It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ is The God of Humility (does any other god compare)?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Jesus answered, “See to it that you are not deceived. For many will come in My name, claiming, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Brahma is one.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

The Scriptures say multiple times that Jesus is God.

Christian scriptures do not define God so they are labelling Jesus as something that Christian scriptures say nothing about - Yes?

In Judaic and tantric texts that deal with the nature of God. They warn, that our dualistic level of awareness, in which we view God and his/her creation as separate, is nothing but an illusion. When one is enlightened (perhaps the true meaning of born again) they witness the true non-dualistic nature of GOD, Vaguely similar to a cosmic mind in which all reality manifests and dissolves, including each one of us.

So when Jesus in an enlightened state, said he and Father are one, that is true from a non-dualistic viewpoint.
When Jesus said in an unenlightened state, that he was the son of man, that was true from a dualistic viewpoint.

The problem is not in the texts but with our understanding of reality. Quantum entanglement tells us that mind and matter is connected. Everything is one. Everything is GOD.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude
a reply to: EternalShadow

That's not my interpretation. It's what Christ said according to The Gospel. He said He is God.

John 14:8-9 - "Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?"

I'm the Father too since I was made in his image. Try again.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Blah Blah Blah...

You didn't address my Trinity Smasher, how do you reconcile that?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

This is a clear explanation for anyone who finds it confusing or says it cannot be: the Holy Trinity is the belief that the one God subsists in Three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, Jesus (Who took on flesh in the incarnation and became Man), and God the Holy Spirit. They are all God, with the same divine attributes, yet are in relationship with each other as Subject and Object.

How about these?

Colossians 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

Isiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Colossians 1:15-17, The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

John 14:9-11 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

John 10:30-36 I and the Father are one.” 31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?” 33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

This is a helpful link:
creation.com...

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

You're overreaching; stretching it. You yourself replied that it was a belief, which doesn't make it a fact.

A father and a son can be one, but God and Jesus are separate beings.

“I have shown you many good works from the Father...." Jesus is telling you right there that he and his father who is GOD, are two different things!! Why is that so hard to read? He is, he isn't, from his own words!! That's the scriptures confusing a mass amount of people when it's actually quite simple.

And you still have not disputed my Trinity Smasher, nor why he cries out NOT TO HIMSELF on the cross, but to HIS FATHER! When he prays in the garden, is he praying to HIMSELF???

NO HE IS NOT.

If the only way to the FATHER is through him, why the extra step if HE IS GOD???

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Trinitarians will always believe Jesus is God... regardless of what the bible says

they actually don't realize its just not in the book, but they were taught it their whole lives so its gotta be true

I gave up on this argument years ago... its pointless

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

A father and a son can be one, but God and Jesus are separate beings.Text

Jesus was not God. You are correct. But before Jesus was incarnated from the Father, He existed as the "Word of God" and was of God and was God. John 1:1-5 tells this very clearly. As Jesus died, He was restored to His former authority which is "The Word of God'. When reading the NT be aware that Jesus the man has died and is forevermore dead. His name is alive to us as for our recognition of who He was and what He has done. "The Word of God is actually our Creator.

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

see this is just more dogma... When Jesus died HE said specifically... all power was GIVEN to me in heaven and earth... which means he was still subordinate to the Father...

The writer of John said he was the word of God and the creator... Jesus didn't say that

posted on May, 22 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I've learned much about many religions, talked at length with people who practice literally religiously and even dabbled myself in some.

I've seen Christianity from both sides of the fence, I've looked at it in a historical sense and all I'm doing is throwing in my two pence.

Anyways there's teachers and then there's preachers, I haven't met many Christians (or Muslims for that matter) interested in teaching me, guess I just needed saving or something? In another note Christianity has it's own sects, things they disagree vehemently on and/or interpret in radically different ways so before you go saying I don't understand Christianity you should ask "do my own religious scholars and preachers fully understand Christianity?".

Everyone has their own personal version of the truth but facts are facts. I never said the Bible is restricted I said it was written by men and compiled by men, hell it wasn't even available outside of Latin for the longest time... I know exactly how the key holders used that book to control others.

I'm not knocking Christianity, I'd like to think I can think about it critically though. Christianity has brought much good to the world and is a noble religion when practiced appropriately.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I read what you wrote and you don’t have a clue, like so many others around here.
You just carry on the whispers and road furniture

Christianity is not about the bible, preacher, teachers, control or religion, christianity is about Jesus

The one thing you neglected, with so many it’s always what you neglect to see is what it is about

You are blinded by your own beliefs

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Actually, Christ DID say that He is God The Father in the flesh:

John 14:8-9
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

actually no... unless you haven't been paying attention to everything HE said about who he was in the books written before "john"... perhaps to most Christians that would say such things... but he gave no indication that he was God until Johns gospel

And he didn't say anything even close to "I am God the Father in the flesh"...the point was he has been showing them the Father since they met... but as per usual his followers didn't have a clue...

Who He actually said he was... is the Son of the Father

And there is only One...

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

actually no... unless you haven't been paying attention to everything HE said about who he was in the books written before "john"... perhaps to most Christians that would say such things... but he gave no indication that he was God until Johns gospel

And he didn't say anything even close to "I am God the Father in the flesh"...the point was he has been showing them the Father since they met... but as per usual his followers didn't have a clue...

Who He actually said he was... is the Son of the Father

And there is only One...

I think it says he is God and he is not God

not God:

God cannot be tempted.

God cannot be tempted. James 1:13

Yet Jesus was tempted. (So he isn't God.)

Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. Matthew 4:1

Jesus ... Being forty days tempted of the devil. Luke 4:1-2

Jesus ... was in all points tempted like as we are. Hebrews 4:14-15

Jesus (sometimes) denied that he was God.

By saying:

That he was neither good nor God.

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. Matthew 19:17, Mark 10:18

That his father was greater than he was.

My Father is greater than I. John 14:28

That he was just a man, a child of God like everyone else.

I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. John 20:17

But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God. John 8:40

As he was dying, Jesus asked God why he had foresaken him. (Can God forsake God?)

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Matthew 27:46, Mark 15:34

After Jesus died, he sat on the right hand of God. (Can God sit on his own right side?)

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. Mark 16:19

Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1

Jesus Christ: who is ... on the the right hand of God. 1 Peter 3:21-22

Jesus is the man God chose to judge other men and be their mediator.

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. Acts 17:31 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5

But he is still subject to God.

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. 1 Corinthians 15:28

And although his head is God, the rest of him is human.

The head of Christ is God. 1 Corinthians 11:3

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It's not just The Gospel of John that Jesus is called God, but in The Gospel of Matthew, too.

Matthew 1:23-25,

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus."

Jesus is called "Emmanuel", which in English means that Jesus is called "God with us".

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Jesus wasn't ever called Emmanuel… by anyone... and his birth was fulfilling prophesy according to the previous verse... in which said prophet did not mean God was going to come in the flesh

Just so you know...

Though he did consider himself to be the son of God...

edit on 22-6-2019 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: lightofgratitude
a reply to: ArchangelOger

The Scriptures say multiple times that Jesus is God.

No, he was not God. He was his son. If he was God, why then while he was suffering on the cross did he ask, "Father....why have you forsaken me?"

When he was baptized, he came up from the water and dove flew over which was apparently the holy spirit, and a voice from heaven said, "This is my son, with whom I'm well pleased."

That puts Jesus in the water with John, the holy spirit above as a bird, and GOD in heaven.

TRINITY THEORY SMASHED!

Boom.

See what I did here? Same as you, I took a story not written by me and made my own interpretation of what it meant.

Jesus was NOT god.

Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are one.

According to Mary K Baxter, when she was in Heaven it was said that Jesus, God and Holy Spirit often times merge as One
Trinity God.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: RAY1990

I read what you wrote and you don’t have a clue, like so many others around here.
You just carry on the whispers and road furniture

Christianity is not about the bible, preacher, teachers, control or religion, christianity is about Jesus

The one thing you neglected, with so many it’s always what you neglect to see is what it is about

You are blinded by your own beliefs

WOW the amount of irony in the post is enough for 10 life times.

Its not about preaching and teaching right?

many just have no clue you preach and the poster you reply too is blinded by their belief.

Your whole post is what say Christianity is not about according what you say in this post

and others are blinded

I have said it numerous times its a laugh reading these threads because it shows how faith and unity just do not exist in the hearts of those that say they follow a man who as many interpret it was trying to push 2000 years ago.

Its exactly what Ray1990 says how divided Christianity is.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I think you missed the whole point, completely

I replied to a single post, you missed the theme

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join