of the one flattered and is therefore damaging to him. Often it is designed to lead the other person into a trap. (Pr 29:5: “A man who flatters his neighbor, spreads out a net for his feet.”) The use of flattery is not evidence of the wisdom from above; it is of this world, being characterized by selfishness, the making of partial distinctions, and hypocrisy. (Jas 3:17) Insincerity, lying, adulating or glorifying men, and playing on the vanity of others are all displeasing to God.​—2Co 1:12; Ga 1:10; Eph 4:25; Col 3:9; Re 21:8. “. . . so we speak, as pleasing, not men, but God”. (1Th 2:4)

When a person employs flattery to gain advantage over another person, it is the opposite of love. Flattery employs smooth talk in order to beguile its victim. In every Bible instance cited in the piece at the end of my previous comment, the motive of the smooth talker is bad. The Bible however points out that “he that is reproving a man will afterward find more favor than he will that is flattering with his tongue.” (Pr 28:23) So I too will continue to do what I am doing. “For what reason? Because I do not love you? God knows I do.” (2Co 11:11)

Psalm 141:5
5 Should the righteous one strike me, it would be an act of loyal love;

Should he reprove me, it would be like oil on my head,

Which my head would never refuse.

My prayer will continue even during their calamities.

That's not hot oil btw, oil in those times was used to treat the hair against the harsh conditions in Israel's dry climate. It was a luxury item, also used to anoint Kings.

Proverbs 27:6
6 The wounds inflicted by a friend are faithful,

But an enemy’s kisses are plentiful.* [Or possibly, “insincere; forced.”]

It is better to teach humility than to play on people's vanity and pride by telling them how great they are, cause in the end “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”. (Romans 3:23) Teaching humility and why being humble is benefical/wholesome for a person, also may open someone's eyes to the dangers the weaknesses of pride, vanity and thinking too much of oneself pose.
edit on 29-5-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I'm not reading your second lecture. Take from that what you will.
edit on 29/5/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Were you suggesting that that was my intent, to "tickle ears" for some sort of selfish agenda? Just curious.

That's what I'm getting from your two posts, even though they were directed towards someone else - what I call a "side arrow".

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Ah! Yes the our soul's destiny. Isn't love the answer? Our soul is our own. We can nurture it, or push it beyond what we understand. What is the answer? What is the right path? Which way do I go? Eternal questions and adventures. Perhaps to grow the soul.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I do not know your intent. Just like I do not know what's in your heart. Sometimes people themselves do not even truly know or realize what's in their hearts. Because:

“The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate.

Who can know it?

I, Jehovah, am searching the heart,

Examining the innermost thoughts,

To give to each one according to his ways,

According to the fruitage of his works.“ (Jeremiah 17:9,10)

What I do know is that the comments or phrases DoE was responding to were very flattering (especially the first phrase). And since you used so many phrases from the Bible in the OP as well (albeit somewhat modified), I thought it might be of some interest in this thread to include what the Bible has to say about flattery and those who are merely using “smooth talk and complimentary speech” in order to “seduce the hearts of guileless ones.” (Romans 16:18)

After all, the whole Bible is a (holy) “spirit-inspired message” from God. Not just the parts someone likes or prefers to discuss or incorporate in one's discussion or commentary about it (with or without modification).

To use your terminology in the thread title. Which perhaps allows for a broader subject matter. And any true “spiritual triumph” would be incomplete without a triumph over some of the pitfalls and weaknesses associated with the subject of flattery, most notably inordinate pride* and vanity as discussed.

*: inordinate self-esteem; an unreasonable feeling of superiority as to one’s talents. Thinking too much of oneself.

In your OP, you start talking about the Biblical concept of spiritual armor and warfare when you speak of “our armor of love” and “our sword of truth which cuts both ways & that emanates from the mouth of God as Civility” (which seems to be combining 2 different swords mentioned in the Bible into one sword); but did you know that our spiritual armor as it is explained in the Bible has more parts to it? And what the sword mentioned in the same text about spiritual warfare and its equipment is actually referring to?

Although Christians do not share in fleshly warfare, they are engaged in a battle and are likened to soldiers in the Bible (see for example 2 Timothy 2:3, quoted in the video below). Ephesians 6:11-18:

11 Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts* [Or “the schemes.”] of the Devil; 12 because we have a struggle,* [Lit., “wrestling.”] not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places. 13 For this reason take up the complete suit of armor from God, so that you may be able to resist in the wicked day and, after you have accomplished everything, to stand firm.

14 Stand firm, therefore, with the belt of truth fastened around your waist, wearing the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having your feet shod in readiness to declare the good news of peace. 16 Besides all of this, take up the large shield of faith, with which you will be able to extinguish all the wicked one’s burning arrows.* [Or “missiles; darts.”] 17 Also, accept the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, that is, God’s word, 18 while with every form of prayer and supplication you carry on prayer on every occasion in spirit.

Here we can see that the sword of the spirit is God's word, i.e. the Bible. And that truth is actually a piece of one's armor. The sword “which cuts both ways & that emanates from the mouth of God” as you say sounds like you got the idea from Revelation 1:16 and/or 19:15 only there it's not eminating from the mouth of God but protruding out of the mouth of “someone like a son of man” (Rev 1:13). To someone taking their inspiration from Trinitarian theology and interpretations of the Bible this might look like a trivial distinction, but this is referring to Jesus and not Jehovah God. Anyway, or either way, this is a different sword than the one mentioned at Ephesians 6:17. It also respresents something else related to the subject of judgment, but that's such a different subject that I won't go into it now.

Humility = Freedom from pride or arrogance; lowliness of mind. It is not weakness but a state of mind that is pleasing to Jehovah. Note the quotation of Ephesians 4:1-6 in the video above as to how it relates to Ephesians 6:10-18. I'll just quote the first 3 verses below to show how it relates to my commentary about humility vs pride and vanity (and the related flattery that either plays on or fuels both).

Therefore I, the prisoner in the Lord, appeal to you to walk worthily of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all humility* [Or “lowliness of mind.”] and mildness, with patience, putting up with one another in love, 3 earnestly endeavoring to maintain the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace.
edit on 30-5-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I have no argument with any of that, except perhaps the apparent distinction between Jesus and Jehovah..

I'm aware of the armor of God, and thank you, that's a beautiful passage and complimentary to the thread's topic.

I think the point I was trying to make wasn't as much an appeal to flattery, calling the reader a Hero and a kind of King or Queen unto a nation including extending from himself or herself as a nation unto him/herself, framed within what i call the relativity of human being - but an appeal to Divine Love's own reason as indomitable relative to unreason, out of which are born every evil, injury, and apparently crafty scheme, since anything that opposes the Love of God made manifest, is a folly, much of which is as plain as day to see and recognize wherever it may be found. The devil is a loser in other words, not even worthy of the time of day.

The shield and the sword, they are the love of God imparted unto us from the Lord Himself who, as Spirit, indwelled the human person of Jesus Christ unto overflowing, while he emptied himself of himself to fulfill his mission with perfection, and then of all things to live also with us in Spirit.

Against this, there is no power nor principality that can separate us from the love of God which/who also protects us, even from the flaming darts or arrows.

My point was that WITH God all things become possible, and that we almost need pay the enemy no heed while he struggles in a double bind (that's what i call it) of his/its own making placed upon their own hands, those who conspire with evil in the context of a Babylonian domination system, that's fast losing it's grip on an ever-larger swath of humanity as they, as we all, one by one, come to the place of a co-mingling of the Spirit of God and mankind, when God makes his home with us and calls us His son.

There are those who understand, who "grok" and those who only wield the Bible to be right, relative to another's wrong.

The Christian experience is an authentic love relationship, yes even a consumation so to speak and a wedding reception, and yes, we must have humility lest we embarrass ourselves in front of all who are gathered by taking a high place at the table that wasn't reserved for us, while another further down-table is correctly placed in the spot we were just forced to vacate!

Do we HAVE the Lord, not as a King on a faraway throne, but as a true friend, as company in the Spirit?

Do you believe in the Spirit and the ability of the Lord to indwell us, and live with us, within us, and above us, which blows like the wind being radically free? Do you know what it means and signifies to be reborn from above vs. below.

You're right that it brings humility where humility is also the capacity to know and to express one's self as you truly are ie: not unnecessarily sheepish or "pious".

I pointed out in another post end of last page that to truly comprehend the unmerited Grace of God in Jesus, to really get it, is enough to bring any sane and rational person to tears, first of sorrow and regret, and then, eventually the tears of utter hilarity.

It's an experience. God is not a thing or an idol set apart from us, because of the Spirit of God in Christ Jesus who is among other things the manifest love of God, which never died.. ha HA!

For better or worse, we are the Bride of Christ. I am, as are anyone who allows it or permits it - and what I'm here to say is that in the final analysis, when push comes to shove, it's the only rational and reasonable position to take, while drawing a clear distinction relative to everything that's unreasonable and ultimately unworkable and absurd.

If we actually have the armor on, in other words, the battle is won, everywhere we go, provided that we give all glory to God that what's done is done in God for the world to see, and in seeing, and hearing, understand, turn and be healed.

Are there any readers out there for whom this evokes a kind of creeping smile, even the giggle of a lost and recovered child within - which was why the other poster blushed - it wasn't flattery, you misinterpreted/misunderstood the spirit of their response,and indeed when we are given to Spirit, and when our inner child is recovered, there is a blush, and a deep joy, even a giggly mirth and playfulness about it.

That said, I do like what you're representing, but not if it's to be right, while making another, whether me or anyone else wrong, especially not with the use of the Bible if it's according to the letter and not the Spirit.

Discernment isn't just about a purely rational judgement either, but a much deeper level of intuition and guidance of which only one who has access to the Spirit would understand perfectly. It's of the heart, not the mind. The fruits whether for good or bad are plainly obvious to the Spirit, and thus you would or ought to know at least something of my heart, that i wish no ill will nor carry a self-glorifying agenda only (our mutual glorification, yes!).

Jesus did all of this, and blazed the whole trail, I can see that clearly now, that it's a model of authentic leadership or good Shepherdship, whereby to follow is also to lead.

There's a voice that can be heard. Those who have the Lord call and people recognize the voice, and so the sheep go through into new pasture - voila!

I don't know if you're cynical, a staunch JW who doesn't believe in Spirit, you have not really shared your heart with us, only correct scripture, which can't and needn't and ought not be argued with, but there resides your own point of leverage, does it not?

edit on 30-5-2019 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Can the hearer be heard?
Can the seer be seen?

The one that speaks is the one that listens. The one that sees is the one that reveals. "I Am" is the primordial causal agency, the root of all conscious discourse, discernment and matter. Simple and humble, yet the magnificent source of all.

'When Jesus said to them "I Am", they drew back and fell to the ground.'

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Like what you did with so few words there. Amazing.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
As millions die, we turn a blind eye, entertained by the false idols presented to hide us from the essence of humanity.
To those who can still hear, do not turn away, open your eyes and ears for the time has come to fight back.
Our souls are not lost, our prayers can still be heard.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Any Other Man Not Somehow Blessed by God to Save his Creations from Self Destruction would be Found Wanting in Intestinal Fortitude in Resisting the Evil Ones Attacks and Advances ,,,,,,,,President Trump's Guardian Angel has his " Back " Indeed IMO.........

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

No doubt. Evil empire. Same dynamic. A person doesn't even have to like DJT to completely get behind him as well when they understand precisely what it is that he, that we, are fighting as a hideous conspiracy that JFK ref'd a week before they shot him in front of the whole world with windows around the plaza bristling with guns and gunfire with everyone missing except the kid in the drainage grate.

They're like Nazi Mobster Satanists & hook-nosed inbred "elite" hobbling around in the lap of luxury greedily rubbing their hands together in their pursuit of absolute power, which Trump has managed to troll right out into the daylight, using Twitter and Rallies while bypassing the Mockingbird-CIA filtered media, which is almost starting to collapse as their narrative becomes the minority viewpoint.

However, if Barr is somehow tainted.. he was, after all, George HW Bush's AG - it could be that Trump dumping the Declass on him to vet and release at his discretion might end up concealing the lynchpin that's capable of pulling down and imploding their structure straight from the top down.

For some this might be hard to digest, the notion that Trump is actually fighting the good fight for real while aiming to take down the "old guard" who intersect Hollyweird & at other levels, a kind of Moloch-worshipping Babylonian domination system where the overarching theme of the Bible is the way that God chose to deal with it, while seeking in each and everyone one of us, a kind of partnership, in order so that we might be shaped into living stones and precious pearls in the gate of the temple of the living God and the body of Christ comprised of all true God lovers who allow themselves, and give permission to God, to receive his Divine Love as a freely given open-invitation, to help give birth to a new world and a new age of Grace & an authentic arrow of Civilization as a process on the path of progress towards perfection (even if we never attain it) - what the Declaration of Independence called the formation of a more perfect union, and here I'm referring as much to an allegory of a Divine Familial Framework as I am to the United States of America as it was modeled by the founding framers, with individual Civil Liberty & the opportunity for self-determination and ascension up the Maslow Hierarchy of Needs to the place where the work, not of evil, but of enlightenment, can become our chief aim & pursuit - as we take over the world with the Love of God, and Love's reason, no matter how unreasonably reasonable it may be.

Each time i write about this, I start by giving consideration to a terrible evil that we are fighting, but then end up focusing on something else, something more heavenly than hellish. That is where I'm drawn, not to the evil which ought to be trampled under foot and left behind, yes even if that might mean leaving the dead to bury their dead and following Jesus and the way of the cross, which is also the way to the resurrection and the new life in unconstrained unfettered freedom.

"Love, and do as you will."
~ St. Augustine

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join