It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Construction at Edwards AFB South Base

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As noted the The War Zone there is alot of construction going on at the South Base at Edwards. Included in this is a large structure that is right over the revetment Zaphod, Sam, and myself spotted a flying wing last summer.

The expansion as explained is no doubt in support of the upcoming arrival of the B-21 for its formal testing. No doubt they are already flying out of Groom.

South base Expansion

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
No doubt they are already flying out of Groom.

If i had to guess i'd say Palmdale at this point.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Overhead coverings make sense. I'm kind of surprised they didn't do it sooner.
edit on 5/22/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight

originally posted by: FredT
No doubt they are already flying out of Groom.

If i had to guess i'd say Palmdale at this point.

I don't think so. They are defiantly building it there but no one has seen anything around Plant 42. There is no doubt they are flying it in small numbers but the lack of sightings point towards Groom.

Palmdale is way way too exposed plus there are spotters all over.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I don't put much faith in spotters tbh. Years and years and we've got next to nothing.
Would you have captured the flying wing if they hadnt parked it on the ramp that night for multiple hours?

And i don't see the point anyway. It's not some spooky SAP, just classified. Everyone knows how it looks like and everyone will see it within the next five years no matter what. No reason to waste valuable real estate at Groom and not have the vehicle on hand at their main facility of the project.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wow the two of you are your own fan club! Nice.

I put faith in the fact that there are spotters watching Palmdale most of the time. Will they be there every minute of every hour of everyday? Nope but its way way too open for them to be flying stuff they want to keep under wraps for now.

The amount of ins and outs that would go along with flight testing etc. would mean too much traffic to risk being noticed. Hence a more remote location.

Edwards South base is hard to see from anything more than 11-12 miles out. Heck I was just on the tour and we drove on the ramp at the main base and I was hard pressed to make out much on the South base

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Just passed CDR in November? December?

Still awaiting word of a real first flight and roll out. How much flight testing do you believe has taken place to be seen?

Tech demonstrators/rough "prototype" mostly faithful to the final design probably exist, but I'd guess that is pretty well wrapped up already.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Sooooooooo, if the B-21 is at the factory in Palmdale, won’t the spotters see it when it heads to Edwards?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sooooooooo, if the B-21 is at the factory in Palmdale, won’t the spotters see it when it heads to Edwards?

link   

link   

link   

(Oops. Double post. Dang phone!)
edit on 22-5-2019 by SonofaSkunk because: Double post

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Edwards North base is even more classied isn't it? I was told by a reliable source that the giant white hangar on south base houses a new classified is with amazing capabilities. I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the program patch.
edit on 22-5-2019 by Cavrecon22 because: Spelling

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
WOW a rare triple post.

Sure long odds though and they will fly them out at night at odd times etc. Production will not be like a 737 and Ill be surprised if they make more than a few a month. As noted the Raider is NOT a black project, but they still will want to keep it under wraps for a while.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cavrecon22

South Base is the classified side.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cavrecon22
Edwards North base is even more classied isn't it? I was told by a reliable source that the giant white hangar on south base houses a new classified is with amazing capabilities. I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the program patch.

I don't know. You can see parts of the North Base from Balls 8 aka NASA Boeing NB-52B, aka the Gate Guard at the entrance off of Hwy 58 so If at one time they were doing stuff there its long gone at least for stuff they don't want seen. You can drive right up to it as its just before the gate, park and take some shots

edit on 5/22/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Do you think it'd be fair to say the RQ-180 & B-21 are both grey but different shades?

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masisoar
Do you think it'd be fair to say the RQ-180 & B-21 are both grey but different shades?

The RQ-180 is pretty black at this point. The Raider on the other hand is expected to made in quantity so you will see them alot more down the road. It may be a while before someone spots a RQ-180.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I like to look at black from the perspective of a project's existence being completely denied and un-referenced in the public spectrum by any notable officials. The RQ-180, while I think there's been at least one photo of it (?), has been in some respect acknowledged by a staff officer at one point but with very very few details provided. Because of the nature of its implied profile and mission, I do agree it will probably stay relatively dark for a while. Unless of course we encounter another Sentinel incident.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join