It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireballs lighting up the sky over Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The larger the object, the more spectacular the flash. Where your typical meteor is caused by an object the size of a grain of dust (or, for a particularly bright one, a grain of rice), fireballs like those seen this week are caused by much larger bodies – the size of a grapefruit, a melon or even a car.

Such impacts are rarer than their tiny siblings because there are many more small objects in the Solar system than larger bodies.

What caused the fireballs that lit up the sky over Australia?

More videos

Australia has seen quite a few large fireballs in the last few day. Is this a sign of thing to come or just normal for the Earth?

Spectacular footage has emerged of a meteor soaring over south-eastern Australia overnight, engulfing the night sky in a brilliant explosion of light.

Dashcam and CCTV vision show a ball of light racing through the sky before exploding just before midnight, triggering reports from Adelaide to the Gippsland coast in Victoria’s east.

Vice President of the Astronomical Society Perry Vlahos told 9News that it’s relatively rare to see a “piece of space dust” that “bright in the sky.”

Spectacular meteor light show

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
We're all going to die soon. There's a major asteroid swarm headed towards earth. The people in power know it, which is why they are doing their best to loot as much as they can right now before they have to hide out in their underground bunkers.

Or, they're just meteors.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Meteors at night everything‘s all right , meteorite in the morning “ Nibiru“ is still boring .

Bastardized fictionalized version of a time honored quote.

Forgive me I was bored .

S n F I love the night sky .
edit on 25-5-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Y'know, we've not a had a good Planet X thread in a while...we're overdue.

Wonderful thing about living rural Alabama now...I can really see the night sky!!! Satellites. Meteors. UFO's. etc...
edit on 5/25/2019 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Im cleaning the Jacuzzi right now to watch the asteroid fly by tonight!

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Lets hope that moon is not going to hit our moon

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I thought I had been seeing more fireballs than usual.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
We are about to entering Taurid Swarm. Approaching in June. Look up in the sky or hide in the bunker.

"Earth is about to have a close encounter with a meteoroid swarm. In June 2019, the Taurid Swarm will make its closest post-perihelion approach to our planet since 1975. Researchers have long known that the swarm is filled with pebble-sized debris that can cause spectacular fireballs when they hit the atmosphere. Now, evidence is mounting that the swarm may be hiding much larger objects, such as the Tunguska impactor that leveled a forest in Siberia in 1908. Are we in any danger?"

Spaceweather

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I always thought California will the first facing the Wrath of God at the End of Times. I'm very disappointed but won't question "His" decision. After all, He knows all you did Australia.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

To be honest I have never participated in a Nibiru thread on any site .

But when I’m down home I have seen many a dark night camping out.

Watching the sky is better than poking a stick in a campfire.

Especially if you have a pair of binoculars .

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: whiteblack

Thanks for the heads up on this. You should make a thread.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Since we are moving at 9 miles a second while spinning on our axis at 700 mph i would expect a better show , more sparks and fire works please

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

hang on isn't this god open to changing its mind -

Abraham got it down to a battle of bargaining

" if 1 righteous man be found amongst the wicked" etc

Genesis 18:31

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: whiteblack

Now, evidence is mounting that the swarm may be hiding much larger objects, such as the Tunguska impactor that leveled a forest in Siberia in 1908. Are we in any danger?"

I thought that was a Tesla "oops" moment

new topics

top topics

join